Pep talk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Pep talk

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sep 2016 - La Révolucion has never had a good start as this

Dec 2016 - He needs more time.
Both are factual.

PS: I didn't actually say he needs time (which coach doesn't need time?), more specifically he needs the players that can keep the ball like he wants.
Did he need more time when he "had never had a good start as this?" [Sep 2016]

Or does he need more time now that "he needs players that can keep the ball like he wants"? [Dec 2016]

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Season 1 in Germany After 16 games
1. 7 points ahead
2. +34 GD (yes, thirty four GD)
3. on course for 19 game winning run

Season 1 in England After 16 games
1. 7 points behind leaders
2. +15 GD
3. 4th place
4. give him more time

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chicken George fighting for his master! Oh! How magnificent must the master feel that boy George defends his honor! Ewu chicken George LOL
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote: Did he need more time when he "had never had a good start as this?" [Sep 2016]

Or does he need more time now that "he needs players that can keep the ball like he wants"? [Dec 2016]
Can you read or is it over your head? I didn't claim he needed time (but every coach needs time).

Green4Life said
I don't see City being molded into an EPL version of barca - a team that rarely adjusts it's philosophy for any opponent. Even in Germany, he made adjustments to his philosophy so, I expect him to adjust his philosophy to the English league in due time.
I replied:
Pep will build a City team that plays the way he wants to play. The problem isn't the EPL, but that he needs the type of players that can play the way he wants. He changed the way Bayern played, he will do the same with City.
So I was disagreeing with the claim that Pep would change his philosophy. I said he would get the players that fit the way he wants to play rather than change to fit with the players he has.

This has nothing to do with your song and dance.
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

still waiting for the Welcome?

or do WE also need more time?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:still waiting for the Welcome?

After suggesting I was saying he needs time, time for you to shift to another idiocy.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
tfco wrote:still waiting for the Welcome?

After suggesting I was saying he needs time, time for you to shift to another idiocy.
another idiocy being....waiting to Welcome La Revolution?

or does the Welcome Party need...more time?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Time to not feed the troll.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

deanotito wrote:I don't understand why Pep never resists the temptation to take a dig at the style of football played in England. Its the height of arrogance to constantly try to needle the standard of the league.

He's a great coach, but he needs to self-censor....all this is a bit silly
Yep i also don't understand why he does this, he doesn't need to do it, we already know he can coach teams that play good football, but he must understand there are others coaches who were doing this in England before he even started his coaching career.

Sometimes it's as if Pep reads Cybereagles anti-EPL posts by Yujam and CiC :rotf:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

cic old boy wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
No they wont. Not with the more even financial field in the EPL and the tougher games. They will win some but a league with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool, Man City is not a league that one walks over.
These arguments are redundant. I once had to post the record of Spanish teams against English opposition in European competitions and it didn't support your position. Head to heads b/w Real/Barca and English opposition have usually been in favour of the Spanish. The record of the Arse, Manure and City (with exception of the last game) against Barca has been embarrassingly one-sided. Only Chelski have put up a real fight.

So on the basis their European record head to head, I think Real/Barca will win most games against the teams you mentioned. I guess the tricky games are at the Britannia on a cold night. :lol:
CIC, This is the kinda logic that Pep had in his head before he came to Man City.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:Time to not feed the troll.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Sep 2016 - opens thread about Welcoming La Revolucion

Dec 2016: opens thread complaining about the league

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

One red. Seven bookings at The Britannia. :clap: #passion.

Its coming home,
Its coming home,
Its coming,
Football's coming home!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

In the words of Albert Johnson, Thun and Kicko "And it come right back around to the ground on it. now its time to face your opponent".

The one everybody's been waiting for, Peperenpe brings his baby o, before the mighty Beloved. Needless to say, after City are smashed, the camel's back will bend to such degree od lordosis as to have the P60 begin counting the dirham.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cic don pick race from him own thread :rotf: tfco nah yeye person
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:Manure vs the Arse this season = the Arse bus-parking, goal scored from standing it up at the back stick for the big fella. I watched the Arse vs Everton last night - 2 foreign coaches serving up full English. In England you play like the English. Pep's trying to change that with Bravo, Stones, playing from the back, etc and he's losing what's left of his hair. He either changes the game or the game changes him.
La Révolution (0-1) Arse

direct football = 1 offside goal
tippy happy = no goal

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ped talk

Pedro names toughest Premier League opponent

Alex Young

12:43 Premier League Share

   0

Getty Images

The former Barcelona man was most surprised by Tottenham left-back Danny Rose and rates him as the hardest player he has come up against

Pedro has named Danny Rose as the toughest opponent he has faced in the Premier League.

'Alli worth more than £50m'

The former Barcelona man has rediscovered his best form after a lacklustre debut campaign in English football, becoming a key performer in Antonio Conte's 3-4-3 approach at Chelsea.

Pedro has four goals in his name this season, the pick of the bunch being a 25-yard strike against Tottenham, as Chelsea set the pace at the top of the Premier League under their new manager.

The 29-year-old spoke about his experiences in the Premier League in an in-depth interview with the Telegraph, with interviewer Matt Law revealing Pedro revealed that Spurs left-back Rose took him by surprise most in England and rates him very highly.

On Chelsea's current 12-game winning run, Pedro told the Telegraph: "It's not new for me, but it's difficult in this league. It's different here. At Barcelona, it's normal to win most of the games and sometimes it's too easy.

RUMOURS: Chelsea want £35m-rated Hernandez

"But the Premier League is very competitive and strong, and for this reason, 11 wins is a significant achievement. The record is 14, no? Only three wins more [before their win against Bournemouth], but that will be difficult. It’s a very good objective to get this record.

"It's very different in Spain. Barca have many opportunities all the time to win matches, which in England is very difficult because the challenges are greater. You can see it week after week – the top teams lose to a team near the bottom because everybody is very good and the competition is very tough.”
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

What a header by Wynaldum

1-0 Pool
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Pep on his feet for Pep talk
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Already. If clean sheets are an issue, perhaps Peperenpe might want to consider a mattress protector.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Peperenpe :woot: :lol: :lol: :lol:
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

If Pep open yash today and we and spurs win tomorrow then they are 5th in the table
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

kajifu wrote:If Pep open yash today and we and spurs win tomorrow then they are 5th in the table
They are 5th :scared: