Pep talk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Pep talk

Post by cic old boy »

This is going to make him even more unpopular with US.
“In many other countries when one guy has the ball at his feet the people know what is going to happen. Here the football is more unpredictable because the ball is in the air more than on the floor. I only needed to see one game to understand English football: Swansea 5 Crystal Palace 4. Nine goals, eight from set pieces. That is English football and I have to adapt.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -city-form
http://www.naijiant.com/
jb
Egg
Egg
Re: Pep talk

Post by jb »

cic old boy wrote:This is going to make him even more unpopular with US.
“In many other countries when one guy has the ball at his feet the people know what is going to happen. Here the football is more unpredictable because the ball is in the air more than on the floor. I only needed to see one game to understand English football: Swansea 5 Crystal Palace 4. Nine goals, eight from set pieces. That is English football and I have to adapt.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... -city-form
Army vs soldiers
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

if football in England is so unsophisticated, winning the premier league with a billion dollar squad should be a cake walk for a sophisticated bobo like Pep
unless by "unpredictable" he means something else.
In any case, Conte seems to be coping well with football in this country.
Pep needs to stop making excuses. He has had more than enough time and money to "adapt"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Man city defence is useless, their goal keeper is even more useless, pep is trying to bring in the Barcelona style where they keep possession so you hardly find out their short comings, only issue is the premiership is full of running, so every team is more than likely to expose defences, Vardy for example was always going to expose the city defence, his game is all about pace and finishing, something city were never going to be able to handle
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Pep is right. EPL is fun but it certainly isn't as good as laliga in quality.
OCCUPY NFF!!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I suspect Pep is doing his best not to accept opinion of many that the English League is tougher than LaLiga where he made his name at the same time, trying to explain why he's not having it easy in the EPL
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this is what happens when WE-pocrites pick and choose. The Revolution also had this to say....
“We have to cut out some of our mistakes but the main thing in English football is controlling the second ball. Without that you cannot survive. The second goal at Leicester came from a throw-in, the second ball was a goal.
Yes gringo. In the NDL, the 2nd ball is to ponce around and do fancy tricks.

Chat sh it get banged. You have to defend. defend_every_ball

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

English footie = stand it up for the big fella and feed off the scraps from the knockdowns.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:English footie = stand it up for the big fella and feed off the scraps from the knockdowns.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

Revolutionizing English Football #1: replacing a GK who is not good with his feet, with one who is not good with his hands and feet

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cic old boy wrote:English footie = stand it up for the big fella and feed off the scraps from the knockdowns.
Yep, considering most of the managers are the best Europe and South America could offer and the players are more European than English, I suspect you're still playing that gramophone :tic: :taunt:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Pep is right. EPL is fun but it certainly isn't as good as laliga in quality.
well the spanish sides, at least the top ones always have the measure of the English sides, they have the stats to show for it
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chei tfco don shut down the op
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

smartbrother wrote:if football in England is so unsophisticated, winning the premier league with a billion dollar squad should be a cake walk for a sophisticated bobo like Pep
unless by "unpredictable" he means something else.
In any case, Conte seems to be coping well with football in this country.
Pep needs to stop making excuses. He has had more than enough time and money to "adapt"
Since when did unpredictable mean unsophisticated? These words are more antonyms than synonyms.
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh wrote: Yep, considering most of the managers are the best Europe and South America could offer and the players are more European than English, I suspect you're still playing that gramophone :tic: :taunt:
In England, you play like the English. Borinho and Drogba are good examples.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
pajimoh wrote: Yep, considering most of the managers are the best Europe and South America could offer and the players are more European than English, I suspect you're still playing that gramophone :tic: :taunt:
In England, you play like the English. Borinho and Drogba are good examples.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
all these English Kick & Rush coaches, influenced by luminaries such as Jose and AN1

1. Di Matteo
2. Benitez
3. Klopp
4. Laudrup
5. Wenger
6. Conte
7. Ancelotti
8. Scolari
9. Ranieri
10. LVG
11. Poch
12. AVB
13. Grant
14. Mancini
15. Pellers
16. Bilic

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Revolutionizing English Football #2: Mugged by Chelsea at The Etihad, requests rule change 3 days later

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Manure vs the Arse this season = the Arse bus-parking, goal scored from standing it up at the back stick for the big fella. I watched the Arse vs Everton last night - 2 foreign coaches serving up full English. In England you play like the English. Pep's trying to change that with Bravo, Stones, playing from the back, etc and he's losing what's left of his hair. He either changes the game or the game changes him.
fledy
Egg
Egg

Post by fledy »

I am on Pep's side with this one. The only reason pesin dey watch EPL is because if the Nigerian players playing in it. Sorry folks I speak for my self. Nothing interesting about the EPL
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

pep begging for more time before the dreaded vote of confidence

Pep Guardiola: Manchester City manager asks for time to succeed after poor run

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38306960
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola says he does not know if he will be given the time he needs to build a successful team at Etihad Stadium.

Defeat by Leicester on Saturday was City's second in a row in the league - the first time they have lost back-to-back league games under Guardiola.

They trail league leaders Chelsea by seven points and have won four of their past 15 games in all competitions.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The english are wicked sha. Look at how they have reduced the bald arrogant b1tch to begging. Pep who was shouting at referees and sacking club doctors while raising his skinny shoulders is here begging and looking wretched. And christmas period never come? ! By the end of season, i predict the guy will ask for another 1 year holiday. :rotf: :rotf:

Should have stayed in Germany or gone to Portugal to coach Porto :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

fledy wrote:I am on Pep's side with this one. The only reason pesin dey watch EPL is because if the Nigerian players playing in it. Sorry folks I speak for my self. Nothing interesting about the EPL
That is fine. But for every one of you there are 100's who think otherwise :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

fledy wrote:I am on Pep's side with this one. The only reason pesin dey watch EPL is because if the Nigerian players playing in it. Sorry folks I speak for my self. Nothing interesting about the EPL
please what is Pep's side? :roll:

pesin wey get 4-1-9 posts. Hope your next post is not as fraudulent as the above.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

tfco wrote:
please what is Pep's side? :roll:

pesin wey get 4-1-9 posts. Hope your next post is not as fraudulent as the above.
I kpom this post. It's certainly s 4-1-9 post or how could someone watch EPL matches because of Naija players and then gives an overview of the league that there's nothing interesting in the league?

Nothing wey we no go read for this board.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe