2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Re: 2017 Nigerian Premier League - Pre-Season gists

Post by Toxicarrow »

The league will start in January. Here is fixture for week 1:

3SC HOSTS LOBI AGAIN...2016/17 OPENER..
#NPFL 2016-17 Week 1 Fixtures:

Enyimba Int'l vs Sunshine Stars

MFM FC vs Niger Tornadoes

Rangers Int'l vs Abia Warriors

Kano Pillars vs FC Ifeanyi Ubah

Wikki Tourists vs Nasarawa United

Shooting Stars vs Lobi Stars

ABS FC vs Akwa United

Remo Stars vs Plateau United

Rivers United vs El-kanemi Warriors

Kastina United vs Gombe United

Source: Official3sc
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:ukwala,

Who are the new players recruited by Rangers beyond Charles Henlong?
The other new players unveiled during the super 4 competition are Bright Silas (ex-Plateau Utd), Fortune Omoniwari and Afeez Awakan (ex-Akwa Utd).
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala wrote:

The other new players unveiled during the super 4 competition are Bright Silas (ex-Plateau Utd), Fortune Omoniwari and Afeez Awakan (ex-Akwa Utd).

The Omoniwari addition is valuable as he scores quite a lot and they would need him especially with Egbuchulam likely headed overseas. Both Henlong and Silas have previously received invitations to home based SE.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:
ukwala wrote:

The Omoniwari addition is valuable as he scores quite a lot and they would need him especially with Egbuchulam likely headed overseas. Both Henlong and Silas have previously received invitations to home based SE.
I kinda like Silas. He is a lively winger/wide midfielder who pops up in dangerous positions though his finishing leaves much to be desired. Let's see if they sign a solid central defender, and a pure striker to compete with Bobby Clement.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Going into the continent, Rangers only worry seems to be experience.

The Super 4 showed there is yet some miles to go in Game Management.
Tournament is different from League. Being unbeaten does not necessarily translate to winning a tournament.
One goal up, needing any sort of victory against FC Ifeanyi Ubah, Rangers failed to close out the game.

Yet, the squad seems to be populated with a decent mix of:
a)Physique (Christian Madu, Bobby Clement, The 3 CD's, Omoniwari)
b)Pace (Osas Okoro, Egbuchulam, Aguda, Ochom, Silas)
c)Technique (Nwobodo, Okolie, Etim)

But does Coach Imama have sufficient time to blend the above into some decent tactical formation before the start of the Champions League?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:Going into the continent, Rangers only worry seems to be experience.

The Super 4 showed there is yet some miles to go in Game Management.
Tournament is different from League. Being unbeaten does not necessarily translate to winning a tournament.
One goal up, needing any sort of victory against FC Ifeanyi Ubah, Rangers failed to close out the game.

Yet, the squad seems to be populated with a decent mix of:
a)Physique (Christian Madu, Bobby Clement, The 3 CD's, Omoniwari)
b)Pace (Osas Okoro, Egbuchulam, Aguda, Ochom, Silas)
c)Technique (Nwobodo, Okolie, Etim)

But does Coach Imama have sufficient time to blend the above into some decent tactical formation before the start of the Champions League?
Father Tiko,

Thanks for your brief analysis of the personnel. For me the opening rounds of the ACL (before the league phase) is all about the schedule. Hopefully, Rangers do not get a schedule against teams from countries that have a strong history in the competition at least before the league phase. As I understand it, there will be 16 teams in the league phase for the first time. That may mean less games before the league phase.

Rangers appear to concede a lot and that has to be a focus before the league phase because conceding at home puts you at a serious disadvantage where away goals are doubled in the rule book. Additionally, with some of their players likely to depart in January, it will be a challenge to replace them.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Clip and discussion of Villareal vs. Rivers United at 1:15
Clip and discussion of Nigerian clubs unveiling their jerseys for the 2017 season at 3:30

[/video]

PS: I like that it is a Nigerian company supplying the kits.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Nigeria Professional Football League Gaffers

1. Wikki Tourists - Baba Ganaru
2. FC Ifeanyi Ubah - ???
3. Kano Pillars - Kadiri Ikhana
4. Plateau United - Kenedy Boboye
5. Enyimba FC - Gbenga Ogunbote
6. Abia Warriors - Felix Okey Emordi
7. Akwa Utd - Abdul Maikaba
8. Shooting Stars - Fatai Amoo
9. Katsina United - Bala Nkiyu
10. MFM- Fidelis Ilechukwu
11. Niger Tornadoes- Bala Abubakar
12. Nasarawa United - Kabiru Dogo
13. Elkanemi Warriors - Isa Ladan Bosso
14. Lobi Stars - Godwin Koko Uwua
15. Gombe United - Manu Garba
16. Remo Stars - Nduka Ugbade
17. Enugu Rangers - Imama Amakpakabo
18. Rivers United - Stanley Eguma
19. Sunshine Stars - Kayode Olujohungbe
20. ABS - Henry Makinwa

Source: Adepoju Tobi
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Rangers ace Etim Matthew signs new deal after pay row
https://mtnfootball.com/news/672814/Ran ... er-pay-row
by BackPageTXT
Tuesday Dec 20, 2016. 13:33

Rangers assistant captain Etim Matthew has extended his contract at the Nigeria champions after a pay row was resolved.

The fullback had earlier spurned the initial offer Rangers made to him, threatening to take up more tempting offers.

“I have finally renewed my contract with Rangers after we agreed my personal terms,” he disclosed.

“The new offer was acceptable to both parties. I am much happier now.

“I was ready to walk out on the club if they had failed to meet my terms not minding the fact that they will feature in the CAF Champions League next year.”

He has featured for Nigeria at the 2016 CHAN as well as for the NPFL All-Stars on a recent playing tour of Spain.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Rangers declare Chisom Egbuchulam Awol
Post on: December 21, 2016
Taye Adigun

Board of Rangers International Football Club Enugu has declared Her star player, Chisom Egbuchulam Awol.

A statement by the Director Media and Public Relations of Rangers Fc, Foster Chime, said the Board’s position is that the Tunisian club, Etoile Sportive Du Sahel has illegally poachedRangers Fc player, Chisom Egbuchulam and Rangers FC have not agreed any terms with Etoile Sportive Du Sahel.

Rangers Fc did not give any official permission to Chisom Egbuchulam to travel to Tunisia or approval to leave his primary area of assignment.

Rangers Fc officially received letter of interest on Chisom Egbuchulam which was replied and communicated to Etoile Sportive Du Sahel accordingly.

The club maintains that Chisom Egbuchulam can only be transferred for a fee of five hundred thousand dollars and still remains bonafide Rangers player till January, 2018. Rangers board also warns, other interested clubs including Etoile Sportive Du Sahel to steer clear of their player, Chisom Egbuchulam, but should open appropriate official.

Communications channels with Rangers Fc if interested in the player rather than circumventing the extant and stipulated NFF, CAF and FIFA rules to Poach our player.

Rangers Intl FC Enugu have already officially communicated NFF, CAF and FIFA on the stealing/poaching of their player, Chisom Egbuchulam by Etoile Sportive Du Sahel of Tunisia, and warned that the club is ready to invoke all means at its disposal to protect her player from this unwanton act.

http://felele247.com.ng/2016/12/21/rang ... ulam-awol/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Agent drags Ifeanyi Ubah Bulgarian coach Dobrev to FIFA over contract breach
https://mtnfootball.com/news/673951/Age ... act-breach
Monday Dec 26, 2016. 13:20

The agent of FC Ifeanyi Ubah coach Mitko Dobrev has threatened to drag the Bulgarian coach to FIFA for sidelining him on his return to Nigeria even though he still has a contract with him till 2019.

Geoffrey Aghogi said Dobrev, who he first brought to Nigeria in 2007 and then to Ifeanyi Ubah in 2015, has so far refused to pay him agreed commissions after he returned to work with Ifeanyi Ubah this year.

The agent alleged that Dobrev has now hired his personal driver as his agent even though he has a contract with him.

“I have a contract with coach Mitko Dobrev, which was signed by both parties, and runs till 2019.

“If he fails to honour this contract I will take the matter to FIFA."

“Dobrev has now engaged the services of his driver as his agent, secretary and adviser,” he further claimed.

“When I called him recently, he told me he will discuss our issue with his secretary, before he will pay me. When he called me, he gave his driver the phone to talk to me.

“The driver introduced himself as Victor, secretary to coach Dobrev, but during our conversation I noticed from his voice that it is Papa, his driver, who was talking with me. He later affirmed that he was the one talking, that he's in charge of anything concerning Dobrev now.”

Aghogi further alleged that Ifeanyi Ubah set him up against his client after he lodged a petition to the League Management Company (LMC) over the severance package for Dobrev after his first spell at the Nnewi club.

“In October last year, my client called me from Bulgaria to inform me that the chairman of FC Ifeanyi Ubah Chukwuma Ubah called him and appealed to him to come back to the team by the next season,” he recalled.

“Dobrev told the chairman to get in touch with his Nigerian agent (Geoffrey Aghogi), but the chairman told him he doesn't want to deal with his agent, that the Bulgarian should get someone else to represent him, instead of his agent.

"The management of this club has been angry with me because, I wrote a petition to the L.MC asking for the full entitlements of my client who was sacked last year.

“The coach later told me that it was the owner/president of the FC Ifeanyi Ubah who called him and pleaded with him to come back to the team.

“He went further to reveal that the club president told him not to inform me that he's coming back to the team. That he doesn't want his agent (Geoffrey Aghogi) to be involved in anything.

“He told me that top hierarchy of the club has told him to part company with me and he was also warned not to seen with his agent within the period he is with them.

“He pleaded with me not to visit, so that he would not be sacked as he's desperate to get a new job.

“He promised to pay me our agreed contract fees from the month of March, once he started receiving his salary or sign-on fee.

“He has refused to pay me what is due to me since our last meeting.”

The agent has since reached out to an official of the club Jonathan Igwe, who told him Dobrev does not have any contract or agreement with him.

Igwe said Dobrev told them he got this job on his own because it wasn`t his agent, who brokered his second spell with the club, rather it was the club president who asked him to come and work for him.

Igwe added Dobrev recommended one Alexander Minovski, a Bulgarian who is based in UK, as his new agent.

Aghogi said the Alexander in question is really not an agent but a family friend, who acts like an adviser to him because he speaks fluent English.

The agent has also tried to reach the club president Ifeanyi Ubah via text messages, but he has not got any response.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Toxicarrow wrote:
A line-up of unknown and underwhelming performers - and I dont mean just 3SC! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Dem go hia wen! :thumbs:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Toxic,

Is that not Taiwo Ogunjobi on the left in the photo?
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Enugu II wrote:Toxic,

Is that not Taiwo Ogunjobi on the left in the photo?
Yes, that's Taiwo Ogunjobi. He is the chairman of the club
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Toxicarrow wrote:
Strange thing is, I will like to hear Duke talk about discipline to his players! :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:
Toxicarrow wrote:
Strange thing is, I will like to hear Duke talk about discipline to his players! :lol:
:rotf: :rotf:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Good promo :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
[/video]
ukwala
Egg