IF KANUOTE EMERGES THE GOLDEN BOOT WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
IF KANUOTE EMERGES THE GOLDEN BOOT WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT

Post by ugly boy »

Does this say about the quality of african strikers?

He's never been capped at the senior level by france and if he lights up the tournament what does this do for the image of african strikers? Does this mean the likes of JAG, ETO AND DIOUF are overrated because they are from africa?
These are the questions that will be asked. We all know that of late the likes of Yekini, Weah, Ikpeba, Milla, Amuneke are no longer being produced.. I watched an old clip of yekini in 94 this weekend and I must say FORUMITES don chop craze to compare this man to JAG....there level no even be the same....If jag were around in 94 or even 98 i'm sorry but I aint sure he would make the team...with the likes of Ikpeba, Amuneke, Kanu and Yekini lurking ....he won't have played the right either cause Finidi had that on lock....

Is there sincerely a decline in the quality of strikers coming out of africa today?

My take on it is "YES" and "NO"....Africa is producing more quality strikers these days than ever before but we are not producing the outstanding strikers of old.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Guys imagine Kanuote winning the APOY next year or two years from now......and the french saying he couldn't even sit on their reserves ..
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Ugly boy chineke bless ya uglyness!JAG will never in his life time smeel Yekini's boot.Its people that started watching the ANC in 2000 that has insulted Yekini's intergrity.Africa has good strikers and Kanoute himself is not a bad foward.There are a couple of players on France's national team that dont deserve a spot but they have been playing for years.If Kanoute played for France he might have equally done well.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

that aint going to happen.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

omey2k4 wrote:Ugly boy chineke bless ya uglyness!JAG will never in his life time smeel Yekini's boot.Its people that started watching the ANC in 2000 that has insulted Yekini's intergrity.Africa has good strikers and Kanoute himself is not a bad foward.There are a couple of players on France's national team that dont deserve a spot but they have been playing for years.If Kanoute played for France he might have equally done well.
true true....I no fit even believe say we dey argue on this forum about JAG and Yekini....kai!!!! Yekini that used to blast 100 miles an hour free kick on target...Yekini that needed only one touch to score...no be the same Jag waste chances against england ...trying to dribbe....Yekini was a business man...he did the business on the field no time for games...IMHO YEKINI never got what he deserved in football...This guy to me could have gone as far as George weah..the guy just got discovered late ...he was 30 when he won nations cup....
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Sorry Yekini better that Aghahowa??? are you kidding me-this man is the best striker to have come out from Nigeria in the last 20 years and this is no understatement,back in the days,African football was so naive,poor defending,yekini had a field day-not taking any credit away from this great striker,but Aghahowa is a natural finisher,scores with both feet,good in the air,when yekini went to the world cup,he only managed to score once,Aghahowa will definitely finish the top striker depending on how far we reach in the competition
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

marko wrote:Sorry Yekini better that Aghahowa??? are you kidding me-this man is the best striker to have come out from Nigeria in the last 20 years and this is no understatement,back in the days,African football was so naive,poor defending,yekini had a field day-not taking any credit away from this great striker,but Aghahowa is a natural finisher,scores with both feet,good in the air,when yekini went to the world cup,he only managed to score once,Aghahowa will definitely finish the top striker depending on how far we reach in the competition
and how many did ur great jag score as well....Yekini led the line and was rough handled by defenders in a day and age when Soccer was a rougher sport..please open your eyes watch some old tapes to compare Yekini with JAG is a travesty :shock: :roll:
Fourteen
Egg
Egg
Re: IF KANUOTE EMERGES THE GOLDEN BOOT WHAT DOES THIS SAY AB

Post by Fourteen »

The only thing that kanoute winning the golden boot would say is that France missed out on a very good striker. Full stop and period.

ugly boy wrote:Does this say about the quality of african strikers?

He's never been capped at the senior level by france and if he lights up the tournament what does this do for the image of african strikers? Does this mean the likes of JAG, ETO AND DIOUF are overrated because they are from africa?
These are the questions that will be asked. We all know that of late the likes of Yekini, Weah, Ikpeba, Milla, Amuneke are no longer being produced.. I watched an old clip of yekini in 94 this weekend and I must say FORUMITES don chop craze to compare this man to JAG....there level no even be the same....If jag were around in 94 or even 98 i'm sorry but I aint sure he would make the team...with the likes of Ikpeba, Amuneke, Kanu and Yekini lurking ....he won't have played the right either cause Finidi had that on lock....

