Why is Ibrahimovich so underrated?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kamerun1
Egg
Egg
Why is Ibrahimovich so underrated?

Post by kamerun1 »

Show me a more consistent striker over the last 50 years! Has any striker destroyed the Italian, Spanish and French leagues? Just name me 1 not 2, just 1. To add insult to injury he is now reigning at age 35 on the English premier league. Imagine what this guy would have done in England in his prime!! In my humble opinion Ibrahimovich is the most underrated striker of the last 50 years....i'll go as far as even saying that he is THE BEST EVER because he has been THE MOST CONSISTENT.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Why is Ibrahimovich so underrated?

Post by john12 »

So, in your opinion, ibrahimovich was better than Ronaldo da Lima? Igwe Henry? Samuel etoo? Romario? My brother I totally disagree. Ibrahimovich is a world class striker that's consistent, however, he simply failed to perform on the big occasions
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

He is a bit overrated
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Really? How many older than Ohsee's are there in world football, starting up top for one of the biggest names in sport and seemingly indispensable? Underrated? Hardly.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Because he does not show up when it matters
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Well he showed up today
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Underrated by who?
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

To use Zlatan & underrated in the same sentence is like saying Nigeria & Ghana are regions of China. The man's ego is so huge he's believed he was the best player on the planet for a longtime - he's done well & continues to do so but stop the click bait!!!
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

tolahs wrote:To use Zlatan & underrated in the same sentence is like saying Nigeria & Ghana are regions of China. The man's ego is so huge he's believed he was the best player on the planet for a longtime - he's done well & continues to do so but stop the click bait!!!
True o
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

marko wrote:Well he showed up today
Against who again? :?: :?: :?:
True he's scored fantastic goals, but his shortcomings are what makes him so forgettable.
He is definitely not a 'team player', nor can he carry his team with him. Please don't forget his
spell at Barca, and the way he represents himself with the Swedish national team.
In short, Ibrahimovich is talented but his ego and selfishness are putting him out of the
class of world super football stars.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Nah he is not underrated. He is one of the best ever
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

joao wrote:
marko wrote:Well he showed up today
Against who again? :?: :?: :?:
True he's scored fantastic goals, but his shortcomings are what makes him so forgettable.
He is definitely not a 'team player', nor can he carry his team with him. Please don't forget his
spell at Barca, and the way he represents himself with the Swedish national team.
In short, Ibrahimovich is talented but his ego and selfishness are putting him out of the
class of world super football stars.

If Zlatan was not scoring at all, am sure people will say he is finished, the man is 35 playing for one of the world top teams and still banging in the goals, the man ego is just like ronaldo, all top strikers need this type of personality to suceed at the highest levels, this season, je will score against the big teams and small teams, if he does not score, his work rate and hold up play are quite impressive, he was brought to score goals, that he is doing just fine, he is just 1 goal behind Costa and i believe he can certainly end up top scorer in the premiership, this was a man that was supposed not to do well in the premiership

Sorry too many haters in here
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Celebrity
Egg
Egg

Post by Celebrity »

YUJAM wrote:Nah he is not underrated. He is one of the best ever

Kpom, the thread author is high on some cheap Ogogoro. How can you be underrated and sign for one of the top clubs in the world at age 35?

Zlatan is one of the most Prolific strikers of our time. A complete striker! Always a delight to watch him play.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

He's actually overrated.
http://www.naijiant.com/
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cic old boy wrote:He's actually overrated.
Anything/anyone in life you don't oppose? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh wrote: Anything/anyone in life you don't oppose? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
ME! :taunt:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Zlatan is certainly not underrated. The English press are currently creaming themselves to praise him. His fitness level is excellent for his age and he still has a deadly finish in him. During his medical before joining Man Utd, he broke the record for their strength test.
I am very surprised that he plays 90 minutes every week in the EPL at his age (perhaps helped by the fact that he does very little other than walking when Man Utd do not have possession). He is not exactly Jamie Vardy when it comes to closing down opposition defenders.

Lee Dixon (in his pre-match analysis last weekend) said:

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

He is also capable of some great acts of b*stardtry. His thundering shoulder "challenge" into Craig Dawson's chest 2 days ago looked more like a contract hit than a legit attempt to win the ball.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

wiseone wrote:Zlatan is certainly not overrated. The English press are currently creaming themselves to praise him. His fitness level is excellent for his age and he still has a deadly finish in him. During his medical before joining Man Utd, he broke the record for their strength test.
I am very surprised that he plays 90 minutes every week in the EPL at his age (perhaps helped by the fact that he does very little other than walking when Man Utd do not have possession). He is not exactly Jamie Vardy when it comes to closing down opposition defenders.

"When they lose the ball Ibrahimovic just downs tools. He doesn't chase back, he just walks back..."

He is also capable of some great acts of b*stardtry. His thundering shoulder "challenge" into Craig Dawson's chest 2 days ago looked more like a contract hit than a legit attempt to win the ball.
I saw that body charge and it was like dayum!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

"good technique for a bad player, bad technique for a good player" - Cruff on Ibra
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wiseone wrote:Zlatan is certainly not overrated. The English press are currently creaming themselves to praise him. His fitness level is excellent for his age and he still has a deadly finish in him. During his medical before joining Man Utd, he broke the record for their strength test.

He's mastered when he needs to 'go, get there' and when he doesn't. He conserves his energy that way. As seen in the first goal, he actually has decent acceleration and will be there if need be. His size also makes him very visible for a target, his ability to hold up play and bring others in offers an outlet to his teammates. A striker worth studying, very experienced.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I think something happened between them/there was some ongoing beef between the two players. The malice in Zlatan's challenge (combined with the way he turned to scream at the WBA defenders after he scored his second goal) suggests some element of retribution.
oloye wrote: I saw that body charge and it was like dayum!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

hmmmm

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kalani JR
Egg
Egg