COUNTDOWN TO OLISEH'S IMPLOSION AT FORTUNA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COUNTDOWN TO OLISEH'S IMPLOSION AT FORTUNA

Post by jette1 »

Abeg lets have an award for correct predictions like this.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

very telling thread, not sure what I should make of it but these has to be one of the most negative predictions on someone's career (on CE) that eventually came true smh
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cellular wrote:
Solowe wrote:Just for all you naysayers, I am going to up the ante : I am going to give him 180 days to show his true colors !!

Within the next 180 days Oliseh will implode at that job. If I am wrong, i will leave CE for 1 year and Not write a single word. !!!

This means by July 5th 2017 he would have imploded otherwise solowe is no more on CE for 1 year. I am a man of my word. I kept my word when said I wouldn't write the EB series anymore. I kept my word then, I will keep my word now.
Solobaba, no need to make the bet. I know you believe, like the scorpion, Oliseh can't help himself. But let's pray for the guy. Let's pray he succeeds because it will open the path for others like him.

I hope he shows more tact when he is dealing with both management and the players.
I hope he learns to take the blame for defeats and give the credit to the players for victories.
I hope he communicates better with everyone around him.
I hope he handles criticism better even from people he loathes.
I hope he has good health.

You can't be a good teacher or manager if you are easily frustrated. It is a frustrating position... I hope he realizes it.
For TXJ who believes anyone that makes an observation about Oliseh hates him.

This was last year when Oliseh took the job.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I knew this will happen was just a matter of time. Oliseh never disappoints anyone. The man that arrogantly said that ' he wasn't igbo' while answering an igbo name.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

osita wrote:I knew this will happen was just a matter of time. Oliseh never disappoints anyone. The man that arrogantly said that ' he wasn't igbo' while answering an igbo name.
Obadele Thompson, Asafa Powell na Yoruba?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Solowe wrote:Just for all you naysayers, I am going to up the ante : I am going to give him 180 days to show his true colors !!

Within the next 180 days Oliseh will implode at that job. If I am wrong, i will leave CE for 1 year and Not write a single word. !!!

This means by July 5th 2017 he would have imploded otherwise solowe is no more on CE for 1 year. I am a man of my word. I kept my word when said I wouldn't write the EB series anymore. I kept my word then, I will keep my word now.
Solobaba, no need to make the bet. I know you believe, like the scorpion, Oliseh can't help himself. But let's pray for the guy. Let's pray he succeeds because it will open the path for others like him.

I hope he shows more tact when he is dealing with both management and the players.
I hope he learns to take the blame for defeats and give the credit to the players for victories.

You can't be a good teacher or manager if you are easily frustrated. It is a frustrating position... I hope he realizes it.

The fact that you are glorifying this thread is ample proof of your personal animus towards Oliseh.

Pray, what red wine did you toast to on hearing this news :winking: :winking:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

The fact that you are glorifying this thread is ample proof of your personal animus towards Oliseh.

Continue.

Chicken wey run way from Borno go Ibadan go still end up inside pot of soup.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Continue.

Chicken wey run way from Borno go Ibadan go still end up inside pot of soup.
true
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

folem wrote:
osita wrote:I knew this will happen was just a matter of time. Oliseh never disappoints anyone. The man that arrogantly said that ' he wasn't igbo' while answering an igbo name.
Obadele Thompson, Asafa Powell na Yoruba?
If oliseh did not conduct or present a genetic that excludes him from Igbo paternity then we have to go by consistent evidence in front of us.- fathers inherited leneage

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Oliseh, unfortunately, has the typical ITK mentality.
He is nailing his own coffin.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... because one answers or bears 'Igbo name' does not automatically make the person an Igbo man/woman. I bear Igbo name, but it doesn't make me an Igbo man. I am from Delta State.

An old man (Yoruba man) gave me the name - AIYETORO - long time ago, after as a little boy I served him as if he is my father. I still answer the name when people who know me calls me by it, but that does not mean I am a Yoruba man. Thus, ... please.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ebyboy wrote:This is why I love this site.
The 'institutional memory' na helele.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Just now seeing this. Na wah!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Solowe/Jackal was spot on. I don't know the owners at Fortuna from a sack of beans, but Oliseh is not the only manager or principled manager in the world...and allegations like he has made are pretty rare.

Given his antecedents, we all should have seen this coming...but we wanted to believe and wish him well. I for one was harsh on him for his man-management during his SE tenure...but I really did think he could be successful here.

Solowe/Jackal should be given the Nostradamus award. Bros knows what he's saying
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Odas wrote:
... because one answers or bears 'Igbo name' does not automatically make the person an Igbo man/woman. I bear Igbo name, but it doesn't make me an Igbo man. I am from Delta State.

An old man (Yoruba man) gave me the name - AIYETORO - long time ago, after as a little boy I served him as if he is my father. I still answer the name when people who know me calls me by it, but that does not mean I am a Yoruba man. Thus, ... please.
You no go understand until you watch the video, the manner he said it. You can go all night educating me on you answering Yoruba name and not being Yoruba. Oliseh Azubike sunday na Igbo name . Your surname and second name na Yoruba?
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Odas wrote:

So are you saying that it is your state state determines your tribe? So when Delta was part of Bendel did that make you an Ishan abi Bini?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

SylverEagles wrote:Ehn ehn ehn...turns out Solowe (aka JACKAL) was right! So he missed by some days, but the crux of his position was clear. He wasn't "wishing Oliseh" bad, he was just making his observations known.

Hope this is a lesson for some of us who are so hateful to opposing (or unpalatable) views to their own.. :sneaky:
Solowe is right by your standard of reasoning which is very limited :curse: :curse: Clearly, you HATE coach Oliseh. Now you can go and jubilate, congratulations
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

lacidi wrote:
Odas wrote:

So are you saying that it is your state state determines your tribe? So when Delta was part of Bendel did that make you an Ishan abi Bini?
:lol: :lol: :lol: No! One's State of origin does not determine his/her TRIBE either, it is the people and their ways of doing things (customs and culture) and believes which determines a tribe
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

osita wrote:
Odas wrote:

You no go understand until you watch the video, the manner he said it. You can go all night educating me on you answering Yoruba name and not being Yoruba. Oliseh Azubike sunday na Igbo name . Your surname and second name na Yoruba?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok, Chief! Because you have already made-up your mind, I won't try to change it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote:
lacidi wrote:
Odas wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: No! One's State of origin does not determine his/her TRIBE either, it is the people and their ways of doing things (customs and culture) and believes which determines a tribe
In African context and specifically Nigeria there is only one determination of tribe =PATERNITY (blood line) if oliseh’s Blood line is Igbo as his last name suggests and if doesn’t have paternity test to prove otherwise then he is Igbo. Mind you we are not talking about social constructs here which his may as well be calabar, Lagosian, Yoruba, South African and what have you.

asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Mr. Oliseh don't worry about this set back; you will back better than before. The final implosion - Fortuna Sittard will NEVER achieve promotion
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

asabatex wrote:Mr. Oliseh don't worry about this set back; you will back better than before. The final implosion - Fortuna Sittard will NEVER achieve promotion
:clap:

Im surprised at the vile that is contained within some on this site. :sad:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

JACKAL wrote:
green4life wrote:Solowe, this your bad belle thread get as e be. Ah ah now.

Once again, I dont have bad belle towards him nor do i wish him bad fortune... I just know Sunday from his history in Management..
You called it Nostradamus
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

green4life wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
green4life wrote:Solowe, this your bad belle thread get as e be. Ah ah now.

Once again, I dont have bad belle towards him nor do i wish him bad fortune... I just know Sunday from his history in Management..
You called it Nostradamus
G4L,

TBH, I loathe giving Solowe/Jackal credit on this. I believe most of us expected this to happen but quietly prayed that it will not take place. What is different is Solowe/Jackal sticking his head out to focus on the character flaw at the time when most of us focused on the opportunity that Oliseh was getting and hoping for the best.

Oliseh's history is littered with this behavior and it is likely part of his DNA. You need to read Colin Udoh's piece on this where he cites that this behavior was taking place in the SE while Oliseh was an SE player. Thus, it really isn't rocket science. The sad thing about it is that Oliseh clearly shows that he can coach and we found that out doing his stint at Fortuna but this character flaw is going to be, always, an issue. Ask yourself, if you are the owner of a club why would you hire a guy like this when there are coaches with similar talent but come without the baggage that Oliseh comes with.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics