the downside to Moses new role in Conte's

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chimex101
Egg
Egg
the downside to Moses new role in Conte's

Post by Chimex101 »

3-4-3 system is that it will turn him into a more mechanical type player who will rely heavily on sheer pace and strength than technique, and Moses is a very tricky player with decent technique and I fear he might end up as another Mikel who was shafted into been a dust-up player he is now from his normal attacking abilities... I just hope his new role with Chelsea won't affect the more attacking style we have known him for in the SE system.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: the downside to Moses new role in Conte's

Post by okidoki »

It won't. The thing is, he has to be much more tactical and limit the flair. However an old man gon, will dance to a tune he knows. When he plays as a winger he'll take more chances. Also observe his stamina is clearly improvef, a good one for us.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

What a poorly thought out thread..smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Actually if you watched the game against Everton, bobo did not show any drop off to his attacking abilities. If anything he is attacking at his peak. One of his shots hit the post, another was unlucky to go in, after being parried. He had one deft pass from deep to Costa, scintillating runs on the right, step overs, drops of the shoulder, one twos, give and gos with Kante, Hazard and Pedro etc

and you also forget one part of Victor Moses's game that was always there (He is one of the best players in the EPL, when it comes to running from deep). That has always been a big part of the game. It is not something that emerged under this new system, it is simply going to be more prevalent now.

So bobo will simply become more versatile and complete. A player that can do it all really. The way that he drops his shoulder and opens up space is reminiscent of Hazard's own abilities, bobo is still playing like the classic winger that he was.

And his confidence right now is at peak levels. If he starts against Algeria, I feel sorry for them.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Bigpokey24 wrote:What a poorly thought out thread..smh
you too dey find trouble.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Moses has gone from perpetual loanee/man in the iron mask, to a fully established first-teamer and arguably one of the first names on the team-sheet. Detrimental? Nonsense, one would find less bullsh*t neath a buffalo undergoing colonic irrigation. Moses is blossoming, brilliantly.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

He will surely provide good cover for whatever option we field in the troubled right back position ... Big plus right there
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Tbite wrote:Actually if you watched the game against Everton, bobo did not show any drop off to his attacking abilities. If anything he is attacking at his peak. One of his shots hit the post, another was unlucky to go in, after being parried. He had one deft pass from deep to Costa, scintillating runs on the right, step overs, drops of the shoulder, one twos, give and gos with Kante, Hazard and Pedro etc

and you also forget one part of Victor Moses's game that was always there (He is one of the best players in the EPL, when it comes to running from deep). That has always been a big part of the game. It is not something that emerged under this new system, it is simply going to be more prevalent now.

So bobo will simply become more versatile and complete. A player that can do it all really. The way that he drops his shoulder and opens up space is reminiscent of Hazard's own abilities, bobo is still playing like the classic winger that he was.

And his confidence right now is at peak levels. If he starts against Algeria, I feel sorry for them.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I was at the game today.
To find anything but positives in VMs new role is wasting time. It suits him to a T.
It actually accentuates his trickery in the final third, opens up more of the field as he gets the ball in deeper positions, and makes better use of his physical strength - he was a beast on the tackles today.
And I can tell you from the chat on the terraces, he's become a firm fan favourite.
If he stays free, he'll be one of Chelsea's most impactful players.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Kabalega wrote:
Tbite wrote:Actually if you watched the game against Everton, bobo did not show any drop off to his attacking abilities. If anything he is attacking at his peak. One of his shots hit the post, another was unlucky to go in, after being parried. He had one deft pass from deep to Costa, scintillating runs on the right, step overs, drops of the shoulder, one twos, give and gos with Kante, Hazard and Pedro etc

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This guy.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the guy is having fun this season, one of the many pluses not honoring SE/Nigeria call ups.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

100%Naija wrote:
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

. He's not picking up any new habits at 26
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Moses wasn't even considered before Conte arrived so he wasn't able to prove anything as far as Chelsea where concerned!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:I was at the game today.
To find anything but positives in VMs new role is wasting time. It suits him to a T.
It actually accentuates his trickery in the final third, opens up more of the field as he gets the ball in deeper positions, and makes better use of his physical strength - he was a beast on the tackles today.
And I can tell you from the chat on the terraces, he's become a firm fan favourite.
Though Hazzard rightfully won MOTM, Moses was a contender by the Sky sports pundits.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

To be fair, everyone had the best games I've ever seen them play for Chelsea, apart from Courtois and Cahill (not that they did anything wrong, just that they had normal games).

Moses was full of swagger, a constant menace to Everton. You'd think he was the star of the league considering the nonchalant way he dominated that flank in both halves of the pitch.
But
Luis was imperial
Cesear unflappable
Matic and Kante supremely assured. Kante interestingly playing slightly more forward of the two
Alonso finally had a good game. Scratch that, a great game.
Pedro was my next MOM. Looked like the player once promised at Barca, our very own Alexi Sanchez. Everything he did worked.
And Diego activated full beast mode. Absolutely terrorised Ashley Williams and Phil Jaglieka.

Lots of the UK press are saying this was one of the most impressive performances in Premiership history. It really was that good.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Is their really that big a difference between a wing back in a 3 - 4 - 3 formation and a full back in a 4 - 3 - 3 or 4 - 4 - 2 formation? Maybe Rhor should consider playing Moses at RFB :idea: :!:

Cheers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

100%Naija wrote:
No mind am! He no efen write him own idea.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coach wrote:Moses has gone from perpetual loanee/man in the iron mask, to a fully established first-teamer and arguably one of the first names on the team-sheet. Detrimental? Nonsense, one would find less bullsh*t neath a buffalo undergoing colonic irrigation. Moses is blossoming, brilliantly.
Nmm :shock: :shock: ? Oga; abeg, na wetin you tok? :lol: :lol: Make you tok-am again make I hear propro
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

waka-man wrote:I was at the game today.
Free of what? Please clarify
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

100%Naija wrote:
When you see such lazy thought out thread, you just ponder...the OP still dey drink milk. ..how any person fit beat chest dey predict how footballer career go end because bobo dey play different position ..omo I tire for people wey get coconut water as brain cells
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
100%Naija wrote:
When you see such lazy thought out thread, you just ponder...the OP still dey drink milk. ..how any person fit beat chest dey predict how footballer career go end because bobo dey play different position ..omo I tire for people wey get coconut water as brain cells
dude nobody here takes you serious so get a grip on yourself, abi na fight? you old pass me yet you dey chase me around from pillar to post :shock: :shock: :shock: :taunt: make yourself more useful, like jerking off to a picture of Mikel in the basement of your mama's house or something you twat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Last edited by Chimex101 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

waka-man wrote:To be fair, everyone had the best games I've ever seen them play for Chelsea, apart from Courtois and Cahill (not that they did anything wrong, just that they had normal games).

Moses was full of swagger, a constant menace to Everton. You'd think he was the star of the league considering the nonchalant way he dominated that flank in both halves of the pitch.
But
Luis was imperial
Cesear unflappable
Matic and Kante supremely assured. Kante interestingly playing slightly more forward of the two
Alonso finally had a good game. Scratch that, a great game.
Pedro was my next MOM. Looked like the player once promised at Barca, our very own Alexi Sanchez. Everything he did worked.
And Diego activated full beast mode. Absolutely terrorised Ashley Williams and Phil Jaglieka.

Lots of the UK press are saying this was one of the most impressive performances in Premiership history. It really was that good.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: