Nike finally taking Nigeria serious.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nike finally taking Nigeria serious.

Post by wanaj0 »

Can we go back to the jersey we used at ANC 1994?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Polly wrote:I don't care in what bleeping colour we play in. I just want a team that can beat people up and cause fear wherever they go.

And experience teaches that we'll be fallen over our beer bottles to buy the jerseys, even if they are blue and black. I want to win, abeg!!
Bros, I really do see where you are coming from. What makes me shake my head is the fact that a lot of people here spend money on jerseys of fairly successful European clubs. What I want to see if the repeated success, from African teams, on the world stage for decades. That way I will see if other people return the favour and procure African team jerseys.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

scholl wrote:
Polly wrote:I don't care in what bleeping colour we play in. I just want a team that can beat people up and cause fear wherever they go.

And experience teaches that we'll be fallen over our beer bottles to buy the jerseys, even if they are blue and black. I want to win, abeg!!
Bros, I really do see where you are coming from. What makes me shake my head is the fact that a lot of people here spend money on jerseys of fairly successful European clubs. What I want to see if the repeated success, from African teams, on the world stage for decades. That way I will see if other people return the favour and procure African team jerseys.
Super eagles Jerseys were fairly popular in the US and Brazil back on the day when SE were flying high especially post Atlanta Olympics
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Regardless of how poor the design is I still make it a point of duty to purchase SE jersey.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

scholl wrote:

Saw a German couple in NYC with one kid. Kid was wearing a Diop Senegal jersey. I have seen quite a few Americans rocking the (old Nike) SE jersey. Granted that was in the early 2000s. Nothing succeeds like success.

Wha choo looking at?!
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

I saw that jersey at Ikeja mall NIKE shop in march, was not feeling it at all and the price put me right off :dream: almost 60 pounds.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

joao wrote:
highbury wrote:I have always wondered why we can't give to the Aba traders to make it for the SE. I understand it's all about money.
I'm sure the fans will be the ones complaining that the SE kits are
not foreign made.
Yep, they certainly will be complaining. They are never happy or satisfied with their own. Manufacture a product in Aba, label it as "made in Aba" and you will be lucky if a thousand is sold. Label the same product - manufactured in Aba - as "made in the USA, Italy, Germany" and et al. and you will sell hundreds of thousands of it within a month.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Odas[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]joao[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]highbury[/color] wrote: I have always wondered why we can't give to the Aba traders to make it for the SE. I understand it's all about money.
I'm sure the fans will be the ones complaining that the SE kits are
not foreign made.
Yep, they certainly will be complaining. They are never happy or satisfied with their own. Manufacture a product in Aba, label it as "made in Aba" and you will be lucky if a thousand is sold. Label the same product - manufactured in Aba - as "made in the USA, Italy, Germany" and et al. and you will sell hundreds of thousands of it within a month.
Not true. Price is a major determining factor. Produce a quality jersey, price it at an affordable rate and then put it on Konga or Jumia, it will fly off the shelf.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Nike is planning on making Nigeria one of their pinnacle teams for the World Cup in '18. Same pedestal as France, Brazil, USA. We absolutely need to make it to the Mundial. From my understanding, this is as big an opportunity to brand ourselves as we've had since probably 1998.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

wanaj0 wrote:Can we go back to the jersey we used at ANC 1994?
That's the gold standard!
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Obong wrote:

Nigeria would have to be with adidas for that to happen.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

CE is a funny place. It is a perfect microcosm of Nigeria, and the world indeed. Bouncing, you are disappointing me! In the day and age of Google, when you can easily verify something. You have chosen to argue. Nigeria didn't switch to Nike till later that year after the world cup....in time for the England friendly if memory serves me well

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

CE is a funny place. It is a perfect microcosm of Nigeria, and the world indeed. Bouncing, you are disappointing me! In the day and age of Google, when you can easily verify something. You have chosen to argue. Nigeria didn't switch to Nike till later that year after the world cup....in time for the England friendly if memory serves me well

For me, This is the Kit we should be show-casing in.
No substitute!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote: That was a Nike jersey

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

Na waoo. You had to write all that to correct me. No vex. I was wrong.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

This kit screams 'prestige' all over...
And, for me, its neither due to the 'success' of that era nor mere nostalgia...
The panoply of colours is brilliant...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Yekini
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

Even though this jersey has a 9 on it. The build and pose of the person wearing that jersey resemble Finidi well well
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

amafolas wrote:
platinum wrote:
bouncino wrote:
platinum wrote:
Obong wrote:

That was a Nike jersey

Even though this jersey has a 9 on it. The build and pose of the person wearing that jersey resemble Finidi well well
Definitely Finidi