SE CAMP: STORMING Camp, Photos, Kele's Wonder Goal...(LOL)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pictures Of SE Training. Everyone Present & Camp's Full

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:I see only one picture and I can't tell they are working HARD by looking at it.

Mumu cab driver. get a real browser!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SE CAMP: Iwobi, Iheanacho, Musa STORM Camp....(LOL).

Post by truetalk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:Mikel made 1 tackle? Niyi did you watch the game? What about parts of CM work that he did like the intricate passing moves combining with Iwobi and Kelechi that Onazi didn't participate in? Onazi is stronger in ball wining but Mikel is much better in organizing us offensively going forward in addition to the defensive aspect contributions... By the way was a lot more than one tackle. But what notable did Ndidi do besides being abused so much that Rohr is begging an inexperienced kid in Holland to cover at RB for us? Forget about being played our of position : Ndidi was a bag of nerves in Zambia. He couldn't handle the pressure away but he'll be comfortable in front of 60k fans in Uyo while mikel watches from the bench. What happens when he mistraps the first ball or makes the first turnover to Marhez? OK o. Form ko. Formation ni.
He knows nothing. He just wants to feel among. You know when you sit from afar especially on the internet and yarn pure rubbish, one(Niyi) gets the notion that they actually count
As people on this forum know, I have been tough on Mikel over the years, & his lukewarm perforrmances came to head with the 2014 World Cup.

BUT, the man has turned things around since then, & he has been in stellar form for the National team. He is probably the first person I'd pencil in any SE list.

From the Olympics to the qualifiers, Mikel is doing everything right on and off the field. Encouraging young players & using his own money as a stop gap to move things along, rather than allow camp scatter. His cool & level headed has already made him a better SE captain in this aspect than Oliseh or Keshi, as far as I am concerned.

The Onazi to Ideye to Simon to Mikel to Nacho to Mikel to Ideye to Nacho move for the 2nd goal vs Zambia was just too sweet & shows the kind of impact Mikel can have in the attack as well. He is still solid in the defensive midfield. I'd have Ogu on stanby from the 65th minute though, especially if Mikel has run a lot.

So Punkey & Mikel4Wife, I have not joined your club, but Mikel is living up to the hype for the SE, regardless of whatever is going on with Chelsea.
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
green4life wrote:Mikel made 1 tackle? Niyi did you watch the game? What about parts of CM work that he did like the intricate passing moves combining with Iwobi and Kelechi that Onazi didn't participate in? Onazi is stronger in ball wining but Mikel is much better in organizing us offensively going forward in addition to the defensive aspect contributions... By the way was a lot more than one tackle. But what notable did Ndidi do besides being abused so much that Rohr is begging an inexperienced kid in Holland to cover at RB for us? Forget about being played our of position : Ndidi was a bag of nerves in Zambia. He couldn't handle the pressure away but he'll be comfortable in front of 60k fans in Uyo while mikel watches from the bench. What happens when he mistraps the first ball or makes the first turnover to Marhez? OK o. Form ko. Formation ni.
He knows nothing. He just wants to feel among. You know when you sit from afar especially on the internet and yarn pure rubbish, one(Niyi) gets the notion that they actually count
As people on this forum know, I have been tough on Mikel over the years, & his lukewarm perforrmances came to head with the 2014 World Cup.

BUT, the man has turned things around since then, & he has been in stellar form for the National team. He is probably the first person I'd pencil in any SE list.

From the Olympics to the qualifiers, Mikel is doing everything right on and off the field. Encouraging young players & using his own money as a stop gap to move things along, rather than allow camp scatter. His cool & level headed has already made him a better SE captain in this aspect than Oliseh or Keshi, as far as I am concerned.

The Onazi to Ideye to Simon to Mikel to Nacho to Mikel to Ideye to Nacho move for the 2nd goal vs Zambia was just too sweet & shows the kind of impact Mike can have in the attack as well. He is still solid in the defensive midfield. I'd have Ogu on stanby from the 65th minute though, especially if Mikel has run a lot.

So Punkey & Mikel4Wife, I have not joined your club, but Mikel is living up to the hype for the SE, regardless of whatever is going on with Chelsea.
Mikel has matured. Money is no problem now and his focus is for national recognition. He's done everything at club level. He's now the leader of the pack.

If he brings his game face on match day then I expect him to lead from the front
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Club form and National team form( positions etc) are different. The guy is the captain of Nigeria, and he knows he must give 110% always. Those still bashing him after Rio, are just pure bad belle....nothing more to add. The game against Algeria will be difficult . Both teams are on par. Mikel is the most "EXPERIENCED" player we have , and bobo is the oldest( 29) we have small kids all over the pitch
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

pajimoh wrote:
1naija wrote:I see only one picture and I can't tell they are working HARD by looking at it.
You see how you dey take style shame ya sef? :tic: You know wetin next mean? Besides if the picture is not taken at mama calabar then they are working hard :taunt:
What if him computer no get next button?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE CAMP: STORMING Camp, Photos, Kele's Wonder Goal...(LO

Post by Enugu II »

Man City Iheanacho Scores Wonder Goal In Super Eagles Training Ahead Algeria Tie
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/08/ma ... geria-tie/

Manchester City Kelechi Iheanacho stole the evening session of the Super Eagles of Nigeria with a sublime goal that left goalkepper Daniel Akpeyi stranded.

Iheanacho one of the early comers to the camp of the team linked up well with Alex Iwobi and Moses Simon all through the session, and he capped it up with a beautiful lobbed effort which left Akpeyi stranded.

His brilliance in training was so clear even before his goal, and his link up play with close pal Alex Iwobi was simply breathtaking, as the duo combined in close areas where it looked like a pass wasn’t on.

The Manchester City 20 year old forward chipped Akpeyi from just outside the box, clearly taking advantage of the poor position of the Chippa United ace, who was called up as a replacement for the injured Carl Ikeme.

Nigerians will be hoping he reenact same when the Super Eagles take on Algeria in Uyo, just like he has done in the last two games of the team against Tanzania and Zambia respectively.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Please concentrate on the road.

Don't want you jamming motor trying to look picture... seeing as you need to extend your arm make the picture come into focus. :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Enugu II wrote:
Man City Iheanacho Scores Wonder Goal In Super Eagles Training Ahead Algeria Tie
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/08/ma ... geria-tie/

Manchester City Kelechi Iheanacho stole the evening session of the Super Eagles of Nigeria with a sublime goal that left goalkepper Daniel Akpeyi stranded.

Iheanacho one of the early comers to the camp of the team linked up well with Alex Iwobi and Moses Simon all through the session, and he capped it up with a beautiful lobbed effort which left Akpeyi stranded.

His brilliance in training was so clear even before his goal, and his link up play with close pal Alex Iwobi was simply breathtaking, as the duo combined in close areas where it looked like a pass wasn’t on.

The Manchester City 20 year old forward chipped Akpeyi from just outside the box, clearly taking advantage of the poor position of the Chippa United ace, who was called up as a replacement for the injured Carl Ikeme.

Nigerians will be hoping he reenact same when the Super Eagles take on Algeria in Uyo, just like he has done in the last two games of the team against Tanzania and Zambia respectively.
This should be a whole New thread
Oya back to the matter
open and close
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Super Eagles Get Backing From Vice President Of Nigeria To Beat Algeria

Super Eagles Get Backing From Vice President Of Nigeria To Beat AlgeriaAllnigeriasoccer.com understands that Vice President of Nigeria Oluyemi Osinbajo and Minister for Sports, Mr Solomon Dalung, were at the National Stadium in Abuja on Tuesday evening to witness the Super Eagles second training session.

After exchanging pleasantries with German manager Rohr and Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, the number two citizen of Nigeria motivated the players and told them that victory is imperative against Algeria.

The squad will continue preparations for the World Cup qualifier on Wednesday morning before their departure to Uyo.

As at Tuesday evening, only Standard Liege defender Elderson Echiejile was absent from the Bolton White Hotel camp of the national team.

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21013
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Iworo, abeg, can you not post stories from that site? I carry God beg you. :? :(

Meanwhile, kudos to our VP for encouraging the players and letting them know that the entire country is behind them. :thumbs: :thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Cellular wrote:Iworo, abeg, can you not post stories from that site? I carry God beg you. :? :(

Meanwhile, kudos to our VP for encouraging the players and letting them know that the entire country is behind them. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Why now?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Iworo, abeg make una dey try to resize picture before posting nah.
This page distortion is too much.
Its not that hard to do.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

See, under two minutes I don do am.

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote:See, under two minutes I don do am.

...no distractions needed, these boys scouts need to go do state affairs :roll: :roll: :roll:
obaGol
Egg
Egg

Post by obaGol »

pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

The Onazi to Ideye to Simon to Mikel to Nacho to Mikel to Ideye to Nacho move for the 2nd goal vs Zambia was just too sweet & shows the kind of impact Mike can have in the attack as well. He is still solid in the defensive midfield. I'd have Ogu on stanby from the 65th minute though, especially if Mikel has run a lot.

Mikel has matured. Money is no problem now and his focus is for national recognition. He's done everything at club level. He's now the leader of the pack.

If he brings his game face on match day then I expect him to lead from the front
Let's get this straight; Mikel is sick/injured and he hasn't played a minute of competitive soccer this season. And y'all want to give him an automatic shirt?
Because of seniority? Pity? Past accomplishments?

You guys really don't want to qualify.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

obaGol wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Let's get this straight; Mikel is sick/injured and he hasn't played a minute of competitive soccer this season. And y'all want to give him an automatic shirt?

And just where did you hear that Mikel was sick or injured?

The Chelsea coach prefers to play Kante & Matic ahead of him.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

^^^ ...and Chalobah and Fabregas and Loftus Cheek. Not even making the bench in cup games.

Only on CE will anyone argue for an automatic shirt for a player based on experience and that alone in a position where we have people playing weekly in Europe. They'll soon start pulling out fake stats like 50 tackles made soon in a match we all watched where Zambian players were zooming past him the few times he attempted to help defensively. We definitely should invite Ike Uche to the Eagles.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

niyi wrote:^^^ ...and Chalobah and Fabregas and Loftus Cheek. Not even making the bench in cup games.

Only on CE will anyone argue for an automatic shirt for a player based on experience and that alone in a position where we have people playing weekly in Europe. They'll soon start pulling out fake stats like 50 tackles made soon in a match we all watched where Zambian players were zooming past him the few times he attempted to help defensively. We definitely should invite Ike Uche to the Eagles.
Strictly going by his most recent performances for Nigeria in the Olympics & against Zambia.

He is not starting for his club, but that club is one of the most in-form clubs in world football at the moment, and the coach has made a decision to go with other players at his position. Mikel will be fine and playing in a top league in January, unless he makes the decision to pack it in & go to the MLS, which I doubt.

Right now, he is the captain & a stabilizing influence in the team. He is still the player that was one of Chelsea's top players under Guus Hiddink late last season, & he is still a world class midfielder that is actually now adding some interesting elements to his game. Even the coach has acknowledged that Mikel deserves an exception on his 'regular club football' rule, likely because of the reasons I outlined above.

If the Mikel of 2 years ago was starting for Nigeria, we would be shooting ourselves in the foot by benching this new improved version of Mikel who brings more to the table.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

truetalk wrote:
niyi wrote:^^^ ...and Chalobah and Fabregas and Loftus Cheek. Not even making the bench in cup games.

Strictly going by his most recent performances for Nigeria in the Olympics & against Zambia.

He is not starting for his club, but that club is one of the most in-form clubs in world football at the moment, and the coach has made a decision to go with other players at his position. Mikel will be fine and playing in a top league in January, unless he makes the decision to pack it in & go to the MLS, which I doubt.

Right now, he is the captain & a stabilizing influence in the team. He is still the player that was one of Chelsea's top players under Guus Hiddink late last season, & he is still a world class midfielder that is actually now adding some interesting elements to his game. Even the coach has acknowledged that Mikel deserves an exception on his 'regular club football' rule, likely because of the reasons I outlined above.

If the Mikel of 2 years ago was starting for Nigeria, we would be shooting ourselves in the foot by benching this new improved version of Mikel who brings more to the table.
KPOM, nothing to add! :clap: :clap:
I am happy
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

obaGol wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

So na which sickness Mikel dey suffer from, Contetitis? Which injury you think dey keep am from the field? No sooner Conte arrived, the first thing he sanctioned before any ball was kicked in anger is Mikel to the Olympics. Since Mikel got back he's not played for Chelsea but he played for Nigeria against Zambia.

Mikel is currently training with the SE as we speak.

So I ask again, which type sickness/injury you know dey worry Mikel?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

truetalk wrote:
obaGol wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

And just where did you hear that Mikel was sick or injured?

The Chelsea coach prefers to play Kante & Matic ahead of him.
Just watched the SE press conference. Rohr was asked about the Mikel not playing issue and if he is fit enough to play.
He replied Mikel is training fine and he is match fit. Said he is just being punished for going to the Olympics by Chelsea.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija