2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Post by Toxicarrow »

Eight teams with new coaches.

1. Wikki Tourists - Baba Ganaru.

2. FC Ifeanyi Ubah - Kenichi Yatsuhashi.

3. Kano Pillars - Kadiri Ikhana.

4. Plateau Utd - Kenedy Boboye.

5. Enyimba Int'l - Gbenga Ogunbote.

6. Abia Warriors - Okey Emordi.

7. Akwa Utd - Abdu Maikaba.

8. Shooting Stars - Fatai Amoo.
source: @oganlamedia
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2016 Nigerian Premier League.- Rangers Int of Enugu CHAM

Post by Enugu II »

Toxicarrow wrote:Eight teams with new coaches.

1. Wikki Tourists - Baba Ganaru.

2. FC Ifeanyi Ubah - Kenichi Yatsuhashi.

3. Kano Pillars - Kadiri Ikhana.

4. Plateau Utd - Kenedy Boboye.

5. Enyimba Int'l - Gbenga Ogunbote.

6. Abia Warriors - Okey Emordi.

7. Akwa Utd - Abdu Maikaba.

8. Shooting Stars - Fatai Amoo.
source: @oganlamedia
Bala Nikyu will coach Katsina United and Manu Garba will coach Gombe United.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: 2017 Nigerian Premier League - Pre-Season gists

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Ikana at Kano( them go win the league) also the Coach FC Ubah hired struggled in ghana last season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

So Ogunbote don comot again...Shooting don enter abula soup.....pre-season relegation battle on.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Prior reports listed Rangers as one of the participants, but they seem to have dropped out. In a different report, Pillars revealed they had had a chance to play a tournament in Ghana, but chose instead to defend their pre-season trophy from last year.
Gold Cup: Enyimba, Pillars, Lobi, to light up Ijebu-Ode
14th Nov 2016 11:14 am Adekunle Qazeem

All is set for the fourth edition of Gold Cup Pre-Season Tournament as clubs have confirmed their participation.

Last year finalists Kano Pillars and Supreme Court will engage eight other clubs in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), Nigeria National League (NNL) and Nationwide League One (NLO) in a 10-Day soccer fiesta.

The championship which would take place at the Otunba Dipo Dina International Stadium, Ijebu Ode between November 25 and December 4, will feature Kano Pillars, Enyimba Int’l FC of Aba, Niger Tornadoes of Minna, MFM FC of Lagos, Sunshine Stars of Akure, FC Ebedei of Sagamu, Remo Stars, Crown FC of Ogbomosho, Supreme Court FC of Abuja and Lobi Stars FC of Makurdi.

According to the General Coordinator of the tournament, Tunde Shamsudeen, said grouping of the ten teams have been made as thus; Group A Kano Pillars, FC Ebedei, MFM FC, Niger Tornadoes and Sunshine Stars. While Group B drawn Enyimba Int’l FC, Crown FC, Lobi Stars, Supreme Court and Remo Stars.

He noted that the teams are expected to play 4 group matches with the first two teams with highest number of points qualify for the semi-finals.

"The tournament will be of high level and is basically to ignite the spirit of the game and to also help the teams test their players before the league season proper," Shamsudeen said.

There is a giant befitting trophy, cash prize, Gold and Silver medals for the winner courtesy of Senator Dr. Abdulfatai Buhari, a trophy for the runners up donated by NFF Executive Board Member, Ahmed Yusuf Fresh, plaques for the Top Scorer and MVP by Naija League Magazine, and the two finalist will be entitle to brand new jerseys courtesy of OWU Sportswear Venture.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Udoji bids goodbye to Enyimba fans

 15th Nov 2016  11:18 am  Adepoju Tobi

Enyimba International captain, Chinedu Udoji may have played his last football season for the Two-time African champions in the NPFL 2015-16 season as speculation linking him to Kano Pillars grows.

Udoji was spotted in Kano on Monday evening after bidding farewell to Enyimba players and fans.

The Enyimba captain who worked with Kadiri Ikhana when he was in charge at Enyimba may reunite with the gaffer in Kano Pillars.

Udoji who joined Enyimba from FC Abuja in 2010 said his farewells on his official social media account to the club fans after a tremendous six years in Aba.

"I have had many things about me leaving Enyimba, I made a promise to
myself when I was named the captain of the club that any season I failed to
win a title I will leave the club, it was a self challenge to ensure we win a title every season.

"I don't have any bad memories with the club, I had an amazing six years of football with joy and pleasant memories. I appreciate the club for the opportunity given to me, the fans and all the coaches I worked with it.

"I came to Enyimba as a minor and today with God's grace I am a big name in the NPFL, all thanks to Enyimba fans and the management. Change is constant
in life, its the right time to move on and embrace a fresh challenge, I will miss Enyimba.

"The decision was very hard for me to make but I would like to gain experience at a new club. I haven't signed for Kano Pillars, a lot of speculation about my future. However, I won't be at Enyimba next season, it was a self decision to keep to my promise," said Udoji.

Udoji became Enyimba captain in 2013, three seasons after he joined the Eastern side. He won nine titles at Enyimba between 2010 and 2016, five of the titles as captain of the team.
http://naijafootballplus.com/home/news/ ... yimba-fans
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Players' movement
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Amoo's first training session
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Udoji explains Pillars’ decision
by Humphrey Njoku 16 November 2016, 12:38
http://www.supersport.com/football/nige ... s_decision

Chinedu Udoji has said Enyimba’s chairman single-handedly fuelled the tough decision to switch club allegiance to former Nigerian champions, Kano Pillars.

The Enyimba captain and strongman has almost concluded talk to star for the Pyramid City side in the upcoming top-flight.

Udoji said the two-time African champions made him what he is in the football circle but blaming him for the poor form of the side in the immediate past season is too bitter and unfair for him to take.

“I felt it was a personal slap on me as captain that we did not win any trophy or continental ticket in the out gone football season which we have always done in the past.

“Already I have started planning on how we will correct the mistakes that saw us end the season without trophy when I heard the news of what the chairman wants to do to some players he deemed to have stayed too long in the team.

“For the chairman to invent this idea that I have stayed too long in the club as well as blame me for the poor performance of the club in the out gone season showed I’m no longer wanted in the team.

“Agreed we did not do well in the past season but the chairman’s approach in casting aspersion on some players is equally wrong to instil confidence in the players to fight harder in the coming season.

“In all these the chairman never took me into confidence, called or invited me as captain to discuss or review the event of the past season.

“These are the factors that immediately triggered my decision to switch loyalty to former champions, Kano Pillars.

“I have not yet signed for Pillars but we have concluded discussion only waiting for the contract papers to endorse so I can comfortably say I’m 95% Pillars’ player.

“The decision to leave Enyimba was not premeditated or based on ill-feeling as what was uppermost on my mind is how to bring back the side to win trophy and return to the continent in the coming season.

“I never wanted to leave Enyimba to any other Nigerian side but to head outside the nation’s shores to continue with my trade but for the sudden untoward plan of the chairman.

“Enyimba made me what I am today without Enyimba there is nothing like Udoji but it’s wrong for anybody to blame me for the misfortune of the side.

“Last season some new players were brought into the team who actually earned more than me but I did not complain as far as they will add value to the team.

“I’m not a greedy person I carried on as if nothing happened to give my very best to the team so why turn around when things went amiss to complain that some players have stayed too long in the team.

“I’m not a bad influence to the players as nobody could accuse me to take alcohol, womanise or indulge in other bad acts. I respect myself, I’m ambitious and I know exactly what I want.

“I have been the best defender in the past three seasons, I have won seven major trophies including FA Cup in the past seven seasons I deserved some respects from the chairman when certain decisions are about to be taken.

“It’s common knowledge that the level of indiscipline in the team last season was unheard of in the history of the club.

“Indiscipline contributed to 100% of the team failure aside other issues bordering on poor motivation. For once we were owed 21-match bonuses and three-month salaries and when players asked to be paid the chairman took offence.

“If not that God intervened and showered us with his grace Enyimba would have gone on relegation at the end of the season,” said Udoji to supersport.com.

Udoji warned that if the indiscipline that ruined the side campaign last season is not addressed the team will continue to falter in the land.

“Indiscipline as solely responsible for the team’s poor performance in the out gone season and if the team must move forward in the coming season the cankerworm called indiscipline must be addressed,” said Udoji.

The People’s Elephant finished the out gone Nigerian top-flight on the ninth position on 50 points 13 behind oriental neighbours and winners, Enugu Rangers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Updated news on 3SC's technical crew:

Shooting Stars Sporting Club's technical Crew:

Fatai Amoo - Head of the Technical Crew.

Edith Agoye - Chief Coach.

Kabiru Alausa - Assistant Coach 1.

Sodiq Dabiri - Assistant Coach 2.

Lateef Yusuf - Goalkeeper Trainer.

CREDIT: Adepoju Tobi

NOTE: Agoye, Alausa and Yusuf were past players of 3SC.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

SUPER 4 is on
RANGERS 2:0 RIVERS UTD
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ukwala,

Who are the new players recruited by Rangers beyond Charles Henlong?
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Enugu II wrote:ukwala,

EII, unfortunately I don't know. There has been no public announcement of their new hires and the Charles Henlong I only knew yesterday because he was in the match squad!! In the fullness of time, we will know :smile:
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

ukwala wrote:

EII, unfortunately I don't know. There has been no public announcement of their new hires and the Charles Henlong I only knew yesterday because he was in the match squad!! In the fullness of time, we will know :smile:
Rangers only need upgrade their central defence...that is the weak link in the Starting XI...
The rest of the Starting XI is pretty decent.
A couple squad players should put the team in good shape for the next season
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
ukwala wrote:

Rangers only need upgrade their central defence...that is the weak link in the Starting XI...
The rest of the Starting XI is pretty decent.
A couple squad players should put the team in good shape for the next season
Another new signing is playing today; Bright Silas from Plateau United.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »