COUNTDOWN TO OLISEH'S IMPLOSION AT FORTUNA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: COUNTDOWN TO OLISEH'S IMPLOSION AT FORTUNA

Post by green4life »

Solowe, this your bad belle thread get as e be. Ah ah now.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

green4life wrote:Solowe, this your bad belle thread get as e be. Ah ah now.

Once again, I dont have bad belle towards him nor do i wish him bad fortune... I just know Sunday from his history in Management..
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

nim wrote:
Solowe wrote:
nim wrote:Solowe....YOU ARE A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING...!

Jeeez!
Nimrod...if I am terrible human being, what is Oliseh ??? Lucifer ? :mrgreen:
Just fork off abeg!!!

....Shrivelled Cork!
:curse:
Why are you so angry... You seem like such a hateful human being !!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Solowe, no amount of jokes can hide you wishing misfortune to someone just appointed to a new role. Its very bad karma...na wah for you...wetin Oliseh do you personally? Some of you go too far at times :evil:
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Oliseh was never my top choice for the Nigerian coaching gig for very good reason.

He was never a good fit for the jaguda gang masking as football administrators at the so-called glass house.

In Europe, Oliseh has lived and adapted well to life there.

There isn't a doubt he will make a success of it and even use it as a launchpad to higher heights.

At least he won't have to experience the dysfunction of the Nigeria environment to distract him.

I keep saying that these professionals are doing Nigeria a service. To put their lives on the line to serve a useless country for nothing takes guts.

I dare anyone to serve Nigeria for zero. Think about that before you criticize.

Na yam?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cchinukw wrote:Oliseh was never my top choice for the Nigerian coaching gig for very good reason.

He was never a good fit for the jaguda gang masking as football administrators at the so-called glass house.

In Europe, Oliseh has lived and adapted well to life there.

There isn't a doubt he will make a success of it and even use it as a launchpad to higher heights.

At least he won't have to experience the dysfunction of the Nigeria environment to distract him.

I keep saying that these professionals are doing Nigeria a service. To put their lives on the line to serve a useless country for nothing takes guts.

I dare anyone to serve Nigeria for zero. Think about that before you criticize.

Na yam?
Bros, I love all the above but please this is not putting someone's life on the line. That should be reserved for those who are in the battle field fighting for their country. There is nothing about sport that should be equated to that. It is repulsive to read about sports in that way. Please.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Launching the "COUNTDOWN SERIES".

If I knew this countdown stuff was going to impassion people line this, I would have written it a long time ago. I apologize to all of you for just thinking of writing it now.

So just like my Polling series where we polled everything, we are going to be counting down everything from here on...It is going to be sweeeeet :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Examples of countdown topics:

Countdown to Igalo only scoring 6 goals this season
Countdown to Kelechi scoring 17 goals this season
Countdown to Guardiola getting Fired
Countdown to Sunday releasing another ranting video

Ohhhh we are going to have so much fun !! :mrgreen:
Last edited by JACKAL on Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Solowe wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Solowe wrote:Just for all you naysayers, I am going to up the ante : I am going to give him 180 days to show his true colors !!

Within the next 180 days Oliseh will implode at that job. If I am wrong, i will leave CE for 1 year and Not write a single word. !!!

This means by July 5th 2017 he would have imploded otherwise solowe is no more on CE for 1 year. I am a man of my word. I kept my word when said I wouldn't write the EB series anymore. I kept my word then, I will keep my word now.
Solobaba, no need to make the bet. I know you believe, like the scorpion, Oliseh can't help himself. But let's pray for the guy. Let's pray he succeeds because it will open the path for others like him.

I hope he shows more tact when he is dealing with both management and the players.
I hope he learns to take the blame for defeats and give the credit to the players for victories.
I hope he communicates better with everyone around him.
I hope he handles criticism better even from people he loathes.
I hope he has good health.

You can't be a good teacher or manager if you are easily frustrated. It is a frustrating position... I hope he realizes it.
Once again Cellular, you are the only with the appropriate response.

