CL Draw - Bayern vs Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CL Draw - Bayern vs Arsenal

Post by Lager-back »

kajifu wrote:
wiseone wrote:Apart from Arsenal -v- Bayern there are no other "giant ties". Kai, UEFA's seeding system is scarily efficient. Somehow kept the Big Guns apart from each other; making it virtually certain that only teams from Spain, England, Italy, and Germany will reach the latter stages - as usual.
So what other ties were you expecting?The is no walk away game for any team.Its a balance draw.PSG vs Barca is another tough draw.
Have you seen PSG in ligue one this season ? Barca will tear them a new hole. Whats new
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

wiseone wrote:Apart from Arsenal -v- Bayern there are no other "giant ties". Kai, UEFA's seeding system is scarily efficient. Somehow kept the Big Guns apart from each other; making it virtually certain that only teams from Spain, England, Italy, and Germany will reach the latter stages - as usual.

What's PSG VS BARCA?

I think that's an eye catching tie
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
balo wrote:I knew it would be Bayern all along. Arsenal can beat them. Bayern ain't clicking on all cylinders this season yet.
The Germans are not as good as they were under Pep and I think Arsenal has as good a chance as ever to knock them out. BUT it is FC Bayern Munich and they're coached by a man who knows how to navigate that competition. Should be fun.

Bayern vs Arsenal - ARSENAL
Leicester vs Sevilla - SEVILLA
PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Porto vs Juventus - JUVENTUS
Benfica vs Dortmund - DORTMUND
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO
I like your prediction Oga Plat :thumb: Hope it comes to reality but I will not write Bayern off its more balance context.
Hmmm I doubt Monaco can knock City out,i will not write Leicester out and PSG.
If both sides play to their peak, Bayern will beat Arsenal. I just don't know that Bayern will be at peak until LATE this season. They're still struggling to find what works best POST-Guardiola and that struggle for an identity is made harder by the fact that they MUST also deliver results so what you have is a situation where sometimes one feels they're just grinding out results. Arsenal has a good chance but by no means is Bayern a slouch.

I also agree that City should beat Monaco but remember that Monaco side that knocked out Arsenal? Remember what made them tick? I think they have all that and a bit more sharpness this time around. Simply put, if City make mistakes, they will get punished.

Leicester v Sevilla? At the start of the season, I marked Sevilla as my 'sleeper'. They'll give Leicester something they've not seen before. I think they edge it.

PSG? Barca are going to blow their doors off. PSG are like Bayern, they're struggling with the new coaching transition. Like Bayern except worse.

These are all projections, February is a LONG time away in this sport.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Lager-back wrote:
kajifu wrote:
So what other ties were you expecting?The is no walk away game for any team.Its a balance draw.PSG vs Barca is another tough draw.
Have you seen PSG in ligue one this season ? Barca will tear them a new hole. Whats new
Bros please don't compare league form with CL form,i mean on their good day they can beat Barca,yes I have seen their league standing 3rd :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So I have seen Leicester league standing yet was one of the first team to book their place in round 16 after 4 games.Look how spurs was doing well in league but was out of CL in a more decent group you will expect them to make round 16.
Barca has an edge and even Barca has been poor in league also it will not be an easy tie for Barca.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A game in which Barcelona will be playing as red hot favourites against a rich team from a much weaker league.

anikulapo wrote:

What's PSG VS BARCA?

I think that's an eye catching tie
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
UEFA CL Draw. Arsenal Drew Bayern Munich

Post by Kabalega »

I knew they would draw either Real Madrid or Bayern Munich :shock:

Oops! Thanks mods.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:
balo wrote:I knew it would be Bayern all along. Arsenal can beat them. Bayern ain't clicking on all cylinders this season yet.
The Germans are not as good as they were under Pep and I think Arsenal has as good a chance as ever to knock them out. BUT it is FC Bayern Munich and they're coached by a man who knows how to navigate that competition. Should be fun.

PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO
I like your prediction Oga Plat :thumb: Hope it comes to reality but I will not write Bayern off its more balance context.
If both sides play to their peak, Bayern will beat Arsenal. I just don't know that Bayern will be at peak until LATE this season. They're still struggling to find what works best POST-Guardiola and that struggle for an identity is made harder by the fact that they MUST also deliver results so what you have is a situation where sometimes one feels they're just grinding out results. Arsenal has a good chance but by no means is Bayern a slouch.

I also agree that City should beat Monaco but remember that Monaco side that knocked out Arsenal? Remember what made them tick? I think they have all that and a bit more sharpness this time around. Simply put, if City make mistakes, they will get punished.

Leicester v Sevilla? At the start of the season, I marked Sevilla as my 'sleeper'. They'll give Leicester something they've not seen before. I think they edge it.

PSG? Barca are going to blow their doors off. PSG are like Bayern, they're struggling with the new coaching transition. Like Bayern except worse.

Bro Plat, I love how you conveniently overlooked the wild card factor : the fact that clubs like bayern and PSG are more hungry for CL success this season than winning their respective leagues. Carletto was especially brought in with an eye on potential CL glory having been a proven winner on multiple occasions. My point is when it comes to CL predictions, league form is usually not the best indicator. Chelsea of 2012 (our worst CL squad ever) should give you a better indication. At best it's 50 /50 wrt both match ups with slight edge to bayern and barca.

Pep should outlast Monaco. Bet on it. Them Leicester city Seville fixture is similarly 50/50 tho slight edge to Seville. But Ranieri has been at this level before so I expect them to put up a good fight.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

LCFC v Sevilla

The Best League vs The Tactical League

:thumb:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Arsenal don enter one chance again................... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Kai this is not funny, even if we had come second it would have been from frying pan to fire to face Barca.....Na wah o. :boo: :boo:

It will be settled on the Green, it is a 50/50 for me...this aint Pep's free flowing Bayern.

I see Manure fans who are not there and wont be there next season either are happy, Europa league heavyweights.... :taunt: :taunt:
To God be the glory
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The good news for Arsenal is that at least they do not have to play Barcelona again.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO

When did u watch them last? Did u see them this past weekend against Wolfsburg?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

This Arsenal Bayern stuff is becoming boring cant we play somebody else
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

txj wrote:
platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO

I saw a bit of the Atleti game but the last bundesliga game i watched was their game against leverkusen.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

skillful wrote:This Arsenal Bayern stuff is becoming boring cant we play somebody else
This things are fixed sha :boo: :boo: same with PSG vs Barca
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

green4life wrote:
platinum wrote:
kajifu wrote:
platinum wrote:

PSG vs Barca - BARCA
Leverkusen vs ATM - ATM
Real vs Napoli - REAL
City vs Monaco - MONACO

Bro Plat, I love how you conveniently overlooked the wild card factor : the fact that clubs like bayern and PSG are more hungry for CL success this season than winning their respective leagues. Carletto was especially brought in with an eye on potential CL glory having been a proven winner on multiple occasions. My point is when it comes to CL predictions, league form is usually not the best indicator. Chelsea of 2012 (our worst CL squad ever) should give you a better indication. At best it's 50 /50 wrt both match ups with slight edge to bayern and barca.

Pep should outlast Monaco. Bet on it. Them Leicester city Seville fixture is similarly 50/50 tho slight edge to Seville. But Ranieri has been at this level before so I expect them to put up a good fight.

G4L,

Fair points. Bayern desperately want the UCL where Arsenal's focus may be slightly more about the EPL.
I agree wholly. In the UCL, a month is a long time, I think February is a long way away.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Skylolo wrote:Kai this is not funny, even if we had come second it would have been from frying pan to fire to face Barca.....Na wah o. :boo: :boo:

It will be settled on the Green, it is a 50/50 for me...this aint Pep's free flowing Bayern.

I see Manure fans who are not there and wont be there next season either are happy, Europa league heavyweights.... :taunt: :taunt:
I will take Bayern than Barca so am glad we finish first and we can put up a fight and hope get pass them.
Issue is injury and players form come February will be key to the tie.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

kajifu wrote:
skillful wrote:This Arsenal Bayern stuff is becoming boring cant we play somebody else
This things are fixed sha :boo: :boo: same with PSG vs Barca

It looks fix.... Barcelona vs. PSG has happened 6 times in the last 5 years. Why do Arsenal vs Bayern, Arsenal vs. Barca or Barca vs. PSG keep happening every year if isn't fixed? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
Last edited by Undertaker on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Gotta love Arsenal fans sha. .. Run their smelly mouff every year.

The most funny part is Tunisia Gunner talking about "Lazy sentiment is always want happened in the past will occur in perpetuity." does he realize that arsenal fans have spent the entire past doing exactly what they are doing now? Beating their Chicken chest before being thrown out like a worthless prostitute? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"worthless Prostitute"

coming for same dude that is Jose Mourinho's longest serving concubine that is quite rich..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my comments truly hurt your soul, didnt it? Going to be fooked again in the CL, have a wretched season and finish 4th :rotf: rinse and repeat. Must truly hurt knowing that your club will fail, come what may. You know for a fact your club will NOT Win a major trophy. Fact. :rotf: perhaps, you need to stop spreading your cheeks for that pedophile, wenger. Brainless whore from Tunis
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

danfo driver wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Gotta love Arsenal fans sha. .. Run their smelly mouff every year.

The most funny part is Tunisia Gunner talking about "Lazy sentiment is always want happened in the past will occur in perpetuity." does he realize that arsenal fans have spent the entire past doing exactly what they are doing now? Beating their Chicken chest before being thrown out like a worthless prostitute? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"worthless Prostitute"

coming for same dude that is Jose Mourinho's longest serving concubine that is quite rich..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my comments truly hurt your soul, didnt it? Going to be fooked again in the CL, have a wretched season and finish 4th :rotf: rinse and repeat. Must truly hurt knowing that your club will fail, come what may. You know for a fact your club will NOT Win a major trophy. Fact. :rotf: perhaps, you need to stop spreading your cheeks for that pedophile, wenger. Brainless whore from Tunis
Wow had time to write all that whilst gargling Mourinho's nut sack..well done Kaycee..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

just saw this on twitter. chei
Gooners to beat Bayern
It's the 4th time they've met in the KO stages and they've lost 3 times.
But nobody does 4th better than Arsenal
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:

"worthless Prostitute"

Wow had time to write all that whilst gargling Mourinho's nut sack..well done Kaycee..... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Whore of Tunis, we all know what wenger did to you when you were just a little boy. :rotf: That's why even after all the humiliations, you can't turn against your first! Sewer rat!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?