RAPID RISE OF CHINA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
RAPID RISE OF CHINA

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36237614

I hope Pinnick and his NFF cronies can sit and watch this short clip about how to build a football program 20 times over. It's not about hiring and firing coaches, lounging at the Emirates or dabaru-ing elections. It's all about a plan. At the rate I won't be suprised if China beats us at the WC before we make it past the 2nd rd.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: RAPID RISE OF CHINA

Post by Mr. Piffington »

They have the audacity to want to win the World Cup and they've only qualified once, Nigeria's goal is to get to the semi final. When some say some societies are superior I believe it.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Good news, Chinese entrepreneur, Jimmy Chop Yu Dolla, is deep into discussion with Aso Flops about a N20 billion investment in the development of a football program in Nigeria. The deal, if agreed, will see family sizes reduced to single child, Yin Weh replace the suffix Onkwo, Lei Chi substituting the prefix Ola and noddle stands replacing roadside suya on all major "eroded" roads. Little has been shed on the developmental program itself and it's expected impact however 15 Bee-emm-dobyoo Jips have been ordered to assist in the chore. A further N5 Billion has been made available to go missing as Nigeria hope to squander a sizeable portion of gross national product on nonsense.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Coach wrote:Good news, Chinese entrepreneur, Jimmy Chop Yu Dolla, is deep into discussion with Aso Flops about a N20 billion investment in the development of a football program in Nigeria. The deal, if agreed, will see family sizes reduced to single child, Yin Weh replace the suffix Onkwo, Lei Chi substituting the prefix Ola and noddle stands replacing roadside suya on all major "eroded" roads. Little has been shed on the developmental program itself and it's expected impact however 15 Bee-emm-dobyoo Jips have been ordered to assist in the chore. A further N5 Billion has been made available to go missing as Nigeria hope to squander a sizeable portion of gross national product on nonsense.
Can you break it down small for local English?
Thanks
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

kajifu wrote:
Coach wrote:Good news, Chinese entrepreneur, Jimmy Chop Yu Dolla, is deep into discussion with Aso Flops about a N20 billion investment in the development of a football program in Nigeria. The deal, if agreed, will see family sizes reduced to single child, Yin Weh replace the suffix Onkwo, Lei Chi substituting the prefix Ola and noddle stands replacing roadside suya on all major "eroded" roads. Little has been shed on the developmental program itself and it's expected impact however 15 Bee-emm-dobyoo Jips have been ordered to assist in the chore. A further N5 Billion has been made available to go missing as Nigeria hope to squander a sizeable portion of gross national product on nonsense.
Thanks
Basically, don't be surprised when you see Chuka Xi Le, or Femi Ling wan representing China in the near future.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Chelsea and Shanghai SIPG have agreed terms for midfielder Oscar's estimated £60m move to the Chinese Super League club in the January transfer window.

The 25-year-old Brazil international said earlier this month the transfer was "90% certain".

Oscar joined Chelsea from Internacional for £25m in 2012 and has scored 38 times in 203 appearances for the club.

He will complete his move "at the beginning of the January transfer window", the club said in a statement.

Oscar, who has struggled to get into Antonio Conte's Chelsea side since October, will join former Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas in Shanghai.

The Chinese side confirmed Oscar "will arrive in Shanghai in the coming days to officially join SIPG".

The player, who has won the Premier League, Europa League and League Cup during his four-and-a-half-year spell at Stamford Bridge, will earn a reported £400,000 a week and the transfer fee will rank as the seventh-highest of all time.

thebeeb.co.uk
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Oscar's move comes as former Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez is reportedly on the verge of becoming the world's highest-paid footballer by moving from Boca Juniors to Shanghai Shenhua, where he will earn £615,000 a week.

thebeeb.co.uk
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

LOl silly money season.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mr. Piffington wrote:They have the audacity to want to win the World Cup and they've only qualified once, Nigeria's goal is to get to the semi final. When some say some societies are superior I believe it.
Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know though is that China ain't winning a WC any time soon. In fact if they do qualify for a WC, they would do well to keep their negative goal differential under double digits.

Wha choo looking at?!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:They have the audacity to want to win the World Cup and they've only qualified once, Nigeria's goal is to get to the semi final. When some say some societies are superior I believe it.
Do you ever evaluate your thoughts? Let then qualify first..talk less of winning the AFC tournament.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

These numbers are crazy!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Maybe, maybe not. One thing I do know though is that China ain't winning a WC any time soon. In fact if they do qualify for a WC, they would do well to keep their negative goal differential under double digits.
They are not looking at the short term so I think even they would agree with you.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The numbers don't mean anything, if they don't develop their players at the same time.

Extraordinary wages, foreign player influxes won't mean anything without the grassroots development. For quite some time, even with better wages, Chinese teams have been beaten by North Korea. This is not the first time this has happened, the Japanese did the same thing in the 90s. It can help...but only with the right amount of grassroot development.

Nigerian international football is FAR FAR ahead of Chinese football, signing Oscar, Hulk or Obafemi Martins is going to do little to help that. It helps create interest in the game, but it can't substitute hard work.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It builds the brand, attracts investment and stirs interest. Maybe, just maybe, Jimmy Wong skips Calculus to go and play Headers & Volleys. That said, the method is complete madness. A more logical approach would've been to recruit a host of renowned coaches, assimilate Footballing Studies into national curriculum and have a generation taught the game, practice through to theory.

China have the antidote as far as gymnastics be concerned. They dabbled in swimming for a second and tore up the record books. Football could be the final frontier. PEDs that evade detection coupled with a culture of merciless flogging till the stepover is perfectly executed and imperial. Chai, e go sweet.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Coach wrote:It builds the brand, attracts investment and stirs interest. Maybe, just maybe, Jimmy Wong skips Calculus to go and play Headers & Volleys. That said, the method is complete madness. A more logical approach would've been to recruit a host of renowned coaches, assimilate Footballing Studies into national curriculum and have a generation taught the game, practice through to theory.

China have the antidote as far as gymnastics be concerned. They dabbled in swimming for a second and tore up the record books. Football could be the final frontier. PEDs that evade detection coupled with a culture of merciless flogging till the stepover is perfectly executed and imperial. Chai, e go sweet.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but surely you meant "magisterial" :mrgreen: (copyright Ray abi na Roy Hudson of BEIN sports).

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
They are not looking at the short term so I think even they would agree with you.
I don't think they would agree with me on the definition of short term, which I believe is the next 200 years at least.

Wha choo looking at?!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
I don't think they would agree with me on the definition of short term, which I believe is the next 200 years at least.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damn.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Coach wrote:It builds the brand, attracts investment and stirs interest. Maybe, just maybe, Jimmy Wong skips Calculus to go and play Headers & Volleys. That said, the method is complete madness. A more logical approach would've been to recruit a host of renowned coaches, assimilate Footballing Studies into national curriculum and have a generation taught the game, practice through to theory.

Coach,

Getting coaches is not the better logic. Who will they coach? Will you "push" them there when they are not interested? The interest has to be generated first in order to "pull" youngsters to the sport and that is what the superstars may be able to do before the technical hands find the pool of interested youngsters that they can work with. Further, if China is able to get the better players and create huge tv market for their league that will also be a huge bonus in terms of the revenue to sustain what they are trying to do.Admittedly, it is a huge risk as America found out with NASL but you ain't getting anywhere if you are risk averse anyway.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

kajifu wrote:
Thanks
Yeah, for me - please! I no be Oyibo man, abeg
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

what do you do for a living? You dey try
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Do you ever evaluate your thoughts? Let then qualify first..talk less of winning the AFC tournament.
Mschewwwwwww. DEM Ting say Na world power and politics b dis. 2Nd half they r alwayS GASSED. Asian NC never win, only 1 final the got to and Dem day boast???? This will b the nation responsible for sending Peru, Ecuador or Honduras to the WC semis. :roll: :roll:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Tbite wrote:The numbers don't mean anything, if they don't develop their players at the same time.

Extraordinary wages, foreign player influxes won't mean anything without the grassroots development. For quite some time, even with better wages, Chinese teams have been beaten by North Korea. This is not the first time this has happened, the Japanese did the same thing in the 90s. It can help...but only with the right amount of grassroot development.

Nigerian international football is FAR FAR ahead of Chinese football, signing Oscar, Hulk or Obafemi Martins is going to do little to help that. It helps create interest in the game, but it can't substitute hard work.
Exactly. I don't think these big money splash move strategy can work. The Qataris and the Emiratis have been playing the same game for longer, and it hasn't worked. Even the US tried it. I know China has a lot more money to spend, but to cause a sea change of this nature is extremely difficult. I don't think the Europeans have much to be worried about
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enugu II wrote:

Coach,

Getting coaches is not the better logic. Who will they coach? Will you "push" them there when they are not interested? The interest has to be generated first in order to "pull" youngsters to the sport and that is what the superstars may be able to do before the technical hands find the pool of interested youngsters that they can work with. Further, if China is able to get the better players and create huge tv market for their league that will also be a huge bonus in terms of the revenue to sustain what they are trying to do.Admittedly, it is a huge risk as America found out with NASL but you ain't getting anywhere if you are risk averse anyway.
Correct! The Chinese would have better luck with individual events focused on technique. Team sports or sports focused on strength and power will be hard for them to conquer...those kinda PEDs haven't been made yet. Football will be a tough nut to crack...they will try for 20 years and then give up
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet