2017 Nigerian Premier League - Plateau United Champions!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2017 Nigerian Premier League

Post by Gotti »

zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:Yes, 'tactical' propping up the table :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

Anyone know why the LMC stopped posting match highlights? One step forward, two steps back ....

Nice build up for Rangers' second goal in this somewhat old match.

[/video]
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

The Eagle wrote:Anyone know why the LMC stopped posting match highlights? One step forward, two steps back ....

Nice build up for Rangers' second goal in this somewhat old match.

[/video]
The Eagle:
I too have wondered about that as well. Though it seems to me that LMC stopped posting match highlights due to its attempts to monetize the highlights through mobile apps. Another factor could be due to the fact there has been relatively little or no live telecast of the league matches this year.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Match day 25 results
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

League table after matchday 25
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

3 of the bottom 4 teams are 'Stars' :huh: :huh:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
zee wrote:
ukwala wrote:Yes, 'tactical' propping up the table :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shooting doing what they now do best ...drop down the ladder!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
hangingfire
Egg
Egg

Post by hangingfire »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ukwala wrote:

The 'stars' are dimming again....
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Gotti wrote:
ukwala wrote:

The 'stars' are dimming again....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

How many teams get relegated?

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:How many teams get relegated?

Cheers.
Four
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

With 12 games remaining, the tightness of the league suggests that not even the second placed team is safe from relegation. This is not a weak league, by any stretch of the imagination, as some people suggest :!:

Cheers.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:With 12 games remaining, the tightness of the league suggests that not even the second placed team is safe from relegation. This is not a weak league, by any stretch of the imagination, as some people suggest :!:

Cheers.
Because we are back to the days when teams won at home and lost away. There are hardly any away wins anymore.
ukwala
Egg
Egg

Post by ukwala »

The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

ukwala wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:With 12 games remaining, the tightness of the league suggests that not even the second placed team is safe from relegation. This is not a weak league, by any stretch of the imagination, as some people suggest :!:

Cheers.
Because we are back to the days when teams won at home and lost away. There are hardly any away wins anymore.
The operational, administrative and televisual gains of the prior season(s) appear to have stagnated or reversed this season. Which is unfortunate. It is like Pinnickism is spreading.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

ukwala wrote:

Cheers.
What does that tell you? Obviously, the teams are all closely matched and the home turf appears to be the only advantage for teams :!:

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Currently in Naija and was privileged to watch my Rangers get mauled in Makudi by Lobi stars. The saving grace for Rangers was that Lobi were wasteful in front of goals....it could easily have been six.

I don't know if Rangers were poor ni o or Lobi were simply too good. But the game was entertaining and standard of play quite impressive, especially Lobi. They have a boy in their midfield he plays as DM, but he bossed the middle with his calmness,vision and fighting ability. I hope he is not a flash because he stood out above the others in the park.
Rangers came in with a nonsense approach trying to kill the game with the shenanigans of going down from every niggling touch. It was a stupid approach in a game that they had the edge in the opening minutes. I did not see anything special about Rangers nor did I spot any player that caught the eye save for one short winger they had.
I can see why they were bundled out of the continent and why they have struggled. By the way I also noticed an unhealthy heavy presence of the ex players. They even have their own bus which brought them down to Makurdi, this cannot augur well for the team. It appears they all hover around the club like vultures looking for scraps. I hope am wrong,the criteria for coaching or working for Rangers should not solely be because you an an ex, it should be closely tied to competence. The guy I saw prancing the touchline like a tout cannot be Rangers coach... Nooo....the status of Rangers is bigger than that image I saw on the touchline.

Anyway I am enjoying naija,they say recession..what recession, joints are packed full every night. Isi-ewu has suffered from my hands down here..Amadioha fire all the harbingers of fake and hate news!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

oloye wrote:Currently in Naija and was privileged to watch my Rangers get mauled in Makudi by Lobi stars. The saving grace for Rangers was that Lobi were wasteful in front of goals....it could easily have been six.

I don't know if Rangers were poor ni o or Lobi were simply too good. But the game was entertaining and standard of play quite impressive, especially Lobi. They have a boy in their midfield he plays as DM, but he bossed the middle with his calmness,vision and fighting ability. I hope he is not a flash because he stood out above the others in the park.
Rangers came in with a nonsense approach trying to kill the game with the shenanigans of going down from every niggling touch. It was a stupid approach in a game that they had the edge in the opening minutes. I did not see anything special about Rangers nor did I spot any player that caught the eye save for one short winger they had.
I can see why they were bundled out of the continent and why they have struggled. By the way I also noticed an unhealthy heavy presence of the ex players. They even have their own bus which brought them down to Makurdi, this cannot augur well for the team. It appears they all hover around the club like vultures looking for scraps. I hope am wrong,the criteria for coaching or working for Rangers should not solely be because you an an ex, it should be closely tied to competence. The guy I saw prancing the touchline like a tout cannot be Rangers coach... Nooo....the status of Rangers is bigger than that image I saw on the touchline.

Anyway I am enjoying naija,they say recession..what recession, joints are packed full every night. Isi-ewu has suffered from my hands down here..Amadioha fire all the harbingers of fake and hate news!
Oloye,

Did you write all this based on watching one game? I am indeed surprised as it appears to capture all that people have complained about.