2018 FIFA WC qualifiers: NFF targets double over Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
2018 FIFA WC qualifiers: NFF targets double over Cameroon

Post by Sir V »

A double against Cameroun, we don qualify.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/2018 ... -cameroon/

NFF right on hiring Rohr, says Pinnick Nigeria Football Federation, NFF president, Amaju Pinnick has assured Nigerians that the Super Eagles will aim to beat Cameroon home and away to seal their qualification for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

Pinnick stated that having kept a 100 percent record in the group B qualifiers so far, which the Super Eagles were given an outside chance to progress, the team will not rest on its oars. He added that the NFF will pull all the stuff to make the Eagles get the desired results.

super-eagles00 “I want to also emphasize that we are not resting on out oars. We are doing everything humanly and materially possible in making sure that we beat Cameroon home and away. It is only when we do that that we can scream that we have picked the World Cup ticket,” Pinnick stated. He added that the Super Eagles coaches were doing a great job and that the NFF has been justified with the hiring of Gernot Rohr.

[/img]“The success of hiring Rohr is not about me but the board of the football federation. We decided to go for what we wanted at that point and the good thing is that we did not consider it as a gamble because we knew his antecedent.

“However, it is not about him alone but all the members of the technical crew, from Salisu Yusuf, Allow Agu to the least backroom staff. I must also admit that we have mother luck smiling at us. The technical ability can be 70 or 80 per cent but the prayers from Nigerians also contributed.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt