Crystal palace VS Man united

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Crystal palace VS Man united

Post by marko »

Good away win for united and hardly fought victory, Zlatan and Pogba provided each other with assists, Bailly seems to be not fully fit, Rooney is finished as a player, we were certainly missing the Armenian, our next 4 games are all games we can win but sometimes football can be so unpredictable, slowly but steady we ate gaining traction now, Zlatna has scored 9 premiership goals, just 3 less than Costa 12, Zlatan will definitely score a lot of goals this season provided he stays fit, Quite nice to see Pogba providing assists now, the fight for the top 4 will be intense
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Crystal palace VS Man united

Post by platinum »

What's going on with United fans? You dey open thread AFTER game? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Good win for your boys, you dominated the game.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I cannot believe no one opened a match thread..what happened to all the manU fans?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Pogba was supposedly unplayable today, opinions of the audience.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Coach wrote:Pogba was supposedly unplayable today, opinions of the audience.

He had a good game. Even Rooney (who was angry when taken off) was good.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oloye wrote:I cannot believe no one opened a match thread..what happened to all the manU fans?
the day i am supposed to work from home....i get pulled into some nonsense meetings in the office

good win to the boys

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

All the usual suspects are winning games they should be winning.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I successfully predicted the score for this game. 1 -2 in favor of Man U.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

platinum wrote:What's going on with United fans? You dey open thread AFTER game? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Good win for your boys, you dominated the game.
:lol: :lol: WE are now waiting until it's safe b/4 opening a game thread.
http://www.naijiant.com/
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Rooney was angry about the ref's failure to give a penalty for that blatant handball by Joe Ledley (and then incorrectly disallowing Johnny Kill's goal for a bogus offside about 45 seconds later). That is why he gave the 4th official an earful as he came off (and then smashed his boots against the side of the dugout).

How could the ref not see that blatant handball?! Ledley actually hit the ball away with his arm like a volleyball player!

platinum wrote:
Last edited by wiseone on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

So we should expect some fine coming up?
wiseone wrote:Rooney was angry about the ref's failure to give a penalty for that blatant handball by Joe Ledley (and then incorrectly disallowing Mata's goal for a bogus offside about 45 seconds later). That is why he gave the 4th official an earful as he came off (and then smashed his boots against the side of the dugout).

How could the ref not see that blatant handball?! Ledley actually hit the ball away with his arm like a volleyball player!

platinum wrote:

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Perhaps for Zlatan. Cabaye thinks Zlatan ran across him and knocked him down in an off the ball incident. Ref was only about 5 yards away. Not sure if it was serious enough for retrospective punishment.
balo wrote:So we should expect some fine coming up?
wiseone wrote:Rooney was angry about the ref's failure to give a penalty for that blatant handball by Joe Ledley (and then incorrectly disallowing Mata's goal for a bogus offside about 45 seconds later). That is why he gave the 4th official an earful as he came off (and then smashed his boots against the side of the dugout).

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

One thing for certain, rooney would not have scored the goal zlatan scored yesterday, thats why he is in the team and a regular, 35 years old for that matter
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the officials from that match may get banned and or fined. Unfortunately english fa don't out loud how screwed up their refs are.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

watched the 1H.

those possession stats are a farce. moving the ball round the center circle back and forth was good but annoying.

Rooney should have had 2 goals by half time. His passing was poor, good to see he is playing a cameo role this season
Bailly gave me a scare with he knee issues, interesting to see him at RB
Not sure what Mata's role was in the 1H.
Pogba was having fun, dominating Palace at will.

You can see where we are headed with JM. Controlling the ball and looking to score.
Last season we were controlling the ball and never looked like scoring.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

tfco wrote:watched the 1H.

those possession stats are a farce. moving the ball round the center circle back and forth was good but annoying.

Rooney should have had 2 goals by half time. His passing was poor, good to see he is playing a cameo role this season
Bailly gave me a scare with he knee issues, interesting to see him at RB
Not sure what Mata's role was in the 1H.
Pogba was having fun, dominating Palace at will.

You can see where we are headed with JM. Controlling the ball and looking to score.
Last season we were controlling the ball and never looked like scoring.
WE are still heading for the Europa like last season.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

we let CP into the game in the 2H.

nice goal but wth was Pogba doing in defence?
Rooney is truly -1, he should have had a brace in this game.

That PK non-call and the subsequent disallowed Mata goal are just the fine margins that could push us out of the top 4
Those 2 decisions were just costly.

overall good game, but this is a game we should have killed off by HT

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

I didn't watch the Manure game tho Jose na my Uncle...how do U expect us to do wiff CP on Saturday? :smile:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

paj wrote:I didn't watch the Manure game tho Jose na my Uncle...how do U expect us to do wiff CP on Saturday? :smile:
Are you not older than him? Are you like Essien calling is age mate "daddy"?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

paj wrote:I didn't watch the Manure game tho Jose na my Uncle...how do U expect us to do wiff CP on Saturday? :smile:
Tricky because CP have some truly dangerous players but I expect Chelsea to whoop them conveniently over 90 minutes. Conte's Chelsea is simply too disciplined and compact for most teams to figure out and handle at this point after the aberration against Arsenal earlier in the season.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

"Unplayable"? ... He did his usual stuff (flashes of skill and raking crossfield passes mixed with careless surrendering of possession and thundering shots into Row Z). He is very good going forward, and also a defensive liability. He is like Toure in the sense that when his team is attacking he is excellent, but when defending is not a great asset.

No coincidence that he plays best when he has two other central midfielders behind/beside him to do the thinking (Pirlo/Carrick) and running (Marchisio/Andrew Smith) for him.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone wrote:"Unplayable"? ... He did his usual stuff (flashes of skill and raking crossfield passes mixed with careless surrendering of possession and thundering shots into Row Z). He is very good going forward, and also a defensive liability. He is like Toure in the sense that when his team is attacking he is excellent, but when defending is not a great asset.

No coincidence that he plays best when he has two other central midfielders behind/beside him to do the thinking (Pirlo/Carrick) and running (Marchisio/Andrew Smith) for him.
Wow you are truly a vile person. I see only white people "do the thinking? "

For your information, Pogba is a number 10! Do you worry about Iniesta' s defensive ability? Or because Pogba is "Big and Black? "
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?