THE SUPER EAGLES ARE OFFICIALLY BACK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
THE SUPER EAGLES ARE OFFICIALLY BACK

Post by vancity eagle »

It has not been this sweet since 2000 possibly 1994.

Can you imagine when the likes of

Chide Nwakali
Kelechi Nwakali
Victor Oshimen
Ovie Ejaria
Odubajo
Isaac Success
Must Yahaya
Awaziem
Azuibikwe Ockechukwu
Amuzie

Have all been integrated.

When I watched a Salisu lead eagles play Luxembourg off the park with beautiful passing, I was cautiously optimistic.

When Rohr took the helm and we played Tanzania off the park with the most beautiful attacking football we have played in decades, I told myself Nigeria will be great again.

When we beat Zambia in their own backyard, I knew we were on the verge of something great.

When we beat a very talented Algeria team, probably the best team going into the 2017 ANC, by 2 goals I have to say that the SUPER EAGLES are back from the wilderness.

We have won 5 straight matches, and 3 straight competitive matches.

When last has a coach won 5 straight, when last has a NEW coach won his 5 opening matches. The scary thing is that we are FAR from being at our best, and there is still A LOT of work to do, yet we already have a form not seen since the days of Amunike and Finidi George.

We have one foot in Russia, and this is a WC semi final side shaping up.

When last has Nigeria beaten a quality side by 2 clear goals ? This team IMO is the best side in Africa. Finally we can be proud and we can be confident in SE.

The swagger is back and it will only continue to improve.

SE is back men.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THE SUPER EAGLES ARE OFFICIALLY BACK

Post by bushboy »

Iheanacho in the Etebo role with Success as the top man. Odubajo at RB. Starting lineup is set.

Then you look to the bench and see the likes of Musa, Esiti, Ndidi, Ejaira, Ighalo, Osimhen, Aluko, Nwakali...you have the makings of a very deadly squad. I share your optimism.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This is our most important Qualifying series since 1996/1997

Due to the amount of talent that we have been unearthing, and also because we missed out on an ANC, and did not parade most of our quality in the Olympics.

This series is not important just because it is a WC, this is not your run of the mill WCQ. This is far more important than qualifying for South Africa or Rio.

I am glad that we are strengthening at just the right time.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

vancity eagle wrote:It has not been this sweet since 2000 possibly 1994.

Chide Nwakali
Kelechi Nwakali
Victor Oshimen
Ovie Ejaria
Odubajo
Isaac Success
Must Yahaya
Awaziem
Azuibikwe Ockechukwu
Amuzie

When I watched a Salisu lead eagles play Luxembourg off the park with beautiful passing, I was cautiously optimistic.

When Rohr took the helm and we played Tanzania off the park with the most beautiful attacking football we have played in decades, I told myself Nigeria will be great again.

When we beat Zambia in their own backyard, I knew we were on the verge of something great.

When we beat a very talented Algeria team, probably the best team going into the 2017 ANC, by 2 goals I have to say that the SUPER EAGLES are back from the wilderness.

When last has a coach won 5 straight, when last has a NEW coach won his 5 opening matches. The scary thing is that we are FAR from being at our best, and there is still A LOT of work to do, yet we already have a form not seen since the days of Amunike and Finidi George.

When last has Nigeria beaten a quality side by 2 clear goals ? This team IMO is the best side in Africa. Finally we can be proud and we can be confident in SE.

SE is back men.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
You still remain a ..............buffoon. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
All glory be to God Almighty
I remember 2013 when you became an Ivorian suddenly. How time flies.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I have to agree with vancity.
But the signs were there much earlier, although those of us that dared point it out were pilloried and vilified.
Still, much work to be done, but we have the makings of something special.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

proclaimjesus02 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

vancity eagle wrote:When last has a coach won 5 straight, when last has a NEW coach won his 5 opening matches.
Don't know, let's hope Rohr manages to do it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

vancity eagle wrote: We have one foot in Russia, and this is a WC semi final side shaping up.
this has all the hallmarks of a backfiring thread
fat lady hasnt even begun clearing her throat
my brother one step at a time
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

So now you are a fan of Azubuike Okechukwu? Did u not criticize Siasia for inviting him against Egypt?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

We just need the Ivory Coast slayer, MBA Sunday, to take charge of the attacking midfield.
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

SE back? And what happens in the second round of the qualifiers when all these teams have been to AFCON and return as well oiled machines while we played non-competitive friendlies in the back waters of international football.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

mojojojo wrote:SE back? And what happens in the second round of the qualifiers when all these teams have been to AFCON and return as well oiled machines while we played non-competitive friendlies in the back waters of international football.

And u base the above statement on what?....past experiences?

No African country comes out of ANC a well oiled machine, in fact they come out more divided than ever....wait till the money issue and indiscipline kicks in
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

smartbrother wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: We have one foot in Russia, and this is a WC semi final side shaping up
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Enyi wrote:
mojojojo wrote:SE back? And what happens in the second round of the qualifiers when all these teams have been to AFCON and return as well oiled machines while we played non-competitive friendlies in the back waters of international football.

No African country comes out of ANC a well oiled machine, in fact they come out more divided than ever....wait till the money issue and indiscipline kicks in

As a matter of fact, half of them will fire their coach after the AFCON creating more turmoil for them by the time qualifiers resume in August.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

Undertaker wrote:
Enyi wrote:

As a matter of fact, half of them will fire their coach after the AFCON creating more turmoil for them by the time qualifiers resume in August.
Who will be the first to fire?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Odas wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
vancity eagle wrote: We have one foot in Russia, and this is a WC semi final side shaping up
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:
The problem with you two is you'd rather prefer to be afraid than optimistic.

We are thinking it could go from strength to strength. You're rather afraid it could backfire.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

eyan wrote:We just need the Ivory Coast slayer, MBA Sunday, to take charge of the attacking midfield.
Stop
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

This was a weakened Algerian team.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Kabalega wrote:This was a weakened Algerian team.
Whatever. They drew with Cameroon with their strong squad and Cameroon drew with Zambia that we beat away.

We can only play the team in front of us and the rest na tory
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
amoky
Egg
Egg

Post by amoky »

vancity eagle wrote:It has not been this sweet since 2000 possibly 1994.

Chide Nwakali
Kelechi Nwakali
Victor Oshimen
Ovie Ejaria
Odubajo
Isaac Success
Must Yahaya
Awaziem
Azuibikwe Ockechukwu
Amuzie

Now I can conclude that you only follow football within the realms of you emotions :boo: :boo: :boo:

SE is back men.

Now I can conclude that you follow football within the realms of your emotion - :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

proclaimjesus02 wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:
Believe me, VE will not survive one week in the midst of Ivorians with all the negative stuff he has been saying about Nigeria. :lol: :lol: :lol: