ROHR CONTACTS AINA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR CONTACTS AINA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/11/17/ro ... r-nigeria/

The boy wants time to decide, he's hoping to join Ejaria,ibe, Tammy and ojo on the England team.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: ROHR CONTACTS AINA

Post by ohenhen1 »

I don't understand that. England will use him and dump him. Don't this young people ever study history wow.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Its a big decision which has long term implications. Once you have nailed your colours to the mast at this level, you are locked in for life...

The guy has to really feel it before he makes the plunge. The good thing is that his father is a big SE fan, so there is every chance he will persuade him. Moses being a Chelsea team mate and Iwobi a close friend also helps.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't understand that. England will use him and dump him. Don't this young people ever study history wow.
You can't be sure. You can only weigh the probabilities. After all, they didn't 'use and dump' Dele Ali.
Every young footballer should believe that he can reach the top. But they also have to take in a dose of realism.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Will Naija enter the Guinness book of work records as the first country to have her starting 11 all born outside the country?
Kosovo & Algeria are close
Naija will get there soon. Looking forward to this lineup

Goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme (England)

Defence
Moses Odubajo (England)
W. Troost-Ekong (Netherlands)
Balogun (Germany)

Midfield
Oluwaseyi Ojo (England)
Oviemuno Ejaria (England)
Jordon Ibe (,England)
Omatsone Aluko (England)

Forward
Tammy Abraham (England)
Adebayo Akinfenwa (England)
Stefano Chuka (Italy)
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rawlings wrote:Will Naija enter the Guinness book of work records as the first country to have her starting 11 all born outside the country?

Goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme (England)

Defence
Moses Odubajo (England)
Balogun (Germany)

Midfield
Oluwaseyi Ojo (England)
Jordon Ibe (,England)
Omatsone Aluko (England)

Forward
Tammy Abraham (England)
Stefano Chuka (Italy)
Damn. .... u must be obsessed with Nigerian players.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:Will Naija enter the Guinness book of work records as the first country to have her starting 11 all born outside the country?

Will Ghana be the first African team eliminated from the World Cup qualifiers? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

The YeyeMan wrote:

Will Ghana be the first African team eliminated from the World Cup qualifiers? :D

Comoro Island, lesotho, South Sudan etc are all out already
Una dey suffa from amnesia? :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme (England)

Defence
Moses Odubajo (England)
Balogun (Germany)

Midfield
Oluwaseyi Ojo (England)
Jordon Ibe (,England)
Omatsone Aluko (England)

Forward
Tammy Abraham (England)
Stefano Chuka (Italy)
..but you like my lineup ..abi?
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

We have to understand that for most of these boys, if they had a real chance to represent England, Netherlands Russia etc., they would likely take them over Nigeria. Those are the countries of their births and familiarity. Add to that, the instability in Nigerian football, and we have an uphill task. Our best bet is those that suspect that they are not good enough for those countries. Once they get to that realization, our sales job will be easier.

As much as I like Leon Balogun (and I really do), the chances that he would have ever played for Germany in an official capacity were virtually zero. He was prime for the picking.

We also have a shot with inpatient players. If we were to qualify for the WC, we would be more attractive to many of the ones that have always dreamed of playing in the WC...we'd be a short cut
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

deanotito wrote:We have to understand that for most of these boys, if they had a real chance to represent England, Netherlands Russia etc., they would likely take them over Nigeria. Those are the countries of their births and familiarity. Add to that, the instability in Nigerian football, and we have an uphill task. Our best bet is those that suspect that they are not good enough for those countries. Once they get to that realization, our sales job will be easier.

As much as I like Leon Balogun (and I really do), the chances that he would have ever played for Germany in an official capacity were virtually zero. He was prime for the picking.

We also have a shot with inpatient players. If we were to qualify for the WC, we would be more attractive to many of the ones that have always dreamed of playing in the WC...we'd be a short cut
This posting is a breath of fresh air :winking:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

deanotito wrote:We have to understand that for most of these boys, if they had a real chance to represent England, Netherlands Russia etc., they would likely take them over Nigeria. Those are the countries of their births and familiarity. Add to that, the instability in Nigerian football, and we have an uphill task. Our best bet is those that suspect that they are not good enough for those countries. Once they get to that realization, our sales job will be easier.

That is the reality which I have shared here repeatedly.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme (England)

Defence
Moses Odubajo (England)
Balogun (Germany)

Midfield
Oluwaseyi Ojo (England)
Jordon Ibe (,England)
Omatsone Aluko (England)

Forward
Tammy Abraham (England)
Stefano Chuka (Italy)
Maybe his mother first husband was a Nigerian.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Goalkeeper
Carl Ikeme (England)

Defence
Moses Odubajo (England)
Balogun (Germany)

Midfield
Oluwaseyi Ojo (England)
Jordon Ibe (,England)
Omatsone Aluko (England)

Forward
Tammy Abraham (England)
Stefano Chuka (Italy)
So long as they are not Ghanians, that fine. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

They are Nigerians, that's all that matters. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW! There are 2 talent Ghanians in the Arsenal youth set up. I know your FA have been working hard to get them to play for Ghana. Hopefully, they chose to play for England. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:

I do not think this was ever in doubt. But once in a while, you will get the odd exception like Alex Iwobi.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a no brainer, Nigeria should be the first choice.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I do not think this was ever in doubt. But once in a while, you will get the odd exception like Alex Iwobi.
Indeed. And of course, there were strong familial ties tying Iwobi to Nigerian football.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:I don't understand that. England will use him and dump him. Don't this young people ever study history wow.
Even if they study or know history, there is the belief their situation will be different because they are better than the previous generation. But like they say, until their eyes clears - like a film trick - they will not learn/listen until it is too late.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Odas wrote:
Even if they study or know history, there is the belief their situation will be different because they are better than the previous generation. But like they say, until their eyes clears - like a film trick - they will not learn/listen until it is too late.
I think you may be doing this generation of players a bit of a disservice. They seem more willing to embrace their Nigerian heritage as fas as I can tell.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

Indeed. And of course, there were strong familial ties tying Iwobi to Nigerian football.
I have heard his club (Chelsea) are the ones trying to stop him from playing for Nigeria. There are strong forces trying to get him to play for Nigeria. There is a good chance with Aina playing for his country. He is very Nigerian.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Waffiman wrote:I have heard his club (Chelsea) are the ones trying to stop him from playing for Nigeria. There are strong forces trying to get him to play for Nigeria. There is a good chance with Aina playing for his country. He is very Nigerian.
I haven't heard about Chelsea applying pressure and I'm not sure what they'd gain from that since he's home-grown like Moses.

The FA, however, might be applying pressure though - via Chelsea, possibly.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Perhaps he is worried that his transportation will not be covered... :P
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:

Apart apparently for folks like Ohenhen, that's always been given...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL