RIVERS UNITED TIE C.D RODA IN SPAIN (3-3)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
RIVERS UNITED TIE C.D RODA IN SPAIN (3-3)

Post by JACKAL »

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/14/ni ... illarreal/
Nigeria Professional Football League team Rivers United defeated Spanish giants Villarreal 1-0 courtesy of a goal from Ivorian forward Guy Kuemian in the 24th minute.

He headed home a corner kick from Bernard Ovoke for the only goal of the first game of Rivers United tour of Spain, ahead of their campaign in the CAF Champions League.

Although Villarreal rested several of their regulars, they still put up a strong side consisting most of the players who play for their B team and some senior first team players.

Further test games has been lined up against Segunda B clubs, Levante Union Deportiva II and Club Deportivo Alcoyano.

The Rivers United squad will also attend training sessions of a La Liga club (as well as the sessions of the youth teams of the club).

A guided tour to the storied home of reigning European champions, Real Madrid, the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu has also been lined up.

Share this:
Last edited by JACKAL on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RIVERS UNITED BEAT VILLARREAL IN SPAIN (1-0)

Post by anointed »

When was the match played? Viillareal played Atletico on Monday and I doubt, with another game this weekend except if they to play Real, if any of their first teamer could have been on the line up.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Villarreal Academy and reserves, but thier reserves better than NPFL..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Solowe wrote:Image

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/14/ni ... illarreal/
Nigeria Professional Football League team Rivers United defeated Spanish giants Villarreal 1-0 courtesy of a goal from Ivorian forward Guy Kuemian in the 24th minute.

He headed home a corner kick from Bernard Ovoke for the only goal of the first game of Rivers United tour of Spain, ahead of their campaign in the CAF Champions League.

Although Villarreal rested several of their regulars, they still put up a strong side consisting most of the players who play for their B team and some senior first team players.

Further test games has been lined up against Segunda B clubs, Levante Union Deportiva II and Club Deportivo Alcoyano.

The Rivers United squad will also attend training sessions of a La Liga club (as well as the sessions of the youth teams of the club).

A guided tour to the storied home of reigning European champions, Real Madrid, the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu has also been lined up.

Share this:

Just how old is Sunday Rotimi, 54?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Villareal B
I am happy
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

anointed wrote:When was the match played? Viillareal played Atletico on Monday and I doubt, with another game this weekend except if they to play Real, if any of their first teamer could have been on the line up.
https://twitter.com/riversunitedfc ...
didnt you read the article... they played today and player a combination of team A and B players for Villarreal.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Dammy wrote:Villareal B
Its a combination of team A and B players...
Is the result soooo shocking that we dont want to beleive they beat Villarreal ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Solowe wrote:
Is the result soooo shocking that we dont want to beleive they beat Villarreal ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Solowe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: SMH
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Reserved team mixed with some academy players.. Make no mistake, Villarral reserves stronger than most NPFL clubs..
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Solowe wrote:
anointed wrote:When was the match played? Viillareal played Atletico on Monday and I doubt, with another game this weekend except if they to play Real, if any of their first teamer could have been on the line up.
https://twitter.com/riversunitedfc ...
didnt you read the article... they played today and player a combination of team A and B players for Villarreal.
I posted based on what I read in the skewed article. Learn to reason like a football person. That Viillareal played Atletico on Monday is enough for you to have a rethink.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Pace setters. First Nigerian team to beat one of the top teams in the world silly.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Title of the thread is deceiving, it should have read: RIVERS UNITED BEAT VILLARREAL (B-team) IN SPAIN (1-0).
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Pace setters. First Nigerian team to beat one of the top teams in the world silly.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 1Naija, you dey fony no be smol
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Solowe wrote:
Let's be serious guys, common! Which one is combination of A and B again?. It was Villareal B. This does not take away the success of the game or the tour but no need to add sugar. Villareal B play in the Spanish 3rd division which is not a bad league.
yes o
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

[/video]
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Scattered them silly, shakabolah... Up a Rivers United :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

They probably played Villarreal II, a Segunda B team

Segunda B is division III in Spain
Barcelona II, Valencia II & Espanyol II all play in that division
There are 4 leagues in division III, so this Villarreal can be classified as a division 6 team :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

There is no team in Spain called Villarreal B.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

1naija wrote:There is no team in Spain called Villarreal B.
There is.
yes o
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

papilo wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Let's be serious guys, common! Which one is combination of A and B again?. It was Villareal B. This does not take away the success of the game or the tour but no need to add sugar. Villareal B play in the Spanish 3rd division which is not a bad league.
This type of denial in the face of reality is truly unnerving !! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Rawlings wrote:They probably played Villarreal II, a Segunda B team

Segunda B is division III in Spain
Barcelona II, Valencia II & Espanyol II all play in that division
There are 4 leagues in division III, so this Villarreal can be classified as a division 6 team :winking:
Webohene...Denial is not just a river in Egypt :mrgreen:
I know you are smart enough to read what the article says and go check the line-ups of the people who played to refute the story. All this speculation is just that...
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »