NFF rekindles interest in Aogo, Onuoha, others

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Zelex
Egg
Egg
NFF rekindles interest in Aogo, Onuoha, others

Post by Zelex »

THE technical committee of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) plans to pursue the country's interest in some players of Nigerian descent after the South Africa 2010 World Cup qualifier against Tunisia following FIFA's decision to quash age limit of players who want to change national allegiance.

Under the former rules, players with dual nationality, who had already played for one country's national team at youth level, were not allowed to switch loyalties after their 21st birthday. That rule was changed on Wednesday in the Bahamas when the FIFA Congress removed the age limit, opening the way for many players to get a second chance in international football.

According to an NFF technical committee member, who pleaded anonymity, the board will look at the suitability of some of the players of Nigerian descent for coach Shaibu Amodu's team and advise the coach to add them to his programme.

"It is too late to begin to talk of new players for the team now because preparations for the games against Kenya and Tunisia have reached advanced stage. But we will surely pursue the case after the game against Tunisia," the source said.

Hamburg of Germany star, Dennis Aogo, and West Ham's Carlton Cole were once invited to the Super Eagles only to be ruled out by the old FIFA law. Other players that may get the committee's attention include Manchester City's Nedum Onuoha and Newcastle's Shola Ameobi.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/a ... ate=050609

What do u peeps think?
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NFF rekindles interest in Aogo, Onuoha, others

Post by cchinukw »

Shola Ameobi is used goods. Spit throway. The only prospect that interests me in England is Victor Moses. Period. We can continue our pursuit of Denise Aogo but will he blend easily into the Nigerian team? I do not think so.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

cchinukw wrote:Shola Ameobi is used goods. Spit throway. The only prospect that interests me in England is Victor Moses. Period. We can continue our pursuit of Denise Aogo but will he blend easily into the Nigerian team? I do not think so.
What about Onuoha?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Zelex wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Shola Ameobi is used goods. Spit throway. The only prospect that interests me in England is Victor Moses. Period. We can continue our pursuit of Denise Aogo but will he blend easily into the Nigerian team? I do not think so.
What about Onuoha?
For defense? Where him wan play? We don't need him. We dash am to England :laugh:

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Kaii make them leave these guys alone and concentrate on the big picture ahead.. NFF... Small time now dem go begin dey cry sey PTF people dey intrude on them....
Soldier of Fortune...
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

We dont need Amebo abeg, but we can continue to monitor the progress of Onuoha, Aogo and Moses, afterall dem be Naija too, but yeah after the Tunisia game is good.....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

MI5 wrote:Kaii make them leave these guys alone and concentrate on the big picture ahead.. NFF... Small time now dem go begin dey cry sey PTF people dey intrude on them....
There is nothing wrong with the report, that is what i expect the Technical Commitee to be doing in co-operation with the technical crew. Common M15 let us try to be objective for once, look at the bigger picture there is nothing wrong here. Yes the PTF is an intruder and will always be, they have no role to play. I dont blame them sha in Nigeria we gather a bunch on jobless people teogether and keep them busy with the task of destroying the nation with cluelessness.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Am unsure the basis of ur assertion. I believe he is probably the most valuable of the lot cus he probably best fits the role Garba Lawal played in the SE. Plus he brings greater pace to the position and better delivery...

cchinukw wrote:Shola Ameobi is used goods. Spit throway. The only prospect that interests me in England is Victor Moses. Period. We can continue our pursuit of Denise Aogo but will he blend easily into the Nigerian team? I do not think so.[/quote]
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
leftee
Egg
Egg

Post by leftee »

Na Omosuzi dem suppose pursue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliot_Omozusi
"If You Need a Helping Hand, You'll Find One at the End of Your Arm"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Here we go again, outsourcing.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

When you say blend, you mean language, right? Coz clearly you cannot be talking about football. The guy is a clean player who will fit in nicely on the left side of midfield :idea:

Competition! I love it :thumbs:
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Victor Moses and Sunny :thumbs:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

I think we have enough backyard talent so any of these foreigners with Nigerian blood really need to be exceptional. They also have to have the personality and commitment to fit in to Nigeria. Makes sense to keep our eyes on them though especially Onuoha, Aogo and even Agbonlahor. Also curious on what is going on with Ruben Okotie.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ghost wrote:I think we have enough backyard talent so any of these foreigners with Nigerian blood really need to be exceptional. They also have to have the personality and commitment to fit in to Nigeria. Makes sense to keep our eyes on them though especially Onuoha, Aogo and even Agbonlahor. Also curious on what is going on with Ruben Okotie.
Agbonlahor already played for England! We can't have him.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

All those boys in Germany & Italy are like Okaka they are mad brain washed & will turn down Nijia flat!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Lets now see what the NFF is going to do.
obote
Egg
Egg

Post by obote »

Undertaker wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think we have enough backyard talent so any of these foreigners with Nigerian blood really need to be exceptional. They also have to have the personality and commitment to fit in to Nigeria. Makes sense to keep our eyes on them though especially Onuoha, Aogo and even Agbonlahor. Also curious on what is going on with Ruben Okotie.
Agbonlahor already played for England! We can't have him.
AGBONLAHOR is useless. we dont need him
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Amebo ke? walahi, if dem invite dat bobo, i go begin support Ingerland
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The only one of them that would benefit Nigeria is Dennis Aogo who would bring some much needed speed into our sluggish and lethargic midfield.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

cchinukw wrote:
Zelex wrote:
What about Onuoha?
For defense? Where him wan play? We don't need him. We dash am to England :laugh:
Wow! What a difference 7 + years make. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Interesting indeed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

There's got to be a sequel to this thread...
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Aogo is not eligible. He played for Germany in the 2010 World Cup third place game against Uruguay. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... s/match_63