2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017 Nigerian Premier League

Post by YemiBrazil »

Wey league table make I check current bottom 4 for this week :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

YemiBrazil wrote:Wey league table make I check current bottom 4 :mrgreen:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Make Rangers' crew no catch you ooo!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Enugu II wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I already edit it to this week o - but this relegation battle is sweet and looks like Rangers are favorites to win the ticket to Division 2 at the expense of Shooting.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Enugu II wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Latest Results:

8 home wins, 1 draw, 1 away win.
8 of the 10 visiting failed to score, while only 2 home teams failed to score.

Sunday, 16.07.2017 - 29. Matchday

16:00 h ABS ABS 0 - 0 Rivers United FC Rivers United FC
16:00 h MFM FC 1 - 0 Wikki Tourists Wikki Tourists
16:00 h Kano Pillars Kano Pillars 2 - 0 Rangers International FC Rangers International FC
16:00 h Shooting Stars Shooting Stars 1 - 0 Katsina Utd Katsina Utd
16:00 h Lobi Stars FC Lobi Stars FC 3 - 2 Remo Stars Remo Stars
16:00 h FC IfeanyiUbah FC IfeanyiUbah 1 - 0 Enyimba International FC Enyimba International FC
16:00 h Niger Tornadoes Niger Tornadoes 1 - 0 Plateau United Plateau United
16:00 h Akwa United FC Akwa United FC 3 - 0 Gombe United FC Gombe United FC
16:00 h El-Kanemi Warriors FC 1 - 0 Abia Warriors Abia Warriors
16:00 h Sunshine Stars Sunshine Stars 0 - 1 Nasarawa United FC Nasarawa United FC
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I already edit it to this week o - but this relegation battle is sweet and looks like Rangers are favorites to win the ticket to Division 2 at the expense of Shooting.
What are friends for? We are helping you warm your position for this week :tic: :tic: :tic:. Next match day and natural order will be restored :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

MFM in radio interview as they get ready for Enugu clash!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Enugu II wrote:MFM in radio interview as they get ready for Enugu clash!!
These games should be on tv.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't want MFM to be on the continent next season. I prefer 5th position finish. The club is still young and lacks depth to prosecute more competitions.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't want MFM to be on the continent next season. I prefer 5th position finish. The club is still young and lacks depth to prosecute more competitions.
A lagos based team can do an open one week trial today and still find 23 players that will do Nigeria proud on the continent. The beginning of the decline of Nigerian football coincide with the lack of lagos based teams in the premier division.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

oscar52 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I don't want MFM to be on the continent next season. I prefer 5th position finish. The club is still young and lacks depth to prosecute more competitions.
A lagos based team can do an open one week trial today and still find 23 players that will do Nigeria proud on the continent. The beginning of the decline of Nigerian football coincide with the lack of lagos based teams in the premier division.
MFM FC is not ready for the continent, need to develop revenue streams to be able to buy the players needed. The club doesn't rely on government handouts like other clubs in Nigeria.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Does anyone know if the continued Rangers v MFM match in Enugu will resume with the 1-0 lead that Rangers had yesterday?
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Enugu II wrote:Does anyone know if the continued Rangers v MFM match in Enugu will resume with the 1-0 lead that Rangers had yesterday?
Enugu II,
Inconsequential question now...match don end

Rangers 2-0 MFM
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Does anyone know if the continued Rangers v MFM match in Enugu will resume with the 1-0 lead that Rangers had yesterday?
Enugu II,
Inconsequential question now...match don end

Rangers 2-0 MFM
Yea, I just saw that at the LMC site. Thanks.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

But for those who care to know:

The game resumed from the moment it was rained off Wednesday: 45mins(end of 1st half) with Rangers 1-0 up....
PK was awarded soon after 48' after Ifeanyi George was brought down in the box; Ifeanyi George dusted himself off, scored the PK.
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

FATHER TIKO wrote:But for those who care to know:

The game resumed from the moment it was rained off Wednesday: 45mins(end of 1st half) with Rangers 1-0 up....
PK was awarded soon after 48' after Ifeanyi George was brought down in the box; Ifeanyi George dusted himself off, scored the PK.
Good result for Rangers but I note that they have tough games ahead of them as they seek to avoid relegation which is REALLY starring at them.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Nothing to do with you or your bazaar of opaks. The kinds of teams with depth and digger plus shovel and even excavators to go more depths that you crave have been representing the country since 2013 (cos 2012 was the last time we got to a semi final) in Africa without any worthy result. What is it you call someone who does the same thing the same way all the time expecting a different result?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

anointed wrote:
Nothing to do with you or your bazaar of opaks. The kinds of teams with depth and digger plus shovel and even excavators to go more depths that you crave have been representing the country since 2013 (cos 2012 was the last time we got to a semi final) in Africa without any worthy result. What is it you call someone who does the same thing the same way all the time expecting a different result?
I, a fan of MFM don't want the club on the continent.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:
anointed wrote:
I, a fan of MFM don't want the club on the continent.
Really?

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem with the NPL is that there are no finances to keep the talent in the league, the organization is terrible, but despite all this problems i am still excited to watch a 3SC vs Rangers or a 3SC vs Enyimba contest. I am a shooting stars fan, i grew up in lagos supporting Stores, but with their debacle, i have switched loyalty to the Ibadan side. I don't get it when fellow forumners come out saying that MLS is better than the NPl because of money and organization. I ask you have you seen a MLS game. They can't even pass the ball three times before loosing posesion. My secondary school team will beat DC united. I actually made a mistake going to a DC united vs Colorado rapids game. I was fooled by hype surrounding Freddy Adu. Normally i will not waste my time. So i decided to take my camera and go watch Freddy Adu. What i saw was a terrible game, the crowd were dismal, not passionate like we 3SC or saulo paulo fans. The highlight of the game, was seeing the little kids on the big screen monitor being featured while singing all around the stadium. MLS may have more money and organization. Despite it all, NPL is more exciting to go and watch, and the talent level is far superior than the MLS despite all this advantages. Notable NPl teams who will wallop MLS competion. Rangers, 3SC, Enyimba, National, Insurance, and Dolphins.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58148&p=822979&hilit=fan#p822979
ohenhen1 wrote:Stores fan representing, how sad that family conflict led to the demise of a great club like Stores.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186358&p=2959625&hilit=fan#p2959625
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yes I am a Lagoshian first and will support any privately owned Lagos team. I am also a fan of 3SC. I am also a fan of Stationary Stores.

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:Yes I am a Lagoshian first and will support any privately owned Lagos team. I am also a fan of 3SC. I am also a fan of Stationary Stores.
What about of KDK?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Trouble at Rivers United.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:Trouble at Rivers United.

MFM is a privately owned club free from Government wahala.

:taunt: :taunt: :D