Cameroon have Nigeria in their sights - Vanguard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Cameroon have Nigeria in their sights - Vanguard

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The only way Eagles can beat Cameroon —Tawtaw

By Tony Ubani, Tunisia

Monday, January 26, 2004

Just as the Super Eagles worry about the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun, so do the Lions sleep with one eye thinking about the Eagles. Apart from the noise their supporters make taunting Nigerians as their wives, I can reveal that the Lions are scared stiff about an encounter with them.
Before their match with Algeria, Vanguard had the rare opportunity of visiting their camp and was introduced to the muscular Lions who instantly started asking questions about the Eagles.
Apart from the fact that they hold the ace in their previous matches against the Eagles, they were wary about the form of Austin Okocha.
They even said that at times they wish that Okocha was a Camerounian
. Moments after, veteran journalist, Emmanuel Tataw confirmed that they worry a lot about the chances of meeting the Eagles before the final.
“Cameroun worry a lot about the Eagles and they don’t want to meet you in the preliminaries.
The reason is that they believe that you can beat them only before the final. But once it is the final, you have to forget it”, he said with an arrogance reserved for a defending champion.
“There is no way that Nigeria can beat Cameroun in any cup final. That is why we always pray to avoid meeting Nigeria in the early stages of the competition”, he revealed.
skipper Song had already said that Nigeria might not get to the final to have the opportunity of avenging the series of defeats they have inflicted on the Nigerians.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

abeg try to focus .... lets say it together: M O R R O C C O 8)
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

I pray that we both get through to the Quater final. At least they should stay behind Eggypt in the group stage while we top our group in Jesus Name then we can know who is who.
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

green4life wrote:abeg try to focus .... lets say it together: M O R R O C C O 8)
I hear you, green4life...these are just ways of distracting boys.They've dropped their own points, now they're looking for who to join them.

We shall address Cameroon if and when we get there.

I hear you...M-O-R-O-C-C-O.

Q
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

And let me add, if possible CAF can reschedule the features if we both qualify to the semi final, I pray CAF do something so we can really meet at the final. I bet, they will smell the anus this time around.

And the guy said we can beat them in ANY CUP FINAL, Pls help me tell him too that LG is also a competition though of little value but we beat them to collect the trophy.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

VINDAVE wrote:And let me add, if possible CAF can reschedule the features if we both qualify to the semi final, I pray CAF do something so we can really meet at the final. I bet, they will smell the anus this time around.

And the guy said we can beat them in ANY CUP FINAL, Pls help me tell him too that LG is also a competition though of little value but we beat them to collect the trophy.
Vindave I don't know how the schedule is drawn up but if we miss playing Cameroon in the q-finals, the only other place we can meet them is the final. That ofcourse if both teams make it there.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Robbynice wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:And let me add, if possible CAF can reschedule the features if we both qualify to the semi final, I pray CAF do something so we can really meet at the final. I bet, they will smell the anus this time around.

Vindave I don't know how the schedule is drawn up but if we miss playing Cameroon in the q-finals, the only other place we can meet them is the final. That ofcourse if both teams make it there.
I think you are right. I've just check the features, CAF have a way of putting us apart. then it should go this way... either both topping their group or both being runners up.

FIXTURES

Quarter-finals

Sat 7th Feb 1600, QF1
Winner A v 2nd B
Rades

Sat 7th Feb 1400, QF2
Winner B v 2nd A
El Menzah

Sun 8th Feb 1300, QF3
Winner C v 2nd D
Monastir

Sun 8th Feb 1600, QF4
Winner D v 2nd C
Sfax

Semi-finals

Wed 11th Feb 1500, SF1
QF1 v QF3
Rades

Wed 11th Feb 1800, SF2
QF2 v QF4
Sousse

FINAL

Sat 14th Feb 1400
SF1 v SF2
Rades

All kick-offs shown as GMT (local time add one hour)
Last edited by VINDAVE on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

If we dont meet in the q-finals, we dont meet untill the finals.
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

SE haven't kicked a ball yet we are already talking about quater final :!:
Na wa for una o :? did somebody say 1998 world cup reprise :?:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

green4life wrote:abeg try to focus .... lets say it together: M O R R O C C O 8)
You took the words right of my fingertips.

On step before the other. Cameroon can wait their turn....
Mbape
Egg
Egg

Post by Mbape »

Even Cameroonian private press are not allowed in the Cameroon camp, let alone vanguard. But geez are you guys so daft you can smell this putrid excuse for journalism?
Babso
Egg
Egg

Post by Babso »

Mbape wrote:Even Cameroonian private press are not allowed in the Cameroon camp, let alone vanguard. But geez are you guys so daft you can smell this putrid excuse for journalism?
......and who is this daftie calling people "daft" here?????
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

I have this feelings that one of them will be surprised in the group stage. Remember the long anticipated match between Brazil and Nigeria in France
98 World cup.Lets keep our fingers crossed untill we get to the brigde then we starting talking about strategy how to cross it.
mouko
Egg
Egg
Re: Cameroon have Nigeria in their sights - Vanguard

Post by mouko »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:The only way Eagles can beat Cameroon —Tawtaw

By Tony Ubani, Tunisia

Monday, January 26, 2004

Just as the Super Eagles worry about the Indomitable Lions of Cameroun, so do the Lions sleep with one eye thinking about the Eagles. Apart from the noise their supporters make taunting Nigerians as their wives, I can reveal that the Lions are scared stiff about an encounter with them.
Before their match with Algeria, Vanguard had the rare opportunity of visiting their camp and was introduced to the muscular Lions who instantly started asking questions about the Eagles.
Apart from the fact that they hold the ace in their previous matches against the Eagles, they were wary about the form of Austin Okocha.
They even said that at times they wish that Okocha was a Camerounian
. Moments after, veteran journalist, Emmanuel Tataw confirmed that they worry a lot about the chances of meeting the Eagles before the final.
“Cameroun worry a lot about the Eagles and they don’t want to meet you in the preliminaries.
The reason is that they believe that you can beat them only before the final. But once it is the final, you have to forget it”, he said with an arrogance reserved for a defending champion.
“There is no way that Nigeria can beat Cameroun in any cup final. That is why we always pray to avoid meeting Nigeria in the early stages of the competition”, he revealed.
skipper Song had already said that Nigeria might not get to the final to have the opportunity of avenging the series of defeats they have inflicted on the Nigerians.
Junk. Total junk. You naijas are so cheap. amazing how you would fall for every crap. For your info, even Cameroonian journalists are not access to the players, talk less of foreign press. ewu.....
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

M O R R O C C O :)