German CEs, who is Jordan Torunarigha?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
German CEs, who is Jordan Torunarigha?

Post by Dammy »

German CEs, who is this player, na former 3sc player, Ojokojo pikin?

Hertha: Profunerrag for Torunarigha
By 2020

Bundesliga club Hertha BSC has central defender Jordan Torunarigha equipped (photo) with a professional contract. This was announced by both Michael Preetz with, managing sports and the club itself via Twitter. The contract of the 19-year-old runs according to "BILD" by 2020.
https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... i3wyPsg76w
I am happy
Yiba
Egg
Egg
Re: German CEs, who is this player?

Post by Yiba »

Dammy,

Post the original article. The link on your post sent me to Google translate with a blank page!

Ojokojo's son plays for Hertha and i am pleased at the latest development in his career.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Yiba wrote:Dammy,

Post the original article. The link on your post sent me to Google translate with a blank page!

Ojokojo's son plays for Hertha and i am pleased at the latest development in his career.
http://www.transfermarkt.de/hertha-prof ... ews/258745
I am happy
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

I could not read the article from transfermarkt because i have my adblocker on. However, according to Kicker,Jordan Torunarigha, has signed a professional contract with Hertha BSC in the central defense position until 2020. He is a German u-20 player. Also, he is Ojokojo's son. I wish him all the best in his playing career.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He is on the bench for Hertha Berlin in tonight's Bundesliga game against Darmstadt.
I am happy
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

Interesting.
Never heard of him before.
But seems he is more german than nigerian.
Has played for one of Germany's youth sides already.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He came on in the 63rd minute for Hertha Berlin tonight in their 3-1 home loss to Hoffenheim. Played as a LB and looks decent. Big, powerful and fast player. He would be a good addition to the SE.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote:He came on in the 63rd minute for Hertha Berlin tonight in their 3-1 home loss to Hoffenheim. Played as a LB and looks decent. Big, powerful and fast player. He would be a good addition to the SE.
Like his physical presence. But as with many of the current diaspora Nigerians, I would wait first for him to establish himself at Hertha.

BTW, Hoff looking the part with Nagelsmann...I love coaches with clear ideas...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Dammy wrote:German CEs, who is this player, na former 3sc player, Ojokojo pikin?

Hertha: Profunerrag for Torunarigha
By 2020

Bundesliga club Hertha BSC has central defender Jordan Torunarigha equipped (photo) with a professional contract. This was announced by both Michael Preetz with, managing sports and the club itself via Twitter. The contract of the 19-year-old runs according to "BILD" by 2020.
https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... i3wyPsg76w
His elder brother plays for Oliseh's team :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

DAgrin wrote:Interesting.
Never heard of him before.
But seems he is more german than nigerian.
Has played for one of Germany's youth sides already.
Never underestimate the "Rohr" effect, it won't be long before the media report that he has agreed to switch to Naija :D
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Good luck to am (him)!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dammy wrote:He came on in the 63rd minute for Hertha Berlin tonight in their 3-1 home loss to Hoffenheim. Played as a LB and looks decent. Big, powerful and fast player. He would be a good addition to the SE.
Already? With no mention of how he performed?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

1naija wrote:
Dammy wrote:He came on in the 63rd minute Played as a LB and looks decent. Big, powerful and fast player. He would be a good addition to the SE.
:lol: Dem give you bonga fish, you dey ask for the head :laugh:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Senator WIRES wrote:
1naija wrote:
Dammy wrote:He came on in the 63rd minute Played as a LB and looks decent. Big, powerful and fast player. He would be a good addition to the SE.
Are you minding him.

Uncle 1naija. Sharrap dia.

Considering our best option after Elderson at LB (Amuzie) plays in the Italian youth league, this news is worthy of Thanksgiving & Bro. Franklin type dance.

Left footed SE eligible player in the Bundesliga. Prrraaaaisssee the Loooorrrdd! http://www.transfermarkt.com/jordan-tor ... ler/227110

Uncle 1 naija is confused. The boy is Ijaw by the way of Ibadan, so he obviously has mixed feelings over this one. Di tin dey turn him belle!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

When it comes to central defenders who can also play full back Kevin Akpoguma is the more interesting prospect at the moment.
He plays regularly for Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd Bundesliga and is planed as a replacement for Nicklas Süle at 1899 Hoffenheim (he is a Hoffenheim player on loan until summer).
He might play CL football next season and might be the next upcoming talent in central defense in the Bundesliga next season.
On merit he deserves to be called up (if interested) much more than Touranigha who still has to establish himself at Hertha BSC.

Another interesting name is Ohis Felix Uduokhai who plays for 1860 Munich, also in the 2nd Bundesliga.
At his young age he is a key player for them and tipped to move to a big club in Germany in the future.
Very talented central defender.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

DAgrin wrote:When it comes to central defenders who can also play full back Kevin Akpoguma is the more interesting prospect at the moment.
He plays regularly for Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd Bundesliga and is planed as a replacement for Nicklas Süle at 1899 Hoffenheim (he is a Hoffenheim player on loan until summer).
He might play CL football next season and might be the next upcoming talent in central defense in the Bundesliga next season.
On merit he deserves to be called up (if interested) much more than Touranigha who still has to establish himself at Hertha BSC.

Another interesting name is Ohis Felix Uduokhai who plays for 1860 Munich, also in the 2nd Bundesliga.
At his young age he is a key player for them and tipped to move to a big club in Germany in the future.
Very talented central defender.
The more the merrier! Akpoguma has been playing for German youth teams for so long, I doubt if he will be interested in Nigeria. That Sule even though he is white must have Nigerian blood, please help us investigate. :lol:
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

truetalk wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
1naija wrote:
Are you minding him.

Considering our best option after Elderson at LB (Amuzie) plays in the Italian youth league, this news is worthy of Thanksgiving & Bro. Franklin type dance.

Left footed SE eligible player in the Bundesliga. Prrraaaaisssee the Loooorrrdd! http://www.transfermarkt.com/jordan-tor ... ler/227110

Uncle 1 naija is confused. The boy is Ijaw by the way of Ibadan, so he obviously has mixed feelings over this one. Di tin dey turn him belle!
:???: :???:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Senator WIRES wrote:
1naija wrote:
Are you minding him.

:???: :???:
Uncle, this is what happens when you log on to CE to reply to posts during your Saturday night flossing while 'walking walking with Johnny'. Everything seems difficult.

Now that your eye is clear, it will sink in.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

D'Agrin, as long as he is Ojokojo's son, he can never be more German than Nigerian. I've known, played with and against Ojokojo since the 1982 Principals Cup in Ibadan. That is impossible.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If he can play left back then he should be looked at very closely. I remember his dad, a great Uites and Zikite.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He played his first 90 minutes today in a 1-0 loss to Monchengladbach and did quite well. We need to keep tabs on him.
I am happy
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg
We have found a new left back

Post by Pavarotti »

Jordan Torunarigha makes Bundesliga team of the week

19 year old Jordan Torunigha has been named in the Whoscored Bundesliga team of the week based on his performance in yesterday’s Bundesliga game against Borussia M’gladbach at the Stadion im Borussia-Park (Mönchengladbach) which Hertha lost 1-0 . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/jordan-to ... team-week/
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Jordan Torunarigha made the Bundesliga team of the week in only his first start!

1. Bundesliga Best XI

View:
Weekly
Monthly
Seasonal

04-04-2017 / 05-04-2017

Hoffenheim
O. Baumann

Borussia M.Gladbach
N. Elvedi

Hertha Berlin
J. Torunarigha