NIgeria has the potential

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
NIgeria has the potential

Post by highbury »

Nigeria has the potential to qualify for the World Cup with an unprecedented 2 games to spare if we continue this way and our opponents continue to drop points. I so wish and hope that is the case. Gdluck SE!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIgeria has the potential

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We would have to win both cameroun games and hope Algeria gets less than 4pts in both Zambia games for us to qualify in 4 games.
OCCUPY NFF!!
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

How I wish the next game was next month. We have a momentum going and our form suggests we'll put away any of the teams in our group. 9 months from now, the ANC would have happened, who knows what form the other teams would be in....
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:How I wish the next game was next month. We have a momentum going and our form suggests we'll put away any of the teams in our group. 9 months from now, the ANC would have happened, who knows what form the other teams would be in....
I prefer the long break with friendlies in between.
There's a lot to work on and we shouldn't settle for less than perfect regardless of how easily we go through the Q games.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Clearly this potential great team was there when Siasia took the helm when we played Egypt for Afcon qualifier. Rohr just pruned the weeds in the team
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

highbury wrote:Clearly this potential great team was there when Siasia took the helm when we played Egypt for Afcon qualifier. Rohr just pruned the weeds in the team
It has always been there, that is why you would have also noticed that the arrogant clown oliseh has avoided twitter to say anything about this team because he worked with the same players but rather benched them.
And gave captains band to those who where not meant to have it.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:How I wish the next game was next month. We have a momentum going and our form suggests we'll put away any of the teams in our group. 9 months from now, the ANC would have happened, who knows what form the other teams would be in....
There's a lot to work on and we shouldn't settle for less than perfect regardless of how easily we go through the Q games.
Looking at the 4 teams, I'd put a wager on SE getting 3 points off any of them if we played tomorrow. The ANC will give these teams (Zambia excluded) 2 to 3 weeks to train together at a location of their choice, the likes of Leekens would have imprinted his methods on the Algerian team and they would have tried out all their prospects. Algeria are one of the contenders and would likely reach the semis, that's 4 grade A games right there plus friendlies, Cameroon will get at-least 3 games at the ANC if not more. Be prepared to see improved sides.
For us not as many games and not as much time together, it'll be a couple of meaningless friendlies on Fifa windows with prospects being tested. Players showing up 3 to 2 days before games.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

felarey wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Looking at the 4 teams, I'd put a wager on SE getting 3 points off any of them if we played tomorrow. The ANC will give these teams (Zambia excluded) 2 to 3 weeks to train together at a location of their choice, the likes of Leekens would have imprinted his methods on the Algerian team and they would have tried out all their prospects. Algeria are one of the contenders and would likely reach the semis, that's 4 grade A games right there plus friendlies, Cameroon will get at-least 3 games at the ANC if not more. Be prepared to see improved sides.
For us not as many games and not as much time together, it'll be a couple of meaningless friendlies on Fifa windows with prospects being tested. Players showing up 3 to 2 days before games.
On the other hand, it gives a great bird's eye view. Plus let us not forget that as a youth team...Nigeria will actually be stronger in the next 1,2,3 years. Look at our prospects, just about all the players in the pool should be better in the next year. Iheanacho should have gained some vital experience, Iwobi should be better, Moses Simon should be better, Success should be better, Alampasu, Ndidi, Nwakali etc should all be better.

We are not at our best right now, even though our form might suggest otherwise. Moses is in great form, but the role in Chelsea is still a new role! Realistically Moses could also be better in 1 year!

and if we retain Rohr, he will have a better feel of the squad. AFCON does not necessarily bring out the best in teams. It might even create more uncertainty, if they do not progress.

Let us not think that we are at our best now. I watched both games, although we controlled both games, we were not perfect! Zambia could have equalized, our defense was shaky...and what if Algeria had been more clinical?

We will be better 1 year from now!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
nim
Egg
Egg

Post by nim »

osita wrote:
highbury wrote:Clearly this potential great team was there when Siasia took the helm when we played Egypt for Afcon qualifier. Rohr just pruned the weeds in the team
It has always been there, that is why you would have also noticed that the arrogant clown oliseh has avoided twitter to say anything about this team because he worked with the same players but rather benched them.
Wetin come be your own with oliseh again?

Oliseh gave Captain arm-band to Mikel. Mikel reject am.

He then gave it to the player with the most caps in the national team who is Musa.

So wetin come be problem again now???!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

nim wrote:
osita wrote:
Wetin come be your own with oliseh again?

Oliseh gave Captain arm-band to Mikel. Mikel reject am.

He then gave it to the player with the most caps in the national team who is Musa.

So wetin come be problem again now???!
...because the whole wahala was triggered by the unnecessary Enyeama saga that also ended Emenike's national team endeavor.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I think Naija can even win Russia 2020
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

If teams like Cameroon do not perform at CAN2017, they will likely sack their coach, which plays into our hands just like Algeria with a new coach playing against us. We suffered the same fate when we played Egypt in the AFCON qualifiers with a coach who was appointed 3 weeks before the match. The Cameroon coach is under pressure now because of dropped points at home against Zambia, a poor CAN and he could be shown the door.
I am happy