Is there sincerely a decline in the quality of strikers coming out of africa today?

My take on it is "YES" and "NO"....Africa is producing more quality strikers these days than ever before but we are not producing the outstanding strikers of old.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Marko no offence but when did u start watching Nigerian football be honest.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Comparing Yekini and JAG is apples to oranges. One was a 6'1 or 6'2" targetman with strength, the other is a 5'9" lightweight speedster. You really think you can reasonably compare these two guys? You might as well start trying to tell me how to compare Viera and Zidane in midfield.

As for Kanoute, he SHOULD have been capped for France a fee times by now. If Marlet, Gouvou, Lygndula etc are getting caps, Kanoute is every much as fast and deadly as those guys - and he offers a target-man dimention that they dont.

But Kanoute wont be top scorer in this torunament. I think he'll be crocked pretty soon. I'll be very shocked if he remains fit to play in every game pf this torunament, given the type of tackling that he will face
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

well aghahowa will break yekini record in the next couple of years
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Ziontrain wrote:Comparing Yekini and JAG is apples to oranges. One was a 6'1 or 6'2" targetman with strength, the other is a 5'9" lightweight speedster. You really think you can reasonably compare these two guys? You might as well start trying to tell me how to compare Viera and Zidane in midfield.

As for Kanoute, he SHOULD have been capped for France a fee times by now. If Marlet, Gouvou, Lygndula etc are getting caps, Kanoute is every much as fast and deadly as those guys - and he offers a target-man dimention that they dont.

But Kanoute wont be top scorer in this torunament. I think he'll be crocked pretty soon. I'll be very shocked if he remains fit to play in every game pf this torunament, given the type of tackling that he will face
true true about the differences between yekini and Jag but i'll take Yekini before Jag anyday....Yekini also had the speed not as fast as Jag but he was very pacy as well.....

On kanuote...Yeah I fell he's good enuff to be on the bench for France but France is probably one of the deepest country in talent except for maybe Brazil but I honestly believe it's disputable....It's very easy for any player to be frozen out of the french equation except ur henry or zidane most other players have very capable replacements....
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

marko wrote:well aghahowa will break yekini record in the next couple of years
if we went to anc in 96 aghahowa won't be smelling yekini's arse
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Does this say about the quality of african strikers?

He's African isn't he?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

If Kanoute wins it , it means he is truly African pure and simple. And i will be happy for him, it means he made the right decision.
Kai brothers even in the moment of this guy's glory we are still trying to bellitle ourself. Let Oyinbo think any how, As far as i am concerned it simply means he is very much at home in Africa.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

He could have had a hattrick today.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

well, one thing is a fact...when you see old eagles' games: Yekini-Amokachi-Finidi-Amunike-Mutiu, plus Ikpeba, Oliseh and Siasia, you will realize that our current crop are nowhere near those guys.

God just blessed us with those guys o, chei.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Don't you mean "What does this say about African defenders??"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Kanoute like it said previously is better than the likes of Marlet, Govou, Luyindula, whom have all made debuts for France. Its not a detriment to African strikers if he becomes top goal scorer. Its France's loss.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

That is a valid point France could have overlooked him or he could be playing down in comp. I guess we don't know right now
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Guv007 wrote:Does this say about the quality of african strikers?

He's African isn't he?
My sentiments exactly!
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

The reason no Nigerian will win the golden boot is because since Yekini, we have been scoring by committe. We have very good attacking mid fielders, so we tend to get a lot of goals from these guys. This is actually what makes Nigeria a very dangerous team to play because we have at least 8 guys on the field that can score. Also, our penalties are ususally taken by Okocha. Most of the other teams have their main striker taking the penalties.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
akidi
Egg
Egg

Post by akidi »

Kanoute is African, so nothing spoil...
GUNNAS 4 LIFE BBBAAABBBYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We thought Obasi was the best player to play and that was the reason. I thought he did a very good first half but he got tired in the second half but he lived up to the expectation I had on him," Lagerback explaining why he started Obasi over Osaze...

Ol boy, Lagerbagger is suffering from acute malaria oooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!