Pep talk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Pep talk

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:
green4life wrote:
Nice try but more like this will make him very unpopular with WE la liga fans (the entire article of the link you posted):
The trouble with WE is that WE see everything from the prism of OUR baseless EPL supremacy. WE don't let the facts get in the way of OUR feel good story about the assumed "bestness" of the EPL. Pep saying this is the worst run of his career doesn't mean the EPL is better ("more competitive") than the other 2 leagues he has worked in. For starters, how does this stance explain Pep also having his the best start in his career in the same EPL?
continue peddling lies and eventually you will believe it's the truth.

Did La Revolution win 10 games on the bounce in The Best League?

Liar Liar Your Blog's On Fire.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

gerrout of the kitchen...HEAT

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

gerrout of the kitchen...HEAT

Wow.
I saw this and wondered what's going on with the guy.
It's never good to see anyone under duress, this is the job he loves and lives for.
Maybe he is trying to be on top of English press, but they may start picking on him
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pepe don tire already :rotf: bobo say e go soon retire
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Gosh, that was a really moody, sarcastic, and surly interview by Pep. I have never seen him like that. It reminded me of an icy interview LVG did a couple of seasons ago:

[/video]
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Pepe don tire already :rotf: bobo say e go soon retire
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The english are very wicked. They have broken this man. In spain, this weakling asked for a sabbatical. ..in england, he is begging for retirement. :blush: :rotf: :rotf:

I wonder how long it will take City fans to start begging for Pellegrini :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Pepe don tire already :rotf: bobo say e go soon retire
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: The english are very wicked. They have broken this man. In spain, this weakling asked for a sabbatical. ..in england, he is begging for retirement. :blush: :rotf: :rotf:

I wonder how long it will take City fans to start begging for Pellegrini :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf:
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wiseone wrote:Gosh, that was a really moody, sarcastic, and surly interview by Pep. I have never seen him like that. It reminded me of an icy interview LVG did a couple of seasons ago:

[/video]

Yep, it's similar.
They smelt blood after and it was downhill from then on.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The Media are moving in for the kill.

A clearly frustrated Pep Guardiola gave a prickly interview to Sky Sports' Rob Palmer after Manchester City's victory over Burnley on Monday afternoon...
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... er-burnley

Pep Guardiola tried to hype up the Man City crowd before the second half started against Burnley – but received a muted response...
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -the-crowd

Petulant Pep?
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was left bemused when he was quizzed by journalists regarding Fernandinho’s red card against Burnley.
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... tulant-pep

Peperende's Vietnam. The unwinnable war.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola 'arriving at end of coaching career.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ing-career

Pep Guardiola says he is coming to the end of his coaching career and admits Manchester City may be one of the last clubs he manages.

The Spaniard won three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues at Barcelona and claimed three successive Bundesliga crowns with Bayern Munich before taking over from Manuel Pellegrini at City in the summer.

Guardiola was involved in frosty post-match interviews following his side's 2-1 win over Burnley on Monday, and prior to the game the 45-year-old revealed he is already planning his exit from coaching.

"What I like is to imagine that the next step can be better - if not, I will not be here," Guardiola told NBC.

"I feel that the the process of my goodbye has already started."

Guardiola added: "I will not be a trainer when I am 60 or 65 years old. Manchester City is three years, or maybe longer, but I am still approaching the end of my career as a manager - I am sure of that."

Cant help but feel this rhetoric will be seized upon by one of the bastions of old and used as cue to start a bit of aggro on the touchline. Four very difficult games coming up for Peperende, fortunately, nil against the Prof or Big Sam. West Ham in the cup won't be easy and Koeman's boys on the blue side of Mersey are fair game. Trying times for Peperende, what state of mind will he be in by the time he arrives at Swansea sugar sugar baby o?

As far as management be concerned, he'll probably bow out of the club game after City, one would imagine, irrespective of how that venture concludes, the Spanish FA will move heaven and earth to have him steer their ship.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Pep needs to step up. I dont think he is used to adversity in club management. I havent seen him in the kinda situation Jose found himself in Chelsea last season. It is another way to judge a man's strength of will and determination.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Dying by his decisions, the irony being, many would've agreed with the dropping of Joe Hart by both club and country. Bravo has come in, been given a huge vote of confidence by his gaffer and responded by letting him down. The Sean Dyches and Moyes haven't helped by creating a them and us atmosphere that wouldn't be out of place on a Brexit campaign. The media have pounced on it and run with it. If that was Pep, we'd all be saying...has become a colloquialism amongst pundits and journalists. Paradoxically, this is Pep, 4 thumping defeats, backed into the corner, soaking up hooks and haymakers with the bell, stall and cold compress far off.

There are those that want to see him fail to place the feather in the cap of the English game, the great all conquering Catalan, crumbled by the indomitable EPL...Peperende knew this, he dipped his toe into the water and saw the skin singed. The water's deep and scorching! Yes, a large slice of the criticism is misplaced but then so too was the exaggeration at the start of his tenure. There was no sulking then when he was up on the scorecards.

Pull ya' frigging finger out. Questions are being asked, prove yourself ya' *kindperson*. The Hawthorns put the Prof in the hot seat, the Master Mason stilled the waters real quick and turned those fires to a hot stone massage.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Coach wrote: Pull ya' frigging finger out. Questions are being asked, prove yourself ya' kind person. The Hawthorns put the Prof in the hot seat, the Master Mason stilled the waters real quick and turned those fires to a hot stone massage.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

He's never been on a training ground in early January.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Had booked a long weekend in Cancun.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Coach wrote:The Media are moving in for the kill.

A clearly frustrated Pep Guardiola gave a prickly interview to Sky Sports' Rob Palmer after Manchester City's victory over Burnley on Monday afternoon...

Pep Guardiola tried to hype up the Man City crowd before the second half started against Burnley – but received a muted response...

Petulant Pep?
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola was left bemused when he was quizzed by journalists regarding Fernandinho’s red card against Burnley.

The knives are being sharpened.

We shall witness how strong Pep is mentally
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The wheels are starting to come off for pep
His unnecessarily complex methods are turning into a liability
Yesterday was a great example
Started out with an inexplicable line up and they struggled against lower opposition
once they were forced to simplify their approach and play their best players they eased their way to victory despite being down to 10 men
A billion dollar team like man city should not be 10 points behind the leaders no excuse
he is mismanaging nacho stones aguero and many others, criticising English football at every turn and behaving like a right diva in his interviews
Someone tell me again why pelligrini was sacked for this guy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^MIsmanaging Iheanacho, how?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Mentally very fragile. Just adapt your tactics. Play tiki taka when it's suitable then when you have to deal with teams that thrive on the second ball, change your personnel and formation. He's even more wack than I thought.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

airwolex wrote:Mentally very fragile. Just adapt your tactics. Play tiki taka when it's suitable then when you have to deal with teams that thrive on the second ball, change your personnel and formation. He's even more wack than I thought.
Airwolex HNY!! I can see that light is regular in Nigeria at the moment and Fashola is "trying" :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Prince wrote:
airwolex wrote:Mentally very fragile. Just adapt your tactics. Play tiki taka when it's suitable then when you have to deal with teams that thrive on the second ball, change your personnel and formation. He's even more wack than I thought.
Airwolex HNY!! I can see that light is regular in Nigeria at the moment and Fashola is "trying" :taunt:
Lol, I've not had time for CE these past months. Hope to be back soon. Light here is like Newyork o. I don't know what is happening. :taunt:
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cristao II wrote:Interesting. He lost to Claudio Ranieri, an Italian. He has also lost to Pochettino, an Argentinian. He has also lost to Antonio Conte, an Italian. He has also lost to Wenger, a Frenchman.

The EPL is no longer an English game. It is a mixture with each club having different identities depending on their manager. I wonder what will happen when City meets Liverpool.
You guessed right, he lost as well :laugh:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:The Media are moving in for the kill.

Petulant Pep?

The knives are being sharpened.

We shall witness how strong Pep is mentally
You can get away with arrogance if you are winning
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

toyin133 wrote:
Cristao II wrote:Interesting. He lost to Claudio Ranieri, an Italian. He has also lost to Pochettino, an Argentinian. He has also lost to Antonio Conte, an Italian. He has also lost to Wenger, a Frenchman.

The EPL is no longer an English game. It is a mixture with each club having different identities depending on their manager. I wonder what will happen when City meets Liverpool.
You guessed right, he lost as well :laugh:
lol OP don pick race

stick to blogging and peddling lies about the President being in a hospital in Weisbaden

Riding on The Revolution's jock is not working for you

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S