IS NDIDI REALLY A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT FOR KANTE ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
IS NDIDI REALLY A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT FOR KANTE ?

Post by JACKAL »

I think someone is selling Leicester a bill of goods over here.... Ndidi is a good player but is nowhere in the class of Kante. They are not even the same type of player not to talk of like for like !! I see a lot of Gnashing of teeth here when the dust settles on this one .

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/12/re ... red-ndidi/
Wilfred Ndidi proposed 15 million pounds move to Leicester City is reportedly a done deal as the Nigeria international is presently in England undergoing a medical.

Ndidi was missing from Genk’s training ahead of their cup game against Eupen, and several sources in Belgium confirmed that, the 20 year old is in England for medicals with Leicester City.

He will sign a five year deal reportedly worth £20,000 a week as salary, and his transfer fee could rise to as high as £20 million base on performance.

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri views the Nigerian as a like for like replacement for departed France midfielder N’golo Kante who is now at Chelsea.

Already as reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, he will dorn the jersey number 25 for his new side, when his transfer becomes official in January during the winter transfer window.

More on this story as it develops…..
niyi
Egg
Egg
Re: IS NDIDI REALLY A LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT FOR KANTE ?

Post by niyi »

They're idiots if they haven't scouted him by themselves. I wonder why everyone wants a Kante, people played that position well before Kante
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Already posted this in the Ndidi transfer thread, if you have watched him at all, he is more like Leicester's current DM Amartey than a Kante. So not sure why Kante's name keeps getting brought up, if they want a slightly younger version of Amartey then sure, else they will soon be cursing Ndidi out that he is not who they thought he was. It just seems like the easiest way to sell a non EPL player to an EPL team is to compare them to a well known EPL player that plays the same position. I'm still shocked that when Brown Ideye was having a tough time adjusting to the EPL that his coach would say he hadn't seen him play before he was bought, but he came with high recommendations...like really???
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

If they are looking for a replacement for Kante, then Ndidi is not their player. My concerns about playing Ndidi as a DM is he doesn't seem to cover as much ground and chase down opposing players as effectively as the other top DMs in Europe (e.g Wanyama, Matuidi, Eric Dier, etc). I also do not think that at this point Ndidi has the ability to initiate counter attacks and run comfortably with the ball like some of the more established DMs.

Ndidi seems to be more like a Mikel type player than Kante. Ndidi strengths are his passing and his composure when he wins the ball. He is also able to score the occasional goal from long range shots and set pieces. However, I fear asking him to be the next Kante may be expecting to much.
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

olu wrote:If they are looking for a replacement for Kante, then Ndidi is not their player. My concerns about playing Ndidi as a DM is he doesn't seem to cover as much ground and chase down opposing players as effectively as the other top DMs in Europe (e.g Wanyama, Matuidi, Eric Dier, etc). I also do not think that at this point Ndidi has the ability to initiate counter attacks and run comfortably with the ball like some of the more established DMs.

Ndidi seems to be more like a Mikel type player than Kante. Ndidi strengths are his passing and his composure when he wins the ball. He is also able to score the occasional goal from long range shots and set pieces. However, I fear asking him to be the next Kante may be expecting to much.
And who started the counter attack that led to the third goal against Algeria?
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

ogasir wrote:
olu wrote:If they are looking for a replacement for Kante, then Ndidi is not their player. My concerns about playing Ndidi as a DM is he doesn't seem to cover as much ground and chase down opposing players as effectively as the other top DMs in Europe (e.g Wanyama, Matuidi, Eric Dier, etc). I also do not think that at this point Ndidi has the ability to initiate counter attacks and run comfortably with the ball like some of the more established DMs.

Onazi
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ogasir wrote:

Onazi...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Adisboy wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onazi
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

maceo4 wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onazi...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

ogasir wrote:

did you hear that Ogasir...Na Onazi ! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

I would rather they just allow Ndidi to be Ndidi so he can express his true football character and talent better..all these ''second coming'' of Kante prophecies and mantra's been fore-run by fans of this move are rather too over-bloated and are doing him no favors...Kante was in a class of his own when he was with Leicester and a sudden replacement and replica of him might seem a far-fetched hope, and could end up putting unnecessary pressure on Ndidi considering the price tag and high end expectations, I hope he has a great season with LEICESTER cause I have high hopes in the guy.
Last edited by Chimex101 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Solowe wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
ogasir wrote:

Onazi...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol:
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

It is a win win acquisition for Leisctier whether he plays like Kante or not. I foresee him to surpass whatever Kante achieved with the team. This is a buy they will never regret barring injury . There is no doubt about it Ndidi has all the attributes to be a great and marvelous player.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

niyi wrote:They're idiots if they haven't scouted him by themselves. I wonder why everyone wants a Kante, people played that position well before Kante
This is a strange post given you posted Ndidi stats from his europa league games comparing him to kante (and Onazi). This is Leicester city not ManU, City, Pool, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Spurs. Given the hype, I expect him to be a regular from day one and later progress to bigger and better things. He doesn't have to play like kante but he must be effective at his role. As long as he's regularly effective, it doesn't matter whether he runs at 2 miles an hour, he'll survive at Leicester city.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

green4life wrote:
niyi wrote:They're idiots if they haven't scouted him by themselves. I wonder why everyone wants a Kante, people played that position well before Kante
This is a strange post given you posted Ndidi stats from his europa league games comparing him to kante (and Onazi). This is Leicester city not ManU, City, Pool, Chelsea, Arsenal or even Spurs. Given the hype, I expect him to be a regular from day one and later progress to bigger and better things. He doesn't have to play like kante but he must be effective at his role. As long as he's regularly effective, it doesn't matter whether he runs at 2 miles an hour, he'll survive at Leicester city.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

...just as I was starting to lose all hope of rationality on CE.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:Already posted this in the Ndidi transfer thread, if you have watched him at all, he is more like Leicester's current DM Amartey than a Kante. So not sure why Kante's name keeps getting brought up, if they want a slightly younger version of Amartey then sure, else they will soon be cursing Ndidi out that he is not who they thought he was. It just seems like the easiest way to sell a non EPL player to an EPL team is to compare them to a well known EPL player that plays the same position. I'm still shocked that when Brown Ideye was having a tough time adjusting to the EPL that his coach would say he hadn't seen him play before he was bought, but he came with high recommendations...like really???

His former coach Mcleish is the one who said he is Kante-Lite. All publication have stressed that he "Can" or "has the ability to" be like Kante.

KoC reported he passed his physicals :clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Gotti wrote:
green4life wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

...just as I was starting to lose all hope of rationality on CE.
I KPOM this post.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So is drink water leaving
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Solowe wrote:I think someone is selling Leicester a bill of goods over here.... Ndidi is a good player but is nowhere in the class of Kante. They are not even the same type of player not to talk of like for like !! I see a lot of Gnashing of teeth here when the dust settles on this one .

Wilfred Ndidi proposed 15 million pounds move to Leicester City is reportedly a done deal as the Nigeria international is presently in England undergoing a medical.

Ndidi was missing from Genk’s training ahead of their cup game against Eupen, and several sources in Belgium confirmed that, the 20 year old is in England for medicals with Leicester City.

He will sign a five year deal reportedly worth £20,000 a week as salary, and his transfer fee could rise to as high as £20 million base on performance.

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri views the Nigerian as a like for like replacement for departed France midfielder N’golo Kante who is now at Chelsea.

Already as reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, he will dorn the jersey number 25 for his new side, when his transfer becomes official in January during the winter transfer window.

What a dumb question. The only like for like is the goalie. Not 2 players are the same.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not a fan of Ndidi moving to Leicester. I'm worried that Ndidi may struggle playing as a CM/DM in the EPL, where the game is played at a much faster pace, particularly if he's expected to initiate counter attacks. If you need someone to win tackles make a short outlet pass and hit the occasional long pass then Ndidi is your man. However, if you're looking for someone to initiate attacking runs when he wins the ball, then Ndidi is not your best option. I'm still not convinced that DM/CM is his best position.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Solowe wrote:I think someone is selling Leicester a bill of goods over here.... Ndidi is a good player but is nowhere in the class of Kante. They are not even the same type of player not to talk of like for like !! I see a lot of Gnashing of teeth here when the dust settles on this one .

What a dumb question. The only like for like is the goalie. Not 2 players are the same.
...hehehehehe...Solo baba...where you been dey...? Na you Baba-lawo Emir is calling you here...
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

People are missing the like-for-like point.

One strong black man in for another black man. Simple.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Polly wrote:People are missing the like-for-like point.

One strong black man in for another black man. Simple.
How tall is Ndidi?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar