Spanish paper tears into Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

I'm just a messenger.

Benjamin Newman
By Benjamin Newman
on Sunday, December 25, 2016
El Confidencial have the hump this Christmas.

The Spanish paper have decided to look at the performances of Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Man United this season, and they’ve picked the Swede apart.

That’s an interesting position to take in the current climate, where most are singing the praises of Ibra after 10 goals in his last 9 matches in all competitions.

But El Confidencial aren’t convinced Zlatan still has it. They recall a seven game drought early in the season, while they’ve got further data to attack the United striker with.

So what they got?
The case is made that if Zlatan doesn’t score, he doesn’t help the team.

He’s missed a league high 9 goal scoring opportunities in the Premier League this season, and he’s failed to lay on a single assist in 16 matches in the EPL.

Moreover, Ibra has committed a league high 38 fouls so far this campaign.

Perhaps the killer line in the El Confidencial piece reads:

Ibrahimovic, in short, is not the centre of the universe at Old Trafford, as he was in Paris and, by extension, in Ligue 1.

Source
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spanish paper tears into Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Post by kajifu »

Ok
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Overrated footballer, but top kung-fu fighter.
http://www.naijiant.com/
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote: He’s missed a league high 9 goal scoring opportunities in the Premier League this season, and he’s failed to lay on a single assist in 16 matches in the EPL.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Kabalega wrote:I'm just a messenger.

Benjamin Newman
By Benjamin Newman

The Spanish paper have decided to look at the performances of Zlatan Ibrahimovic at Man United this season, and they’ve picked the Swede apart.

That’s an interesting position to take in the current climate, where most are singing the praises of Ibra after 10 goals in his last 9 matches in all competitions.

But El Confidencial aren’t convinced Zlatan still has it. They recall a seven game drought early in the season, while they’ve got further data to attack the United striker with.

So what they got?

He’s missed a league high 9 goal scoring opportunities in the Premier League this season, and he’s failed to lay on a single assist in 16 matches in the EPL.

Ibrahimovic, in short, is not the centre of the universe at Old Trafford, as he was in Paris and, by extension, in Ligue 1.

Source
Dude no offence meant, but your headline compared to the analysis get as e be! Wao they are ripping into a 35yr old who is doing it at the top with some dumb stats. I would have thought it would have made more sense for them to rip into him when he played in their league?

Anything a 35yr does at this stage is a bonus. This is one story not worth reading never mind sharing!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I hope they are atill tearing into Ibra
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i guéss Zlatan read the article
lays 1 assist v Sunderland
oh, and he scored too

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

seunt
Egg
Egg

Post by seunt »

:rotf: :rotf:
oloye wrote:I hope they are atill tearing into Ibra
"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." -Michael Jordan
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

oops, make that TWO assists.

more articles please

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Crap article, score ratio is every other game, pleas close this thread, does not make sense
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Thanks El Bad Belle Confidencial newspaper of Spain. Please tear into Zlatan every week! :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

This Spanish paper cannot defend this lame article.

Like NDL, like Spanish paper.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Well some needs to tear those spanish papers
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

oloye wrote:

Benjamin Newman
By Benjamin Newman

So what they got?

Source
Dude no offence meant, but your headline compared to the analysis get as e be! Wao they are ripping into a 35yr old who is doing it at the top with some dumb stats. I would have thought it would have made more sense for them to rip into him when he played in their league?

Anything a 35yr does at this stage is a bonus. This is one story not worth reading never mind sharing!
I'm just a messenger but in their defense, today's game was against Sunderland. :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Sounds weird after he scored and got an assist, but yesterday was probably Zlatan's worst game for Man Utd. He surrendered the ball frequently and casually, and constantly lost possession while trying an elaborate trick instead of playing a simple 5 yard pass to an unmarked teammate. It was amazing how often he gave the ball away/moves broke down when the ball got to him. That is not an issue in itself though as all players give the ball away every now and then. His attitude to losing possession is what might cost Man Utd against better teams.

Lee Dixon (in his pre-match analysis last weekend) said:

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

He does very little other than walking when Man Utd do not have possession. He is not exactly Carlos Tevez when it comes to closing down opposition defenders.
The trouble is, for all his walking - he is always only 1 second away from a great piece of skill or thundering a shot into the top corner. He can do that: even when he is having a stinker.

He is flying under the radar because of the furore about Rooney's place in the team.
Last edited by wiseone on Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

wiseone wrote:Sounds weird after he scored and got an assist, but yesterday was probably Zlatan's worst game for Man Utd. He surrendered the ball frequently and casually, and constantly lost possession while trying an elaborate trick instead of playing a simple 5 yard pass to an unmarked opponent. It was amazing how often he gave the ball away/moves broke down when the ball got to him. That is not an issue in itself though as all players give the ball away every now and then. His attitude to losing possession is what might cost Man Utd against better teams.

Lee Dixon (in his pre-match analysis last weekend) said:

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

He does very little other than walking when Man Utd do not have possession. He is not exactly Carlos Tevez when it comes to closing down opposition defenders.
The trouble is, for all his walking - he is always only 1 second away from a great piece of skill or thundering a shot into the top corner. He can do that: even when he is having a stinker.

He is flying under the radar because of the furore about Rooney's place in the team.
He might have a bad game but he is a deadly goal scoring threat, 2 assists and a goal, not bad considering he did not have a good game, that is the hallmaek of a good player, the ability to win games when nothig is happening, please zlatan continue to have bad games are far as you tear the net
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

wiseone wrote: He is flying under the radar because of the furore about Rooney's place in the team.
:clap: :clap:

Zlatan is slightly better than Rooney at the moment.

(Take away the goals) and they are on par lol

However, football is about goals and Ibra is on fire.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

another assist + goal, incorrectly disallowed.

keep the Spanish news coming.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

a winner

a goal scorer

a champion

boom boom

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

tfco wrote:a winner

a goal scorer

a champion

boom boom
You can sure go on about things like a pregnant woman who got stepped on. :tic: Anyways it's Kabalega, so go ahead :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Classic thread fail.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Isnt it funny how the English kept underrating Zlatan, and to slap them across the face, he waited until he was about to retire to come and dominate their league while in retirement. wickedness :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S