Red boots for Eagles - KOC?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eagle Winged
Red boots for Eagles - KOC?

Post by Eagle Winged »

Red boots for Eagles

Celestine Babayaro and John Utaka will be sporting red Nike boots when they play against Morocco on Tuesday.

Both players tried out the brightly coloured boots in training on Monday and they both looked comfortable in them.

Click here for the latest Nations Cup results, fixtures, tables and leading scorers.

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 17:21

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/? ... Eagles.php
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KOC, i assume its a slow news day? :mrgreen:
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Hope it fires dem up!!!
senator
Egg
Egg

Post by senator »

They better use the thing to score goals
''Watching United today was like watching your woman with another man. They were where we should have been, doing exactly what we should have been doing, and deep inside you know they were doing it better than we ever have.'' __Arsenal Fan after watching Man Utd defeat Roma 7-1 10/04/07

mouko wrote:
''Going by this list Nigeria would survive if they can score more than they would concede.''
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Fire, fire, fire. Morocco go see fire :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Enugu II
Re: Red boots for Eagles - KOC?

Post by Enugu II »

Eagle Winged wrote:Red boots for Eagles

Celestine Babayaro and John Utaka will be sporting red Nike boots when they play against Morocco on Tuesday.

Both players tried out the brightly coloured boots in training on Monday and they both looked comfortable in them.

Click here for the latest Nations Cup results, fixtures, tables and leading scorers.

Posted on Monday, January 26, 2004 - 17:21

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/stories/? ... Eagles.php

KOC, i assume its a slow news day? :mrgreen:

QUESTION:

Does the adidas contract allow this or are we getting ready for a huge controversy? Frankly, I ewas taken aback since the boots are said to be Nike and not Adidas. I really will be surprised if the adidas contract allows this. The only exception is if the contract (unsually) exempts players who have other kit contracts.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Na white for better pass!!!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Enugu II

Very few kitting contracts include the boots. This is because the boots are considered to be something personal to the player and he is allowed to chose his own (and usually each player has an endorsement contract specifically on boots). I do not know of any high profile football team which forces its players to wear the boots of its kit provider.