Wilfred Ndidi skill and goals

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ogasir
Egg
Egg
Wilfred Ndidi skill and goals

Post by ogasir »

[/video]

I did not know he was such a good passer.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Wilfred Ndidi skill and goals

Post by maceo4 »

How will you know if you don't watch him? Its quite obvious if you have seen any of his club games...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Must confess this is my first time seeing his full highlight, this kid needs to be playing for any of the top teams in the world right now, Ndidi is definitely ahead of Onazi right now and should be partnering Mikel in the MF.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chimex101 wrote:Must confess this is my first time seeing his full highlight, this kid needs to be playing for any of the top teams in the world right now, Ndidi is definitely ahead of Onazi right now and should be partnering Mikel in the MF.
ONAZI is always the first we want replaced but history shows that he's to valuable for SE.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

At this trend he will emerge as the best Nigerian player soon.His stocks keep going up. Surely the sky is his limit if he continue growing with such amazing pace.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:Must confess this is my first time seeing his full highlight, this kid needs to be playing for any of the top teams in the world right now, Ndidi is definitely ahead of Onazi right now and should be partnering Mikel in the MF.
ONAZI is always the first we want replaced but history shows that he's to valuable for SE.
Valuable in what practical sense? No player is indispensable for the Eagles, every spot must be earned as the competition is needed! not even Mikel is indispensable...right now Onazi does not seem the type of player that brings that edge of technicality and guile that we see in Ndidi, heck he can't even pass a damn ball to save his life, I like Onazi as a person but we have to give other upcoming midfielders a chance!...we don't just need an energizer bunny who does nothing but misplace passes, if we need that dem plenty for the local league.

Unfortunately for Onazi players in the pecking order of the SE midfield are
1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
5) I'll reserve this spot for Onazi
Last edited by Chimex101 on Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ndidi is a very classy midfielder, passing range, covers a lot of ground and has a good shot on him, but I think we need either Onazi or Etebo to help cover in midfield because Mikel won't. I can see a Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo/Onazi combo working.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chimex101 wrote:
Valuable in what practical sense? No player is indispensable for the Eagles, every spot must be earned as the competition is needed! not even Mikel is indispensable...right now Onazi does not seem the type of player that brings that edge of technicality and guile that we see in Ndidi, heck he can't even pass a damn ball to save his life, I like Onazi as a person but we have to give other upcoming midfielders a chance!...we don't just need an energizer bunny who does nothing but misplace passes, if we need that dem plenty for the local league.

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
just watch the wc game vs France before and after Onazi was surgically eliminated by Matuidi.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

maceo4 wrote:
Ndidi is a very classy midfielder, passing range, covers a lot of ground and has a good shot on him, but I think we need either Onazi or Etebo to help cover in midfield because Mikel won't. I can see a Mikel, Ndidi, Etebo/Onazi combo working.
Maybe an Onazi/Etebo combo will work...one to break down the opponents (Onazi) and the other to cover ground like Kante does with good passing vision and some attacking edge to him (Etebo), surely Mikel and Ndidi will be the best midfield duo for the SE, Etebo is also up there among the best of our cream.
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
just watch the wc game vs France before and after Onazi was surgically eliminated by Matuidi.
I watched the game and Onazi was decent, nothing more nothing less...it was our weak bench that killed us more than Onazi's exit.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Ndidi scored in a cup game, today as well.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

The only advantage Onazi has over Ndidi is experience.
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chimex101 wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
I watched the game and Onazi was decent, nothing more nothing less...it was our weak bench that killed us more than Onazi's exit.

Two years later u call him decent. On game day he was immense. Watch again and shine ya eye before u watch.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Disappointing. I thought I was going to watch another Jay in the making! I didn't see anything spectacular.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Igugu wrote:Disappointing. I thought I was going to watch another Jay in the making! I didn't see anything spectacular.

He's a defender.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leicester City are in advanced talks with Genk over a £14m deal for 19-year-old defender Wilfred Ndidi. (Telegraph)
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Seems like he is moving to Leicester

Leicester close in on Wilfred Ndidi in £14m deal with Genk

Leicester are in talks to make Wilfred Ndidi, the 19-year-old Genk and Nigeria midfielder/defender, their first January signing Credit: AFP

John Percy

30 November 2016 • 1:34pm

Leicester City are in advanced talks with Genk over a £14 million deal for Wilfred Ndidi, as Claudio Ranieri prepares to strengthen the struggling Premier League champions.

Ranieri is close to completing a deal for the highly-rated teenager and expects to make Ndidi Leicester’s first capture of the January transfer window.
Wilf Ndidi, second right, is congratulated by team-mates after scoring for Genk in the Europa League game against Athletic Bilbao
Wilf Ndidi, second right, is congratulated by team-mates after scoring for Genk in the Europa League game against Athletic Bilbao Credit: AFP/Ander Gillena

Negotiations are ongoing but Leicester are confident of signing the 19-year-old in the New Year in a deal which could rise to £16 million after instalments.

Ndidi can play in the centre of defence or as a midfielder in front of the back four and Ranieri believes his versatility could be crucial over the second half of the season.

Leicester captain Wes Morgan and Robert Huth have struggled at times during the club’s title defence but there has been a distinct lack of alternative options for the title holders.

Ndidi’s reputation is already impressive since he made his debut for Nigeria in October last year and Leicester are putting the finishing touches to a deal. It could even be announced within the first week of the January window.

Leicester’s recruitment has been under scrutiny this season after a number of signings failed to hit the ground running, yet Ndidi would represent a serious coup.

Ranieri is also likely to target a creative midfielder and a winger to strengthen his squad, who are currently two points above the bottom three.

Bartosz Kapuskta, who is yet to make a single appearance since his summer move from Cracovia, is poised to move out on loan in the New Year.
Watch | 14_Burt on how Bale could be the footballer to break into this list in the next five years.-.mp4
03:43

Leonardo Ulloa is also likely to leave if an acceptable offer is received, with Sunderland, Swansea and Hull City set to renew their interest when the transfer window opens.

Ranieri takes his team to Sunderland this weekend demanding a response from his players after warning they are in a relegation battle.

“Every day is a big, big match for us,” he said. “I am confident that we will work so hard with a strong mentality, because now we have to live in two ways. One Champions League, one Premier League.

“In the Champions League we are so happy, in Premier League we aren't happy. It is important to be focused on the Premier League. We have to focus on what happens in the league.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... deal-genk/
I am happy
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
Onazii was great during ANC 2013, and much was expected of him thereafter. He went on from there and was also indispensable during the 2014 WC, a vital pivot for the team. But he has seriously regressed since then (with Lazio being happy to part with him), and seems technically out of place in the current SE. At 5 of the above list I would currently rate Azubuike Okechukwu much above him, even John Ogu and Anderson Esiti. If Kelechi Nwakali progresses as he should, then unless Onazi's form seriously improves even a place in the 2018 WC squad (should we qualify) would become most questionable.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
Onazii was great during ANC 2013, and much was expected of him thereafter. He went on from there and was also indispensable during the 2014 WC, a vital pivot for the team. But he has seriously regressed since then (with Lazio being happy to part with him), and seems technically out of place in the current SE. At 5 of the above list I would currently rate Azubuike Okechukwu much above him, even John Ogu and Anderson Esiti. If Kelechi Nwakali progresses as he should, then unless Onazi's form seriously improves even a place in the 2018 WC squad (should we qualify) would become most questionable.
Point of correction, Lazio did not want him to leave. Onazi has played very well in the SE's last 2 matches but CEs as always believe that new is better than old. CEs tend to forget that Onazi is just 23 years old and not a veteran.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Leicester increase offer for Genk midfielder Wilfred Ndidi as Claudio Ranieri bids to bolster squad
The Foxes have raised the stakes after opening the bidding with a £16m approach for the Nigeria international

By Adrian Kajumba

20:41, 30 NOV 2016Updated20:42, 30 NOV 2016

Leicester have stepped up their pursuit of Wilfred Ndidi (Photo: Reuters)

Leicester have increased their offer for Genk anchorman Wilfred Ndidi to £20m.

The Foxes have raised the stakes after opening the bidding with a £16m approach for the Nigeria international.

Genk are determined to drive a hard bargain knowing Ndidi, 19, has caught the eye of a number of clubs including Chelsea and Tottenham.

But Leicester are trying to steal a march on their rivals with the early move and are confident of landing Ndidi when the transfer window reopens next month.

Boss Claudio Ranieri has earmarked Ndidi as his long-term replacement for N’Golo Kante who quit the champions to join league leaders Chelsea last summer.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-9368043
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Genk Midfielder Ndidi Is A Better Tackler Than Manchester United Superstar Paul Pogba
Published: November 30, 2016
Genk Midfielder Ndidi Is A Better Tackler Than Manchester United Superstar Paul PogbaNigeria international Wilfred Ndidi has the best tackle success rate in the UEFA Europa League this season.

According to the statisticians at whoscored.com, the versatile Racing Genk midfielder has won 56 tackles and interceptions in the competition, more than any other player.

Ndidi screened the Racing Genk defense in group games against Rapid Vienna (2), Sassuolo and Athletic Bilbao (2), and the goalkeeper conceded nine goals in total in the five matches he was involved.

The Nath Boys product is also doing a great job offensively, netting two goals out of eleven the Belgian side have scored in the Europa League.

Based on the Europa League ratings only, Ndidi is a better tackler than Paul Pogba (Manchester United), Daniele De Rossi (AS Roma), Pierre-Emile Höjbjerg (Southampton) and Mehmet Topal (Fenerbahce).

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
I am happy
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
Point of correction, Lazio did not want him to leave. Onazi has played very well in the SE's last 2 matches but CEs as always believe that new is better than old. CEs tend to forget that Onazi is just 23 years old and not a veteran.
Not really accurate. He had ceased to become a first team player at Lazio, and the issue was more to do with money (the asking price). Onazi was on the lookout for a new club at the end of last season following limited opportunities at Lazio where he made only 11 appearances during that season. He eventually went to Trabzonspor (currently 14th out of 18 in the Turkish Super Lig and not considered to be at the same level as Lazio) for I think Euro 5m (compare this to the asking price of Ndidi). It is obvious that his trajectory is on the decline, and it seems he owes his current place in SE to past reputation. This place is unfortunately not supported by cold facts.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Sheikh wrote:
Dammy wrote:
Sheikh wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:

1) Mikel (c)
2) Ndidi
3) Etebo
4) Iwobi
Not really accurate. He had ceased to become a first team player at Lazio, and the issue was more to do with money (the asking price). Onazi was on the lookout for a new club at the end of last season following limited opportunities at Lazio where he made only 11 appearances during that season. He eventually went to Trabzonspor (currently 14th out of 18 in the Turkish Super Lig and not considered to be at the same level as Lazio) for I think Euro 5m (compare this to the asking price of Ndidi). It is obvious that his trajectory is on the decline, and it seems he owes his current place in SE to past reputation. This place is unfortunately not supported by cold facts.
He had become a first team regular following the departure of Pioli, starting 9 out of their last 10 games in the previous season. The new manager wanted to keep him and while I agree that Trabzonspor are not at the same level as Lazio, clubs from France, Germany and Italy are scouting Onazi and I expect him to move back to a top league at the end of the season.
I am happy