If this was job interview and someone asked me to give Sunday a recommendation, I would give him a very bad review based on the things I already pointed out about him. Is it becuase I have "bad belle" as some here colloquially keep saying ? No ! I am just measuring him based on his previously bad performance.

The issue is not about his knowledge of the game, its about his inability to work with others. He doesn't have the right temperament for management. For me I am under no illusions about him so I will maintain a very healthy dose of skepticism.

Those of you who are expecting a different result are being very Naive. You already know who he is..I assure you, he wont disappoint ... He will do exactly as he had done before...

Our people are always filled with these emotional responses when they should be taking a critical look at the mans past actions and using that to analyse him. This is why we keep picking faulty leaders to lead our country and then we are surprised when they dont perform.

When this is all said and done, i hope one this naysayers has the courage to step up and say it out loud: "Solowe, you were right" !!
It's not what you're trying to say that's the problem, it's how you're saying it. That's what's bothering people.

This comes across like you're wishing for him to fail. It's a bit off-putting.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Solowe wrote:

Once again, I dont have bad belle towards him nor do i wish him bad fortune... I just know Sunday from his history in Management..
We should wish him well. No point in gloating with "I told you so"; Fortuna is not our team nor do we have any stake it in. Better he succeeds than not.
ikemba_nacho
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba_nacho »

This is such an insidious thread, takes a special person to do this
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

sarkin doya wrote:
Solowe wrote:

We should wish him well. No point in gloating with "I told you so"; Fortuna is not our team nor do we have any stake it in. Better he succeeds than not.
"I told you so" is even better. At least the damage would've already been done. This one is like he's pre-empting it, eagerly hoping for Oliseh to fail. It's like one level below actively plotting against Oliseh's success.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

cic old boy wrote:Slow Ole's beef with Oliseh goes back to 2002 and Baba Oni. Slow Ole thought Baba Oni was the best "management material" ever (I'd leave readers to decide why Slow Ole thought like that). Oliseh obviously had different views on Baba Oni's capabilities. Since then Slow Ole has never forgiven Oliseh.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Waffiman wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Slow Ole's beef with Oliseh goes back to 2002 and Baba Oni. Slow Ole thought Baba Oni was the best "management material" ever (I'd leave readers to decide why Slow Ole thought like that). Oliseh obviously had different views on Baba Oni's capabilities. Since then Slow Ole has never forgiven Oliseh.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Too much Bad Belle on this Site... Too many Naysayers, too many people who dont wish people well...They criticize so they can feel good about themselves, just to feel superior for a minute,... Its so sad. :winking: :dream:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Coaching or managing in Nigeria is hard with people (like the author of this thread) trying to bring you down regularly.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

Solowe is just stating his view, based on what he knows. This is the beauty of a civilized society, let him be. Wouldn't it be crazy funny if his prediction did come through.
I wish Oliseh the very best, but how many of us would place money on him sticking through thick and thin with the club, I'd wager very few.
Let Solowe be abeg, Don't always agree with him, but at least one can tell he's put some thought into his posts, which is more than I can say for many on the forum. Follow, follow people always joining the crowd to lynch...
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Bros okidoki...solowe can tell us nothiung about oliseh that we do not already know...I repeat nothing. It still doesn't mean he actively wishes sonny loses his job even though no-one on this site would be shocked if it unfortunately happened. he has just been given a breakout role which could have wide ranging implications if he is successful and i hope he is faults and all.
Just wish the man all the best...haba, sometimes, we have to look at the big picture abeg. Whatever, lynching takes place, solowe brought it on himself..his own bad belle get Phd. Wetin?? E no reach like that abegi!!:veryangry: :veryangry:
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Eclipse wrote:Bros okidoki...solowe can tell us nothiung about oliseh that we do not already know...I repeat nothing. It still doesn't mean he actively wishes sonny loses his job even though no-one on this site would be shocked if it unfortunately happened. he has just been given a breakout role which could have wide ranging implications if he is successful and i hope he is faults and all.
Just wish the man all the best...haba, sometimes, we have to look at the big picture abeg. Whatever, lynching takes place, solowe brought it on himself..his own bad belle get Phd. Wetin?? E no reach like that abegi!!:veryangry: :veryangry:
Eclipse,

This is where people like you lack any credibility or perspective. Sunday gets a job as a 2nd division coach in one of the smallest countries in Europe and you call it a "breakout role".... Yet, they give him the job as the national coach of one of the biggest soccer playing nations on the planet.... His break out role was the eagles job, not this 3rd rate appointment for a non name club in holland. You people need to get some perspective. There are 200 Nigeria born coaches who would kill for that role, heck, there 200 coaches world wide who would kill for that Eagles job. !!!

Its only in your mind that Solowe is being lynched. People are entitled to their own opinion..and I stand by mine.

Just so that we are clear, let tell you what i really think of sunday. I think he has a borderline personality which is Psych disorder. All that ranting on Youtube and letter writing is a sign of an unbalanced person. If he was Mikel, instead of going out thanking Chelsea for giving him 11 great years, he would have been cursing Conti and Abramovich for ruining his career and will want to start a player revolt there.....
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Eclipse wrote:Solowe, no amount of jokes can hide you wishing misfortune to someone just appointed to a new role. Its very bad karma...na wah for you...wetin Oliseh do you personally? Some of you go too far at times :evil:
I have read Solowe's opening post a couple of times and I am unable to see where he is "wishing misfortune" on Sunday Oliseh. While I find his post cynical and unsavory, I note that there is a difference between saying "I want X to fail" and "I believe X will fail". CE is littered with cases of the latter across diverse personalities: "Buhari will fail", "Countdown to Jose Mourinho getting fired", "Ghana will not qualify for WC 2017".

Solowe - a known rabble rouser - may well hold ill-intentions towards Sunday Oliseh but the post below is not evidence of that. The post below is his prediction of an outcome based on his read of Oliseh's (in)abilities. July will bring revelation.
Solowe wrote:How long do you think it would take for Oliseh to show his true colors at this new coaching appointment ?

I have often said Sunday is not management material and he is about to prove it again at this new appointment at Fortuna. I am going to use this thread as a way to keep track of his progress towards creating Chaos and acrimony at this club before he take his final curtain bow.

Please watch this space over the next few months !!
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

ikemba_nacho wrote:This is such an insidious thread, takes a special person to do this
A couple of those special people are on Rant and Rave waitin for PMB to fail because of his past history. :taunt:
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Solowe wrote:
Eclipse wrote:Bros okidoki...solowe can tell us nothiung about oliseh that we do not already know...I repeat nothing. It still doesn't mean he actively wishes sonny loses his job even though no-one on this site would be shocked if it unfortunately happened. he has just been given a breakout role which could have wide ranging implications if he is successful and i hope he is faults and all.
Eclipse,

This is where people like you lack any credibility or perspective. Sunday gets a job as a 2nd division coach in one of the smallest countries in Europe and you call it a "breakout role".... Yet, they give him the job as the national coach of one of the biggest soccer playing nations on the planet.... His break out role was the eagles job, not this 3rd rate appointment for a non name club in holland. You people need to get some perspective. There are 200 Nigeria born coaches who would kill for that role, heck, there 200 coaches world wide who would kill for that Eagles job. !!!

Its only in your mind that Solowe is being lynched. People are entitled to their own opinion..and I stand by mine.

Just so that we are clear, let tell you what i really think of sunday. I think he has a borderline personality which is Psych disorder. All that ranting on Youtube and letter writing is a sign of an unbalanced person. If he was Mikel, instead of going out thanking Chelsea for giving him 11 great years, he would have been cursing Conti and Abramovich for ruining his career and will want to start a player revolt there.....
Solowe, I call it a breakout role because he has been given a role in EUROPE, not africa and am sorry, being the NT coach of nigeria has never been an automatic path to coaching in Europe so much for my "lack of perspective". I still stand by my earlier statement, regardless of what you think of Sonny and lord knows a lot of us have our thoughts on him, wish him well and move on...instead your here hedging bets on when he'll throw a tantrum and worse.Whether he is management material or not is none of your damn business, (taking panadol for somebody else's headache)he took and passed the relevant coaching badges and that is all that matters, what he does from here on in is on him. Have a nice day.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Eclipse wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Eclipse,

Solowe, I call it a breakout role because he has been given a role in EUROPE, not africa and am sorry, being the NT coach of nigeria has never been an automatic path to coaching in Europe so much for my "lack of perspective". I still stand by my earlier statement, regardless of what you think of Sonny and lord knows a lot of us have our thoughts on him, wish him well and move on...instead your here hedging bets on when he'll throw a tantrum and worse.Whether he is management material or not is none of your damn business, (taking panadol for somebody else's headache)he took and passed the relevant coaching badges and that is all that matters, what he does from here on in is on him. Have a nice day.
This is where you are confused and dont really have good perspectives.... You dont become the national coach of Nigeria and use it as a stepping stone to becoming 2nd division Coach in Holland. This stuff is supposed to happen the other way around. This is why Pinnick failed us and Cheapened the job and confused people like you by Hiring Oliseh who had virtually no coaching experience.
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Solowe wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
Solowe wrote:
Eclipse,

This is where you are confused and dont really have good perspectives.... You dont become the national coach of Nigeria and use it as a stepping stone to becoming 2nd division Coach in Holland. This stuff is supposed to happen the other way around. This is why Pinnick failed us and Cheapened the job and confused people like you by Hiring Oliseh who had virtually no coaching experience.

This stuff is supposed to happen the other way around.
This is where i differ from you solowe, My perspective is based on real life experiences not on "the right way around". As a BLACK man based in Europe, make no bones about it, Oliseh being made the coach of Fortuna is a big deal, that it was done the wrong way around is neither here or there as far as I am concerned, bottom line a naija man has finally been made a coach of a club in europe.It has finally happened!!
How you can tie that to Pinnick cheapening the job and confusing people like me is quite frankly ludicrous. Since when have things been done the right way in naija? I mean ...seriously??As for Pinnick confusing me?...Pinnick couldn't confuse himself in a toilet!! I have things to do abeg!!
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

[/quote]This is where i differ from you solowe, My perspective is based on real life experiences not on "the right way around". As a BLACK man based in Europe, make no bones about it, Oliseh being made the coach of Fortuna is a big deal, that it was done the wrong way around is neither here or there as far as I am concerned, bottom line a naija man has finally been made a coach of a club in europe.It has finally happened!!
How you can tie that to Pinnick cheapening the job and confusing people like me is quite frankly ludicrous. Since when have things been done the right way in naija? I mean ...seriously??As for Pinnick confusing me?...Pinnick couldn't confuse himself in a toilet!! I have things to do abeg!![/quote]

There have been a few black coaches in Europe before Oliseh, why is this a big deal to you ??

As its been pointed out in Anointed's thread there have been or are currently at least 4 Nigerian coaches today in Europe. Did you forget Amokachi or Peter Ijeh.. Why is Sundays under Achievement today so special in your eyes... His European peers are coaching the likes of Chelsea and Sunderland etc... and yes, there are white guys who are his peers who cant get a coaching job at all.... So your black mans theories just dont jive... Why is Sundays under achieving appointment so special in your eyes ??

Look, one thing you need to know is if you are a known Quality someone will hire you, regardless of what color or race you are... these European teams are out to make Money and the idea that they find a guy who can win them championships and they wont hire him becuase of his race is ludacris. They Hire Brazilian and Argentinean coaches becuase they win World championships..Not becuase of their race.

Between you and me Ellipse, I dont give a rats azzz if a Nigerian coaches in Europe..Its not a priority for our Football. We have our own country and continent...What I care about is Nigerian coaches developing into world class coaches and helping the game grow in Nigeria. The Eagles job is the best Job any Nigeria Coach should aspire for, not some desperate 2nd division club in Holland who could go bankrupt at any time.