Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 6:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312


Quote:
Manchester City and Liverpool are tracking Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze
The 19-year-old Nigerian has caught the eye this season and scored eight goals
Arsenal, Leicester and Atletico have all previously been linked with the winger
He has been likened to Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben due to his style of play

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... wueze.html


Last edited by JACKAL on Wed May 01, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: South London
But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite wanting to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21958
Location: NORTH AMERICA
Eaglezbeak wrote:
But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite want to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!

And you think he'll be walking straight into the starting 11 of the aforementioned clubs.

_________________
APC vs PDP, THE DEMS vs GOP. FURTHER PROOF THAT POLITICS IS A CULT WHERE SELF-INTEREST TRUMPS THE CONSTITUTION!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2599
Liverpool would be a bad move except Mane or Salah are leaving. Man City wouldn't be ideal either. Think he should stay at Villareal for another year or two.
Athletico would be a good next move.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14183
If he goes to any of these clubs he should be loaned out.

I agree with others that Villareal would be good because he will get playing time.

I think any club where he plays the majority of the time is what is important.

Perhaps a loan deal to a club like Lille which will be playing champions League would be ideal.

He would be a guranteed starter at Lille with Pepe moving on.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 7603
Hell No! Abeg whoever is advising this kid should not try to cash in too early on his talent, otherwise they will destroy his career before it starts.

There is zero chance he starts for City or Pool yet. He is not ready. One more year at Villareal at least, playing in La Liga is what he needs.

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:25 pm
Posts: 7603
vancity eagle wrote:
If he goes to any of these clubs he should be loaned out.

I agree with others that Villareal would be good because he will get playing time.

I think any club where he plays the majority of the time is what is important.

Perhaps a loan deal to a club like Lille which will be playing champions League would be ideal.

He would be a guranteed starter at Lille with Pepe moving on.


He should only go on loan if Villareal fail to stay in La Liga. And for now, it is looking like they will avoid the drop.
A move to Lille or any other league will be a step backward in my opinion. Like you said, the priority for him is first team football, and he has already achieved that in La Liga.

He needs one more year in Villareal, then the sky is the limit.

_________________
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:11 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 62140
He should decline the U20 invitation. He is already a starter.for his club. He should use the summer to rest if he is not selected for Afcon.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:56 pm
Posts: 1707
I think Liverpool will actually be a good spot. I see him replacing Mane Mane!. Sturridge is more or less gone. He'll need to upstage Origi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2734
Location: U.S
ohenhen1 wrote:
He should decline the U20 invitation. He is already a starter.for his club. He should use the summer to rest if he is not selected for Afcon.




I just hope the daft rohr is not thinking of picking players like Moses Simon over chukwueze. With Kalu struggling with fitness, chukwueze should be a starter for SE. Simple and plain


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: South London
Ekorian wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite want to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!

And you think he'll be walking straight into the starting 11 of the aforementioned clubs.

Well I stated he shouldn't bother with City,Liverpool will be selling players but are more likely to spend and actually use a player as they are going to get very high offers for their best players over the next few seasons.

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14458
Location: South London
JACKAL wrote:
Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!

If they want him he'll leave no doubt but if he wants to play regularly I'm telling you it won't be with City!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 14183
JACKAL wrote:
Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!



I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

He should try and go somewhere where he will have a lot of playing time.

He may fit in at Liverpool, especially if Mane leaves, but it will still be a fight.

My ideal club for him would be Lille.

Champions league, plus he would play every match and be on one of the top teams in the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3238
For some reason I see a player like Chukwueze doing well in Arsenal than Liverpool and Man city.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:49 am
Posts: 8312
vancity eagle wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!



I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

He should try and go somewhere where he will have a lot of playing time.

He may fit in at Liverpool, especially if Mane leaves, but it will still be a fight.

My ideal club for him would be Lille.

Champions league, plus he would play every match and be on one of the top teams in the league.

I actually think Man city style is the perfect fit for him. Sane on the left..Chukweze on the right....its a devastating combo. If he wants to be the best, he has to compete with the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39497
Location: Land of the Terrapins
icee wrote:
I think Liverpool will actually be a good spot. I see him replacing Mane Mane!. Sturridge is more or less gone. He'll need to upstage Origi


Replacing Mane? Come on now...Mane and Salah are starters, if anything he'd come in as a backup to Salah which isn't necessarily ideal for him as he needs games to work on his deficiencies, games without too much pressure and expectations.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
Move and regret it is better than not move and regret it. If he believes in his own abilities he'll relish the opportunity to work with one of the best coach in the business. If it doesn't work out he'll have his wage increase as compensation.
If he stays at Villarreal and things don't work out he'll have regret as his compensation.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39497
Location: Land of the Terrapins
JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
JACKAL wrote:
Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!



I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

He should try and go somewhere where he will have a lot of playing time.

He may fit in at Liverpool, especially if Mane leaves, but it will still be a fight.

My ideal club for him would be Lille.

Champions league, plus he would play every match and be on one of the top teams in the league.

I actually think Man city style is the perfect fit for him. Sane on the left..Chukweze on the right....its a devastating combo. If he wants to be the best, he has to compete with the best.


:rotf: :rotf: And where would Man City's 'Sterling' super star be? IMO he should move to one of these teams but should ask for a loan move (even back to Villareal) for a season or two to get consistent PT.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:39 am
Posts: 18710
He should stay out of England at all costs. Spain and France are the best options for him, Monaco would be nice

_________________
OCCUPY NFF!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37571
Thank God none of you are in charge of the boy future,how many of you will turn down such opportunity if a big club like Liverpool come calling?Take the offer learn from a top manager like KLOPP,teams like Liverpool with so many games he will play 30 plus games.
He is that good and will compete with likes of Mane and Salah.His current team about to head to second division if they drop any more points.


Last edited by kajifu on Wed May 01, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:38 pm
Posts: 9010
Location: NJ,USA
Who in his right mind will want this kid to go to EPL @ this time?

_________________
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39497
Location: Land of the Terrapins
The real deal wrote:
Who in his right mind will want this kid to go to EPL @ this time?


Ummm why not? He better take that money, nothing in life is guaranteed! You can always go on loan for PT.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Ki igbo legal and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group