Jose Mourinho v Antonio Conte

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

femibyte
Egg
Egg
Jose Mourinho v Antonio Conte

Post by femibyte »

That awful feeling when you realize you ended up with your rival's discarded leftovers... :lol: :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/5 ... ide%20p$11

Jose Mourinho
5 signs that Jose Mourinho v Antonio Conte is the Premier League's next great managerial feud
No-one likes seeing your ex with a new love, and it seems as though Jose's insecurities might just be rubbing off on the Chelsea manager

BYMARK JONES
10:12, 24 NOV 2016UPDATED10:34, 24 NOV 2016
SPORT
conte vs mourinho
"Fight! Fight! Fight!"
SHARES
by Taboola Sponsored Links
Big Bang Theory Season 11 Cancelled: Kaley Cuoco Confirms On Jimmy Kimmel? (The Wonder Nation)Here’s What American Giant Has Coming in for Winter (American Giant)
Get Chelsea FC updates directly to your inbox
+ Subscribe
Less than a year on from Jose Mourinho getting sacked as Chelsea manager with the club languishing in the bottom half, the Blues are top of the league.

Antonio Conte is the new darling of Stamford Bridge, with his 3-4-3 formation proving perfect as he seeks to get the best out of his players, most of whom struggled under Mourinho last year.

And with Portuguese now at Manchester United - who lie sixth in the table, nine points off Chelsea - a new rivalry seems to have emerged between the current and former Blues bosses.

Hands up if you don't like each other (Photo: Matthew Peters)
And there are signs that it could end up following in footsteps of some of the Premier League's other great managerial rivalries such as Mourinho v Arsene Wenger, Mourinho v Pep Guardiola and, er, Mourinho v Rafa Benitez.

Five signs, to be exact.

1. Shots fired over Victor Moses

Conte, Moses, Mourinho
Mourinho closed the door on Moses, but Conte opened it (Photo: Reuters/Getty Images)
Conte has revitalised the career of Victor Moses, whose face never fitted with Mourinho and who was packed out on loan to Liverpool, Stoke and West Ham by the Portuguese.

SPONSORED

The Nigerian is now a key player for Conte at right wing-back, and on Tuesday he took a dig at his predecessor over his handling of him .

"I could see his potential from the first days of the summer training camp,” Conte told Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I find it incredible that someone like him has been underestimated."

2. The bizarre "lack of respect" thing

Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte
"I'm fine with you winning 4-0, as long as you do it respectfully" (Photo: Reuters)
According to Mourinho, Conte showed a "lack of respect" by whipping up the crowd towards the end of the Blues' 4-0 hammering of United last month.

It was, of course, just an attempt to deflect attention away from an awful United display, and it worked.

For about five minutes.

3. The response

Video thumbnail, Antonio Conte defends touchline antics that upset Mourinho
CLICK TO PLAY
Two days after that, Conte wasn't scared to hit back at Mourinho , saying:

"I think that everyone must show respect for me, for my work, for my job.

"I have a history and you can see my history, my past and my behaviours on the bench.

"I always show respect for the opponent, for the other teams, for the other club and my history speaks for me."

So that told him.

4. Conte seems to have surpassed Mourinho in Chelsea fans' affections, and that's bound to hurt

You can imagine Jose reading these in a darkened room, eyes lowered, staring out of the window and vowing revenge.

Yep, like that.

5. And the players like him better, too

Conte seems to have awoken something in the Chelsea players that had completely evaporated under Mourinho, and given his struggles at United then last season's failure looks as though it is still being felt.

Could he take his anger out on his predecessor? Or will it be a case of "leave it Jose, he's not worth it?"
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com