Pep talk

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pep talk

Post by benteke »

Cristao II wrote:"There is not another competition in the world with six strong teams fighting for one position - not in Spain nor Germany," Guardiola added.

"It is so clear that here, every season will be tougher and tougher to qualify for the Champions League.

"It is important to be in it for many reasons, to grow and to enjoy the big moments. We have got three games left and it is in our hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39831018

I saw that somewhere and chuckled :biggrin:

Pep has been humbled by the EPL, and now understands why people say its a very difficult league :thumbs:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
Cristao II wrote:"There is not another competition in the world with six strong teams fighting for one position - not in Spain nor Germany," Guardiola added.

"It is so clear that here, every season will be tougher and tougher to qualify for the Champions League.

"It is important to be in it for many reasons, to grow and to enjoy the big moments. We have got three games left and it is in our hands."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39831018

I saw that somewhere and chuckled :biggrin:

Pep has been humbled by the EPL, and now understands why people say its a very difficult league :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Real Talk

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote:This is going to make him even more unpopular with US.
Creates thread

Vanishes when exposed

You're not popular with US

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
Creates thread

Vanishes when exposed

You're not popular with US
CiChicken George. Only popular during christmas :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Dec 13, 2016 - excitedly creates thread

Dec 16, 2016 - exposed and refuses to contribute to said thread.

el pollo come on. YOU ARE NOT POPULAR WITH US

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It is funny how Man Utd fans are trying to convince themselves that they had a good season by putting down the other teams' season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

'A good season' depends on one's definition. A great season generally includes wining the league. 'Good' is less than 'Great'. So a good season in my opinion in relation to a club like ManU must address these concerns:

1. Did we qualify for Champions League - Direct entry to Group stage? YES
2. Did we win any major silverware? YES

In my book ManU had a good season because they achieved their objectives going into the season. The real question is whether a similarly situated club that qualifed for CL but did not win any silverware can claim to have had a better season than ManU. For me, I'd rather my club win silverware AND qualify for CL by hook or crook as Chelsea did in 2012 (wining CL & FA Cup) than merely finishing top 4 with no silverware. There is no comparison. Next season is a fresh season. All clubs start at zero points. A club doesn't get credit nor any silverware merely because they finished 20+ points ahead of ManU.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
Dec 13, 2016 - excitedly creates thread

Dec 16, 2016 - exposed and refuses to contribute to said thread.

el pollo come on. YOU ARE NOT POPULAR WITH US
There is the Supercup still to play for, or does it count as next season's cup since its played in August
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

green4life wrote:'A good season' depends on one's definition. A great season generally includes wining the league. 'Good' is less than 'Great'. So a good season in my opinion in relation to a club like ManU must address these concerns:

In my book ManU had a good season because they achieved their objectives going into the season. The real question is whether a similarly situated club that qualifed for CL but did not win any silverware can claim to have had a better season than ManU. For me, I'd rather my club win silverware AND qualify for CL by hook or crook as Chelsea did in 2012 (wining CL & FA Cup) than merely finishing top 4 with no silverware. There is no comparison. Next season is a fresh season. All clubs start at zero points. A club doesn't get credit nor any silverware merely because they finished 20+ points ahead of ManU.
In my opinion Man United did very well in the cup competitions, arguably unlucky to be knocked out by Chelsea due to the red card but they did deserve it anyway.
I may be getting ahead of myself if I say Mourinho's team may do well in Champions League too if he continues this form :thumbs:
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

green4life wrote:'A good season' depends on one's definition. A great season generally includes wining the league. 'Good' is less than 'Great'. So a good season in my opinion in relation to a club like ManU must address these concerns:

As you clearly stated in the blue font above - it depends on one's definition. It is simple. As stated above, what were the objectives / KPIs at the start of the season? Were those met or bettered?

Going into further deliberations is subjective based on whose perspective is being used.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

benteke wrote:

In my opinion Man United did very well in the cup competitions, arguably unlucky to be knocked out by Chelsea due to the red card but they did deserve it anyway.
I may be getting ahead of myself if I say Mourinho's team may do well in Champions League too if he continues this form :thumbs:
Aye I expect Jose's second season to be much better.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cristao II wrote:It is funny how Man Utd fans are trying to convince themselves that they had a good season by putting down the other teams' season.
Those 2nd rate trophies they won papered over a lot of cracks on that team.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

why bother?

we were sh*t in the league, no question
If Europa Cup did not guarantee CL qualification, i'd say our season was sh*t

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:It is funny how Man Utd fans are trying to convince themselves that they had a good season by putting down the other teams' season.
Those 2nd rate trophies they won papered over a lot of cracks on that team.
:lol:

The last Stan standing

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

cic old boy wrote: PS: I didn't actually say he needs time (which coach doesn't need time?), more specifically he needs the players that can keep the ball like he wants.
He's just signed Bernardo Silva?

Does he keep the ball like Clownio Bravo or does he keep the ball?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they did have a good season, lost the least amount of games in the league.. just had issues converting draws to wins. Qualified for the group stages of the Champs league( there is still a chance pool may play Europa in september) Won 3 cups.... made $$$$$$.. will sign more quality players next season..spurs failed woefully , cannot compete, failed in the Champs league, failed in the Europa league, failed in the FA cup, failed in the league cup and failed in the EPL.. they even played in more competitions compared to the other top 5 teams, but ended up winning nothing
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
they did have a good season, lost the least amount of games in the league.. just had issues converting draws to wins. Qualified for the group stages of the Champs league( there is still a chance pool may play Europa in september) Won 3 cups.... made $$$$$$.. will sign more quality players next season..spurs failed woefully , cannot compete, failed in the Champs league, failed in the Europa league, failed in the FA cup, failed in the league cup and failed in the EPL.. they even played in more competitions compared to the other top 5 teams, but ended up winning nothing
My brother, I wouldn't say that Spurs failed given the average Spurs fan believes that they made their target and they made progress from last season. Spurs performed well relative to prior seasons and normal levels of expectation of the average Spurs fan. That said, from my perspective, Spurs generally likes to lower or manage expectations primarily because they're not used to wining silverware routinely however to win big things, sometimes you need to be bold and accept the pressure and expectation from day 1. This season, Spurs was one of the 3 favorites to win the league along with Arsenal and Liverpool going by the fact that the other 3 clubs had new managers and were likely prone to slow starts. Next season will be a different matter because everyone is set and ready to retool & revamp their squads.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
My brother, I wouldn't say that Spurs failed given the average Spurs fan believes that they made their target and they made progress from last season. Spurs performed well relative to prior seasons and normal levels of expectation of the average Spurs fan. That said, from my perspective, Spurs generally likes to lower or manage expectations primarily because they're not used to wining silverware routinely however to win big things, sometimes you need to be bold and accept the pressure and expectation from day 1. This season, Spurs was one of the 3 favorites to win the league along with Arsenal and Liverpool going by the fact that the other 3 clubs had new managers and were likely prone to slow starts. Next season will be a different matter because everyone is set and ready to retool & revamp their squads.
at the end of the day they won nothing.. finishing 2nd will come to pass, no one remembers such...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tottenham Hotspur - 0 trohpy

Manchester United - 3 trophies

I know you support a club that doesnt know how a trophy looks like. But please dont be silly!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Bro,Spurs failed!

Truth is that the only reason we are having second thoughts is because we usually look at them as a small club who should not be anywhere near were they are. Arsenal will be considered a failure even if they win the FA cup. And you are telling me that Tottenham did not fail?? abegggii
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

green4life wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
My brother, I wouldn't say that Spurs failed given the average Spurs fan believes that they made their target and they made progress from last season. Spurs performed well relative to prior seasons and normal levels of expectation of the average Spurs fan. That said, from my perspective, Spurs generally likes to lower or manage expectations primarily because they're not used to wining silverware routinely however to win big things, sometimes you need to be bold and accept the pressure and expectation from day 1..
:rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Silva, Mendy and Fabinho from Monaco. It seems this is Pep's idea of rebuilding a team? Fleecing a successful team
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

niyi wrote:Silva, Mendy and Fabinho from Monaco. It seems this is Pep's idea of rebuilding a team? Fleecing a successful team
Manchester City have completed a £43m deal for Portugal attacking midfielder Bernardo Silva from French champions Monaco.

The 22-year-old, who will join City on 1 July, said: "I'm now at one of the best teams in the world".

Silva has made 58 appearances for Monaco this season - including two against City in the Champions League - scoring 11 goals and 12 assists.

Pep thinking buying attacker without defender will solve his short coming.You have Silva,KDB and you add same similar player to your team.
Instead of buy proper defender and keeper but mr know it all throwing money at wrong players that are not needed