wow goal father

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
wow goal father

Post by skillful »

[/video]
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: wow goal father

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a legend , see goals..Carlos, Seedoorf and Capello( Manager) suffered for Yeking hand
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what a legend , see goals..Carlos, Seedoorf and Capello( Manager) suffered for Yeking hand
Amazingly awesome.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Rashidi Yekini. What a player.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Total legend.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Drogba try to copy his game from the Legend.
To think this guys were doing it coming from Africa to Europe with high racism is just amazing.
RIP the Legend.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Yekini was the perfect physical specimen of a striker. Tall, strong and fast. Osimhen reminds me of him.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

PROPER No 9. RIP
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

LEGEND.... RIP. A lot more work was definitely put into designing jerseys back then.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Goal King he was...
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Goal King he was...
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

An absolute beast in his prime. He had sheer pace, power and poise. We are yet to produce another so devastating. Once he controlled the ball off his chest, or off his thighs, every keeper knew what was going to be unleashed after that. The one true striker every soccer fan gets excited talking about decades on..

One of the top 10 in our football hall of fame.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

That is why I laugh when the likes of bushboy dare insult Yekini while shrining Ighalo. I support all our players, but that is pure madness.

Someone said Yekini is top 10 for our football. Well, at the moment, he stands undisputed at No 1.

Yekini was highest goal scorer just about everywhere (with unfancied clubs, I should add) he went for about a decade. Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Portugal. He was old by the time he got to Greece. It is however in the National team that Yekini made his mark.

He was feared in Africa & finally got us over the hump on so many fronts.

PS. I am talking from memory & not taking the time to research so permit me for any slight spelling & other errors

We had never produced an African footballer of the year . The likes of Raber Madjer, Belloumi Ladker, Badou Zaki, Abedi Pele, Yousofou Fofana, Rodger Miller who were in top European cups were dominating these awards & also punishing us when it came to World Cup qualifiers.

I think Keshi & Rufai were the 'best/most talented' players & the leaders of that generation (both came through about 3-4) years before Yekini, but each one was a headcase of some sort. Keshi with scattering camp & playing politics & Rufai was a mini Keshi & pretty much abandoned football for some years. Interestingly, the NFF at the time got tired of their wahala & banned them from the national league & team & that is how they went to Benin, Ivory Coast & eventually Belgium/France & the flood gates to Europe opened up.

Yekini evenutally followed their path, but he was the exact opposite. No time for politics or holding the NFF to ransom. He just wanted to play football. I guess in his 'Aboki' attitude, he was most grateful from being rescued from a life as a mechanic & everything else was a bonus.

When all the pros abandoned the team in the 1990 Nation's Cup, Yekini (& Ademola Adeshina) were there to drag an unfancied team of home based players all the way to the finals. I believe the gentle giant (my favorite SE defender of all time) also made his Nation's cup debut in that tournament.

Before 1993 (qualifiers) the World Cup was an impossible barrier to cross. Until Yekini took matters into his hand & brutalized (I can't think of a better word) Algeria & Ivory Coast.

Maybe Keshi felt he should have been more supportive in the clique wars & holding NFF to ransom, but Yekini just wanted to play ball & thought it was a privilege to. I'm not saying Yekini was right, BTW, especially as the attitude of not caring too much about his financial affairs may have resulted in all the stories about his mum not having a lot to live on.

By 1993-94, Yekini was by far the most important player in the team & his reluctance to join the NFF war meant that decision was taken to starve him on field. Fingers point to Keshi, but maybe insiders here can tell us who was to blame. A number of players were pretty much saying openly that 'some people' don't realize that everything they achieve is because of the support of other players.

He had a poor 94 World Cup no doubt, but it was more due to off the field issues that Westerhort failed to resolve, & we would never have been anywhere near the World Cup without him

That is why I laugh when the likes of Kanu (I don't think he has a Nation's Cup goal) are mentioned with Yekini in Nigerian football rankings. Bushboy dares mention the likes of Ighalo without stuffing all those works back down his throat.

RIP to Nigeria's first African footballer of the year, & for the moment, Nigeria's greatest ever player
Last edited by truetalk on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ogasir wrote:Yekini was the perfect physical specimen of a striker. Tall, strong and fast. Osimhen reminds me of him.
I doubt Osimhen will achieve the musculature and physical strength that Yekini did.
Osimhen is more a lean machine. He has more in common physically with Kanu than Yekini.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

truetalk wrote:That is why I laugh when the likes of bushboy dare insult Yekini while shrining Ighalo. I support all our players, but that is pure madness.

Someone said Yekini is top 10 for our football. Well, at the moment, he stands undisputed at No 1.

Yekini was highest goal scorer in just about everywhere (with unfancied clubs, I should add) he went for about a decade. Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Portugal. He was old by the time he got to Greece. It is however in the National team that Yekini made his mark.

He was feared in Africa & finally got us over the hump on so many fronts.

PS. I am talking from memory & not taking the time to research so permit me for any slight spelling & other errors

We had never produced an African footballer of the year . The likes of Raber, Madjer, Belloumi Ladker, Badou Zaki, Abedi Pele, Yousofou Fofana, Rodger Miller who were in top European cups were dominating these awards & also punishing us when it came to World Cup qualifiers.

I think Keshi & Rufai were the 'best/most talented' players & the leaders of that generation (both came through about 3-4) years before Yekini, but each one was a headcase of some sort. Keshi with scattering camp & playing politics & Rufai was a mini Keshi & pretty much abandoned football for some years. Interestingly, the NFF at the time got tired of their wahala & banned them from the national league & team & that is how they went to Benin, Ivory Coast & eventually Belgium/France & the flood gates to Europe opened up.

Yekini evenutally followed their path, but he was the exact opposite. No time for politics or holding the NFF to ransom. He just wanted to play football. I guess in his 'Aboki' attitude, he was most grateful from being rescued from a life as a mechanic & everything else was a bonus.

When all the pros abandoned the team in the 1990 Nation's Cup, Yekini (& Ademola Adeshina) were there to drag an unfancied team of home based players all the way to the finals. I believe the gentle giant (my favorite SE defender of all time) also made his Nation's cup debut in that tournament.

Before 1993 (qualifiers) the World Cup was an impossible barrier to cross. Until Yekini took matters into his hand & brutalized (I can't think of a better word) Algeria & Ivory Coast.

Maybe Keshi felt he should have been more supportive in the clique wars & holding NFF to ransom, but Yekini just wanted to play ball & thought it was a privilege to. I'm not saying Yekini was right, BTW, especially as the attitude of not caring too much about his financial affairs may have resulted in all the stories about his mum not having a lot to live on.

By 1993-94, Yekini was by far the most important player in the team & his reluctance to join the NFF war meant that decision was taken to starve him on field. Fingers point to Keshi, but maybe insiders here can tell us who was to blame. A number of players were pretty much saying openly that 'some people' don't realize that everything they achieve is because of the support of other players.

He had a poor 94 World Cup no doubt, but it was more due to off the filed issues that Westerhort failed to resolve, & we would never have been anywhere near the World Cup without him

That is why I laugh when the likes of Kanu (I don't think he has a Nation's Cup goal) are mentioned with Yekini in Nigerian football rankings. Bushboy dares mention the likes of Ighalo without stuffing all those works back down his throat.

RIP to Nigeria's first African footballer of the year, & for the moment, Nigeria's greatest ever player
:thumbs: :thumbs:
I concur on your tribute to the goalsfather. Indeed, some of us saw him live when coach Festus Adegboye Onigbinde brought him raw and naive down from UNTL Kaduna to IICC Shotting Stars. Watching him at Liberty Stadium and then later at Asero Stadium in Abeokuta was a major thrill.

When the truly magical mathematical Segun Odegbami (my greatest Nigerian footballer of all time) came out of retirement in 1984 to partner with the young Rasheed Yekini, they ripped too many teams apart. If I could freeze any moment in Nigerian club football it will be that season.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

I was lucky enough to watch him live playing for sports of Abidjan........Such a beast.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Simply unforgettable! A true legend.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

[/video]

You can just imagine Keshi & the rest saying 'WTF is wrong with this Aboki?' as they try to hold NFF to ransom in camp.

Although, Oliseh gets the pass here when talking of past SE troublemakers. He single handedly cancelled a friendly vs Egypt.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Damunk wrote:
ogasir wrote:Yekini was the perfect physical specimen of a striker. Tall, strong and fast. Osimhen reminds me of him.
I doubt Osimhen will achieve the musculature and physical strength that Yekini did.
Osimhen is more a lean machine. He has more in common physically with Kanu than Yekini.
True. The only other young player with similar physical traits is Awoniyi, but unfortunately his finishing is not Yekini-esqe
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Baba Ye-King! Rest in peace, fallen hero.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Yekini was highest goal scorer just about everywhere (with unfancied clubs, I should add) :clap: :clap: he went for about a decade. Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Portugal. He was old by the time he got to Greece. It is however in the National team that Yekini made his mark.
Thank you.......Sir. Great post. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Yeking was da Man :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

RIP to goals father simply the best.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I shudder to think of how succesful he would have been if he had hit europe earlier. Yekini was the ultimate striker, just as a throughbred horse is bred simply to race, Yekini was built to strike. The built,the missiles everything was perfect for him to terrorise the opposing defenders and keepers.....
As far as i am concerned the best goal i saw hom score was the one while in the colors of Abiola babes...he smashed a shot from about 40yards..while many would stand and admire the beauty of their strike, Yekini kept running and when the Ivorien keeper found the ball too hot to handle he dropped it....guess who smashed the ball into the net....yes Yeking! Rip goal father..it was sheer joy watching you play.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho