Nike finally taking Nigeria serious.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nike finally taking Nigeria serious.

Post by muzines »

It seems Nike realizes we have a good chance of going to WC, so they are now taking us seriously. They are promoting the new kit, which is good. Hopefully, it will be easy to find online.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nike finally taking Nigeria serious.

Post by metalalloy »

about daggone time! We need to renegotiate that contract sef if we manage to reach world cup
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

:rotf: :rotf: See onu. Abeg mek una cool down until we reach WC. :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by muzines »

Scipio Africanus wrote::rotf: :rotf: See onu. Abeg mek una cool down until we reach WC. :mrgreen:
Which onu? They need to do more of this. Our players need some of that endorsement money.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Conservative: a liberal who has been mugged by reality.
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

Nigeria football has more issue than this, the money will still go the wrong channel even if contract is renegotiated
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

But the jersey is just plain green. Why can't they design something that is more attractive and more imaginative?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Where are the SE training kits?
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

same kit we wore in Brazil
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I wont lie that jersey still looks drab and cheap...seeing it on the players yesterday, i swear i have seen better locally assembled jerseys. On hindsight , the cheap Botafogo design looks better....why cant Nike give us something better
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:I wont lie that jersey still looks drab and cheap...seeing it on the players yesterday, i swear i have seen better locally assembled jerseys.
Oloye, the main problem as I have been lamenting for years, is that horrible dark green colour.
You just can't do anything with dark green. I've asked before how many guys here have got green jackets, shirts or pants. Very few I can bet it.

Why we insist on using dark green is beyond me. On top of all that, we are a dark-skinned people.
A lighter green, or a green broken up with white would be much better.
I hate these dark green kits.

Anyway, all four teams in our group have green as their primary national colours. That means we will be in white in all our away matches. It also means all our home matches will be in that dark green. :boo:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:I wont lie that jersey still looks drab and cheap...seeing it on the players yesterday, i swear i have seen better locally assembled jerseys.
Oloye, the main problem as I have been lamenting for years, is that horrible dark green colour.
You just can't do anything with dark green. I've asked before how many guys here have got green jackets, shirts or pants. Very few I can bet it.

Why we insist on using dark green is beyond me. On top of all that, we are a dark-skinned people.
A lighter green, or a green broken up with white would be much better.
I hate these dark green kits.

Anyway, all four teams in our group have green as their primary national colours. That means we will be in white in all our away matches. It also means all our home matches will be in that dark green. :boo:
are the designers saying they cannot spice that jersey up to look better with mixture of white, even if it means several lines of white lines so thin you would hardly see them, but several enough to make the green lighter. Just look at the useless 'tobi' or pant...that thing looks like a training kit.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The notion that we always have to wear green or white is what I don't get. Yes it's the colours on our national flag but it doesn't stop us from using other colors.

Germany don't have white in their flag yet they wear white shirts. Italy and Spain don't have blue in their flag yet they wear blue. Spain when occasionally wears white even though they also don't have white in their flag. England don't have blue in their flag yet they were blue shorts. I think they even wore grey jerseys during Euro 96.

What you don't see of teams going out of their war to wear green of they don't have to. It's not an aesthetically appealing color especially cos of the green grass. It makes for very little contrast. Ireland is the only team I know of. Brazil, Portugal and Wales rarely do even though they all have green in their flag...Brazil actually never does. I remember once they wore green shorts over their traditional yellow shirts but that was a long time ago o think during the Romario era. They just don't wear green even as an alternate...they opt for blue even though green is the more prominent color in their flag.

I'd like to see us try white shirts over green shorts and alternate white/green socks. Or even try completely different colors entirely as an option for a third strip.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

theYemster wrote:The notion that we always have to wear green or white is what I don't get. Yes it's the colours on our national flag but it doesn't stop us from using other colors.

Germany don't have white in their flag yet they wear white shirts. Italy and Spain don't have blue in their flag yet they wear blue. Spain when occasionally wears white even though they also don't have white in their flag. England don't have blue in their flag yet they were blue shorts. I think they even wore grey jerseys during Euro 96.

What you don't see of teams going out of their war to wear green of they don't have to. It's not an aesthetically appealing color especially cos of the green grass. It makes for very little contrast. Ireland is the only team I know of. Brazil, Portugal and Wales rarely do even though they all have green in their flag...Brazil actually never does. I remember once they wore green shorts over their traditional yellow shirts but that was a long time ago o think during the Romario era. They just don't wear green even as an alternate...they opt for blue even though green is the more prominent color in their flag.

I'd like to see us try white shirts over green shorts and alternate white/green socks. Or even try completely different colors entirely as an option for a third strip.
Actually Germany has historically done so with their away strip, although that is (perhaps) derived from their FA logo.

Nevertheless, that Naija jersey is embarrassingly banal.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

So bland
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Not cool looking at all.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I have always wondered why we can't give to the Aba traders to make it for the SE. I understand it's all about money.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

highbury wrote:I have always wondered why we can't give to the Aba traders to make it for the SE. I understand it's all about money.
I'm sure the fans will be the ones complaining that the SE kits are
not foreign made.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I noticed that nike finally provided proper training kits for the players in Paris. :thumbs:
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Nigeria played in white against Togo
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

I don't care in what bleeping colour we play in. I just want a team that can beat people up and cause fear wherever they go.

And experience teaches that we'll be fallen over our beer bottles to buy the jerseys, even if they are blue and black. I want to win, abeg!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Its a Goal wrote:But the jersey is just plain green. Why can't they design something that is more attractive and more imaginative?
Tell me about it. Zero imagination.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I just don't get what all the it's bland , unimaginative , talk is about. That jersey is ok. It is better than the so called 94 world up pajama jersey, the weired 02 neon and the parachutes of yester-years.

It doesn't have too many additives but sometimes that is a good thing. Yes green is not the favorite color of a lot of people but this jersey right there is a ok. And in no way is it as bad as portrayed on these pages.

That said, Nike can and must still do better.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."