ADEMOLA LOOKMAN TO EVERTON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
ADEMOLA LOOKMAN TO EVERTON

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38449936

Rumor has it that the boy wants to play for England alongside Aina,Ejaria, I-be,Abraham and Adarabioyo. Na true? He has already changed his name from Lukman to LOOKMAN. Good looking out! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN TO EVERTON

Post by Tbite »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38449936

Rumor has it that the boy wants to play for England alongside Aina,Ejaria, I-be,Abraham and Adarabioyo. Na true? He has already changed his name from Lukman to LOOKMAN. Good looking out! :thumb:
What of Ademola? That becomes Aide-muller?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

so all the chats of Rohr and his nff bosses with the boys/parents na all waste of time and resources
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

walesvilla wrote:

so all the chats of Rohr and his nff bosses with the boys/parents na all waste of time and resources
Forget about chat. Most of these boys are more English than Naija and they have agents who push for them to wait for England caps.

In Ademola's case, he was very close to the "England-born Nigerian team" camp before he got a contract with Charlton. As soon as he got a call up with England, he packed his portmanteau and showed up to camp singing "God Bless Our Queen." Same with Ejaria who was in camp with the U17 boys in 2013.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

niyi wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

Forget about chat. Most of these boys are more English than Naija and they have agents who push for them to wait for England caps.

In Ademola's case, he was very close to the "England-born Nigerian team" camp before he got a contract with Charlton. As soon as he got a call up with England, he packed his portmanteau and showed up to camp singing "God Bless Our Queen." Same with Ejaria who was in camp with the U17 boys in 2013.
I don't think it is as crystal clear as you want us to believe.
The cases are different. Some might play for England while others have a deep connection to Nigeria and won't refuse to wear GWG if invited.
I still have a lot of confidence that Ovie Ejaria will play for Nigeria - he proudly emphasizes his nigerian heritage on his twitter account.
Same goes for Ola Aina.
Lookman indeed will very likely play for England.
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

DAgrin wrote:
niyi wrote:
walesvilla wrote:

I don't think it is as crystal clear as you want us to believe.
The cases are different. Some might play for England while others have a deep connection to Nigeria and won't refuse to wear GWG if invited.
I still have a lot of confidence that Ovie Ejaria will play for Nigeria - he proudly emphasizes his nigerian heritage on his twitter account.
Same goes for Ola Aina.
Lookman indeed will very likely play for England.
If we get Ejaria and Aina England can keep looku!
OCCUPY NFF!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Not every developing talent will be a fit for the SE. Football is more about players fitting
into a system than talent alone.
Aguero will not fit on the German national team, just like Balotelli is not a fit for Barca.
We should temper our emotions will realism when drafting every Naija connected talent we see.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

joao wrote:Not every developing talent will be a fit for the SE. Football is more about players fitting
Aguero will not fit on the German national team, just like Balotelli is not a fit for Barca.
We should temper our emotions will realism when drafting every Naija connected talent we see.
If I may ask, what system do we have in SE? Does this proclamation "Football is more about players fitting
into a system than talent alone." apply to exceptional talents?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cito wrote:
joao wrote:Not every developing talent will be a fit for the SE. Football is more about players fitting
If I may ask, what system do we have in SE? Does this proclamation "Football is more about players fitting
What system does England have?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^systematic failure.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Cito wrote:
If I may ask, what system do we have in SE?
Ask coach Rohr. As things currently are, I don't want to pretend I know.
Does this proclamation "Football is more about players fitting
Bro., there are many exceptional talents that never pan out because they have been unlucky
to find themselves in environment and/or systems where they did not fit in.
Take the case of our very own Moses currently at Chelsea. With Mourinho he seems not to have
a chance, but now he looks golden. Pogba left ManU as a cast-off, but now returns to being 'toasted'.
Fitting into a system or environment is a very delicate proposition. No matter the individual talent,
there is personal attitude and ability to do what the coach wants for starters. Many rated Balotelli
as an exceptional talent, but his attitude and lack of conformity keeps derailing his career.
My contention in the earlier post is that we generally tend to see gold in every shinning yellow metal,
and with regards to football we need not believe that every ball juggler is a Pele or Messi.
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

^^^^^ Wise words.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

Ademola Lookman should play for Nigeria over England if he has a choice. Even Andy Cole with his superb EPL record could not hold down a starting shirt with the 3 lionesses. Ademola would be well advised to commit quickly to SE and face it squarely like Iwobi.

Infact all the Nigerian heritage players should do that.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

he cost everton as much as success cost watford
only difference is this is an arm's length transaction
i doubt he has any real chance of playing for england at Russia 2016 with the likes of Rashford, walcott, lindgard , Sturridge, Townsend, Oxlade, lallana and Sterling all competing for placesh
If Rohr/NFF makes a serious effort to woo him, I'm sure we can get him to play for Nigeria