LIVERPOOL & MANCITY TRY TO LAND CHUKUWEZE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

JACKAL
Egg
Egg
LIVERPOOL & MANCITY TRY TO LAND CHUKUWEZE

Post by JACKAL »

[/video]
Manchester City and Liverpool are tracking Villarreal's Samuel Chukwueze
The 19-year-old Nigerian has caught the eye this season and scored eight goals
Arsenal, Leicester and Atletico have all previously been linked with the winger
He has been likened to Bayern Munich's Arjen Robben due to his style of play

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... wueze.html
Last edited by JACKAL on Wed May 01, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIVERPOOL & MANCITY TRY TO LAND CHUKUWEZE

Post by Eaglezbeak »

But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite wanting to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Eaglezbeak wrote:But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite want to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!
And you think he'll be walking straight into the starting 11 of the aforementioned clubs.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Liverpool would be a bad move except Mane or Salah are leaving. Man City wouldn't be ideal either. Think he should stay at Villareal for another year or two.
Athletico would be a good next move.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If he goes to any of these clubs he should be loaned out.

I agree with others that Villareal would be good because he will get playing time.

I think any club where he plays the majority of the time is what is important.

Perhaps a loan deal to a club like Lille which will be playing champions League would be ideal.

He would be a guranteed starter at Lille with Pepe moving on.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Hell No! Abeg whoever is advising this kid should not try to cash in too early on his talent, otherwise they will destroy his career before it starts.

There is zero chance he starts for City or Pool yet. He is not ready. One more year at Villareal at least, playing in La Liga is what he needs.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

vancity eagle wrote:If he goes to any of these clubs he should be loaned out.

I agree with others that Villareal would be good because he will get playing time.

I think any club where he plays the majority of the time is what is important.

Perhaps a loan deal to a club like Lille which will be playing champions League would be ideal.

He would be a guranteed starter at Lille with Pepe moving on.
He should only go on loan if Villareal fail to stay in La Liga. And for now, it is looking like they will avoid the drop.
A move to Lille or any other league will be a step backward in my opinion. Like you said, the priority for him is first team football, and he has already achieved that in La Liga.

He needs one more year in Villareal, then the sky is the limit.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should decline the U20 invitation. He is already a starter.for his club. He should use the summer to rest if he is not selected for Afcon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

I think Liverpool will actually be a good spot. I see him replacing Mane Mane!. Sturridge is more or less gone. He'll need to upstage Origi
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ohenhen1 wrote:He should decline the U20 invitation. He is already a starter.for his club. He should use the summer to rest if he is not selected for Afcon.

I just hope the daft rohr is not thinking of picking players like Moses Simon over chukwueze. With Kalu struggling with fitness, chukwueze should be a starter for SE. Simple and plain
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ekorian wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:But Nigeria are sending him to the U20 World despite want to win the Afcon,anyway he shouldn’t bother with City!
And you think he'll be walking straight into the starting 11 of the aforementioned clubs.
Well I stated he shouldn't bother with City,Liverpool will be selling players but are more likely to spend and actually use a player as they are going to get very high offers for their best players over the next few seasons.
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

The best scouts and general managers say he is ready..he is ready !!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

JACKAL wrote:Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

He is going to wait 1 or 2 years where he can get injured or forgotten if his form dips ??

If they want him he'll leave no doubt but if he wants to play regularly I'm telling you it won't be with City!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

JACKAL wrote:Some of you guys responding to this make me laugh.... If Chukuweze moves to City or Liverpool how much of a wage bump do you think he is going to get ?? He is probably making less than $350K a year right now... That one move will move him up to about $120K a week in England which is over $6M a year for 5 years. = $30Million What fool would turn that down ?

I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

He should try and go somewhere where he will have a lot of playing time.

He may fit in at Liverpool, especially if Mane leaves, but it will still be a fight.

My ideal club for him would be Lille.

Champions league, plus he would play every match and be on one of the top teams in the league.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

For some reason I see a player like Chukwueze doing well in Arsenal than Liverpool and Man city.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

He may fit in at Liverpool, especially if Mane leaves, but it will still be a fight.

Champions league, plus he would play every match and be on one of the top teams in the league.

I actually think Man city style is the perfect fit for him. Sane on the left..Chukweze on the right....its a devastating combo. If he wants to be the best, he has to compete with the best.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

icee wrote:I think Liverpool will actually be a good spot. I see him replacing Mane Mane!. Sturridge is more or less gone. He'll need to upstage Origi
Replacing Mane? Come on now...Mane and Salah are starters, if anything he'd come in as a backup to Salah which isn't necessarily ideal for him as he needs games to work on his deficiencies, games without too much pressure and expectations.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Move and regret it is better than not move and regret it. If he believes in his own abilities he'll relish the opportunity to work with one of the best coach in the business. If it doesn't work out he'll have his wage increase as compensation.
If he stays at Villarreal and things don't work out he'll have regret as his compensation.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

JACKAL wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

I agree.

But hell no to Mancity.

I actually think Man city style is the perfect fit for him. Sane on the left..Chukweze on the right....its a devastating combo. If he wants to be the best, he has to compete with the best.
:rotf: :rotf: And where would Man City's 'Sterling' super star be? IMO he should move to one of these teams but should ask for a loan move (even back to Villareal) for a season or two to get consistent PT.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He should stay out of England at all costs. Spain and France are the best options for him, Monaco would be nice
OCCUPY NFF!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Thank God none of you are in charge of the boy future,how many of you will turn down such opportunity if a big club like Liverpool come calling?Take the offer learn from a top manager like KLOPP,teams like Liverpool with so many games he will play 30 plus games.
He is that good and will compete with likes of Mane and Salah.His current team about to head to second division if they drop any more points.
Last edited by kajifu on Wed May 01, 2019 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The real deal
Egg
Egg

Post by The real deal »

Who in his right mind will want this kid to go to EPL @ this time?
Cujus esqulum, ajus es usqui ad inferos
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The real deal wrote:Who in his right mind will want this kid to go to EPL @ this time?
Ummm why not? He better take that money, nothing in life is guaranteed! You can always go on loan for PT.
Super Eagus 4 Life!