Sultan of Sokoto to Celebrate Enugu Rangers....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sultan of Sokoto to Celebrate Enugu Rangers....

Post by Enugu II »

SULTAN OF SOKOTO VISITS ENUGU TO HONOUR RANGERS, INAUGURATE PROJECTS
http://www.futbalgalore.com/2016/12/18/ ... -projects/
Abayomi AdemetanDec 18, 2016Featured, News, NPFL0LIKE

His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji (Dr.) Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar is among the dignitaries expected to attend tomorrow’s grand reception being organized by the Enugu State Government in honour of the 2015/2016 Nigerian Professional Football League Champions, the Enugu Rangers International Football club.

The Sultan, who is a staunch fan of Enugu Rangers starting from his days in Nsukka (from 1977 to 1983) as an Army Officer has remained committed to the noble course of the club till date.

According to a statement by the Chairman of the Publicity Sub-Committee for the event, Louis Amoke, the Sultan is also expected to inaugurate some road projects executed across the state by Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi’s administration and also visit the University town of Nsukka, where the people of the area will accord him a civic reception.

Some of the completed roads for inauguration, according to the statement, include the Nike Lake road and the Abakpa Nike road in Enugu East Local Government Area; the Post Office Roundabout- Odenigbo Roundabout- Ogurugu-Ikenga Hotel junction road and the Obechara road Junction-Umuakashi-Mechanic Village-Ikenga Hotels junction road in the University town of Nsukka.
Also speaking on the Sultan’s visit, the National Chairman of Enugu Rangers’ Supporters Club, Ibuchukwu Nwodo described it as historic and a clear indication that the club remains a unifying force in the promotion of peace and national unity.

Nwodo thanked Governor Ugwuanyi for honouring Rangers after all the support he gave the club, which saw it to victory.

“I sincerely thank God for what is happening in Enugu State since His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi took over the leadership of the state.

“Apart from regular payment of workers’ salaries and numerous massive development projects going on in the state, in spite of the severe economic challenges in the country, Gov. Ugwuanyi still supported Enugu Rangers to victory.

“Tomorrow, Gov. Ugwuanyi and the people of the state will honour the club to say thank you for the job well done and also inspire them to greater heights, and the Spiritual Leader of Nigerian Muslims, His Eminence, the Sultan of Sokoto will be attending the event. This is an attestation that Enugu State is truly in the hands of God and that Rangers International is a club to reckon with,” he said.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sultan of Sokoto to Celebrate Enugu Rangers....

Post by Sir V »

Have they won another Cup?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...misused priorities. I still love my Enugu Rangers International.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:Have they won another Cup?
No ooh! :rotf: Three decades before trophy is still being celebrated. The Governor has big presentation for the team tomorrow in Enugu.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

It's not as if the so called sultan has another job to attend to; He is using the Rangers to promote himself otherwise who knows he existed
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Up Rangers!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Up Rangers :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oh Lord
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
jb
Egg
Egg

Post by jb »

1naija wrote:oh Lord
Sultan of Sokoto.......Rangers international.....something fishy.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:It's not as if the so called sultan has another job to attend to; He is using the Rangers to promote himself otherwise who knows he existed
He is a fan.
Deal with it.
Or you have a problem with that? :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jb wrote:
Sultan of Sokoto.......Rangers international.....something fishy.
Because you doubt ER's worldwide appeal?
Or what's fishy about someone from Sokoto being an ER fan?
Abeokuta nko?
They've told you the history, so what's the problem? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

With all this celebrations, they better come back with the CAF champions league trophy and the CWC trophy next year.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

Definitely misplaced priority .
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

bully12 wrote:Definitely misplaced priority .
What is misplaced there because they mentioned the Sultan? What if he is a fan of the club too like some of us, or is it only igbos that can partake in the celebration?

Rangers is an institution and when the occassion makes itself available they should be used to project the national cause!

I am sure if i remove the Sultan, you would change your mind.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Did they win anything?

Edit: I see.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Sultan already in Enugu.. Congrats
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It's been a right royal win :D
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
What is misplaced there because they mentioned the Sultan? What if he is a fan of the club too like some of us, or is it only igbos that can partake in the celebration?

Rangers is an institution and when the occassion makes itself available they should be used to project the national cause!

...that's right! It may never make sense to you tho.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:
oloye wrote:

...that's right! It may never make sense to you tho.
That is what i thought! Thanks for confirming...
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...reminds me of the days we have line the streets because Gowon was visiting. Class times lost, workers productivity lost. This is 2016.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

mcal wrote:...reminds me of the days we have line the streets because Gowon was visiting. Class times lost, workers productivity lost. This is 2016.

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

fabio wrote:
mcal wrote:...reminds me of the days we have line the streets because Gowon was visiting. Class times lost, workers productivity lost. This is 2016.

...in both fotos did you see the sultan or governor of that state or city in line up? I assume the top one is in the UK, was the queen there?