Pep talk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Pep talk

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Interesting. He lost to Claudio Ranieri, an Italian. He has also lost to Pochettino, an Argentinian. He has also lost to Antonio Conte, an Italian. He has also lost to Wenger, a Frenchman.

The EPL is no longer an English game. It is a mixture with each club having different identities depending on their manager. I wonder what will happen when City meets Liverpool.
You guessed right, he lost as well :laugh:
He has now lost to Ronald Koeman, a Dutchman and of course Jurgen Klopp, a German.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:English footie = stand it up for the big fella and feed off the scraps from the knockdowns.
4 knockdowns against The Blues

Not a Big Fella in sight.

The Revolution setting records. You vanishing from your own [daft] thread

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The Revolution Pens A Letter

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

tfco wrote:
cic old boy wrote:English footie = stand it up for the big fella and feed off the scraps from the knockdowns.
4 knockdowns against The Blues

Not a Big Fella in sight.

The Revolution setting records. You vanishing from your own [daft] thread

Lookman was wee guy, :D :D
Oya back to the matter
open and close
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Any insight on why he spells his name "Lookman" rather than "Lukman"?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Pep Guardiola: ‘Maybe I am not good enough for Manchester City’

The problems are mounting for Pep Guardiola. On Friday he described himself as “maybe not good enough” for Manchester City, a clear indication of the pressure he is feeling, and on Saturday he faces the Premier League’s most in-form team in a game he can ill afford to lose.
The Revo-speak

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I am now wary. I remember AVB's start and of course the next match was vs. Man Utd at OT with Fergie at the helm. Well we know what happened - Spurs crushed Man Utd and then went from there.

Pep is now officially a very dangerous man. He has his back against the wall and now I am absolutely unsure of what he is going to pull out of the hat. I am glad that Pochettino views it the same way,
“Guardiola won 21 titles. Me still none,” he says. “I have not changed my admiration for him. I understand that you can win or lose in football. But in the process at Man City he needs time. He doesn’t need to show his real quality. He showed enough in Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Sometimes you have to manage expectations – you cannot win titles after a few months. You have to wait until the end. I am sure Guardiola will fight with Man City at the end for big things.”
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Cristao II wrote:I am now wary. I remember AVB's start and of course the next match was vs. Man Utd at OT with Fergie at the helm. Well we know what happened - Spurs crushed Man Utd and then went from there.
Pep is now officially a very dangerous man.
very strange post.
Didnt AvB get sacked after less than one season at both spurs and chelsea?
If AvB is anything to go by, the only thing in danger here is Pep's career
That said Spurs are such a mentally pathetic team they will probably roll over at the etihad today
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

smartbrother wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I am now wary. I remember AVB's start and of course the next match was vs. Man Utd at OT with Fergie at the helm. Well we know what happened - Spurs crushed Man Utd and then went from there.
Pep is now officially a very dangerous man.
very strange post.
Didnt AvB get sacked after less than one season at both spurs and chelsea?
If AvB is anything to go by, the only thing in danger here is Pep's career
That said Spurs are such a mentally pathetic team they will probably roll over at the etihad today
It is only strange to those who think they understand all about human beings and lack respect for others. You would kill to have AVB's career. AVB spent more than one season at Spurs. Simple parallel - AVB took over Spurs. Spurs had a run of poor results. There was talk of getting rid of him. However one match changed all that - Spurs vs Man Utd - the game that retired Rio Ferdinand. Spurs won and the season improved. Similar with Pep - Man City are being yabbed left right and center. The manager has hit rock bottom and has now indirectly challenged his players.

If Spurs lose today, it says nothing about their mental strength. Every team loses once in a while. City are not slouches.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Cris, surely yours is not so misguided a disposition as to assume The Suicidals lack the full valour of their measure? Last season, they downed their tools when it mattered most. Today, against a wounded animal, they have the chance to inflict great injury and in doing so, make a great statement. If they fail to do so, it will not be for a lack of quality rather its application and that, is near entirely, a matter of the mind.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:@Cris, surely yours is not so misguided a disposition as to assume The Suicidals lack the full valour of their measure? Last season, they downed their tools when it mattered most. Today, against a wounded animal, they have the chance to inflict great injury and in doing so, make a great statement. If they fail to do so, it will not be for a lack of quality rather its application and that, is near entirely, a matter of the mind.
You keep regurgitating the same cr@p. The season is about "There can be only one". Everyone keeps talking about Spurs. All Spurs failed to do was delay Leicester' ascension to the throne for a week or two. If Spurs had won all their games and as Leicester did theirs, the gap would still have been 7 points. At no time in the season did tottenham ever climbed to the top of the league. It has always been "hope Leicester slip up" but they did not.
Every team was for Leicester fairy tale. The effect of that on how other teams approached their game with them we'll never know.

Just as Spurs had to play in Europe last season and still push in the league, where is Leicester now having to juggle both?

Tottenham did not fail to win the league, they failed to delay the inevitable. The only failure is losing second spot. That may be down to mental frailty or inexperience but these are situations that builds character.
Everyone expects the usual suspects to resume their dominance this season but guess who is still in their midst, punching above their weight - yes you guessed it, the so called suicidals.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Cristao II wrote: Simple parallel - AVB took over Spurs. Spurs had a run of poor results. There was talk of getting rid of him. However one match changed all that - Spurs vs Man Utd - the game that retired Rio Ferdinand. Spurs won and the season improved..
...then he got sacked for being an abject failure
By that analogy Pep is destined for disaster.
AvB failed at Chelsea then at Spurs. Spurs is understandable because they are an inherently useless side.
Doesnt matter how good the coach or players are, they are doomed to fail because they lack mental strength as a institution.His failure at cHelsea on the other hand was unforgivable. As soon as he left they regrouped and went on to win the champions league
I hope you are not Pep's go to guy for motivational speeches.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Pajimoh, be still, Tottenham chose to surrender rather than stay the distance no matter how unlikely the triumph. One has said, for some time, there are few sides as near complete as The Suicidals. That is not to say they have the monopoly mega talents, but a very well constructed 11, a purposefully assembled 11 that could achieve much more than the self-limiting unambitious aims of their supporters. That you have considered the pursuits, punching above their weight, says it all. Ridiculous.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

smartbrother wrote:
Cristao II wrote: Simple parallel - AVB took over Spurs. Spurs had a run of poor results. There was talk of getting rid of him. However one match changed all that - Spurs vs Man Utd - the game that retired Rio Ferdinand. Spurs won and the season improved..
AvB failed at Chelsea then at Spurs. Spurs is understandable because they are an inherently useless side.
Doesnt matter how good the coach or players are, they are doomed to fail because they lack mental strength as a institution.His failure at cHelsea on the other hand was unforgivable. As soon as he left they regrouped and went on to win the champions league
I know the kind of mental nitwit that I am talking to when he calls a side that regularly over achieves a useless side. Don't bother replying. I don't think we will have an intelligent discussion.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Coach wrote:@Pajimoh, be still, Tottenham chose to surrender rather than stay the distance no matter how unlikely the triumph. One has said, for some time, there are few sides as near complete as The Suicidals. That is not to say they have the monopoly mega talents, but a very well constructed 11, a purposefully assembled 11 that could achieve much more than the self-limiting unambitious aims of their supporters. That you have considered the pursuits, punching above their weight, says it all. Ridiculous.
It must be true because Coach said so. Pajimoh you are casting pearls among people who have already made up their minds.

They think Spurs are not doing well because the fans believe we need a stronger squad.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Coach wrote:@Pajimoh, be still, Tottenham chose to surrender rather than stay the distance no matter how unlikely the triumph. One has said, for some time, there are few sides as near complete as The Suicidals. That is not to say they have the monopoly mega talents, but a very well constructed 11, a purposefully assembled 11 that could achieve much more than the self-limiting unambitious aims of their supporters. That you have considered the pursuits, punching above their weight, says it all. Ridiculous.
It is obvious you think the likes of Aguero is the same as other strikers in the league. Why would a team spend so much money on Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Bale, Ronaldo etc. The fact is some teams will underachieve based on what they have and some will overachieve based on what they do not have.
You can try and spin it which ever way you see fit.
Both Leicester and Spurs overachieved last season because even you, I'm sure did not predict, at the beginning of the season, that it would turn out as such. In fact who did?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Cristao II wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
I know the kind of mental nitwit that I am talking to when he calls a side that regularly over achieves a useless side. Don't bother replying. I don't think we will have an intelligent discussion.
hmm so emotional
i dont know why
maybe because the truth is bitter.
spurs regularly achieves" ? pls stop lying
the last time spurs won a serious title was 27 years ago.
one measly fa cup trophy in 27 years is what you call "regular over achievement"?
a team that has enjoyed the services of modric, bale, etc over the years
lol You must be drunk
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

smartbrother wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
hmm so emotional
i dont know why
one measly fa cup trophy in 27 years is what you call "regular over achievement"?
lol You must be drunk
In most European leagues you have two or three top teams. The ready are never allowed to build a stable team long enough to challenge them. Europe wide, you have two to four teams that can attract the best from any league around the world.
Yes we had Bale and Modric. How long did that last? Did we want to sell? You talk like you don't know the system.

No matter how much s club tries to hold on, a player will go if he wants to.
Even now the press are already suggesting Kane, Alli etc should move to this and that club. There are hidden agendas everywhere.
So don't make it sound like most clubs outside the top two are able to hold on to their players in order to build a winning team.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

smartbrother wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
hmm so emotional
i dont know why
lol You must be drunk
Pure example of why I think you are a nitwit just looking to troll. I will not discuss with someone unable to think without bias. It is fruitless and stupid.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote: Pep's setbacks in the league do not mask the fact that EPL is simply not that good. That said, Pep has issues with his defense. If he can work this out, City may even win the league. There are 23 games left to play :idea:
you speaka da truth - NEVER

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

"There is not another competition in the world with six strong teams fighting for one position - not in Spain nor Germany," Guardiola added.

"It is so clear that here, every season will be tougher and tougher to qualify for the Champions League.

"It is important to be in it for many reasons, to grow and to enjoy the big moments. We have got three games left and it is in our hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39831018

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8