Rohr gives up on Enyeama

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg
Rohr gives up on Enyeama

Post by proclaimjesus02 »

” When we had crisis in our hands after Carl Ikeme’s injury, I called him (Enyeama) over 10 times and he never responded nor called back”, Rohr said to Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I am happy with how Daniel Akpeyi responded to the test when he was called up as emergency cover, but he needs to buckle up because we can’t solely depend on Ikeme”.

http://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/0 ... call-back/
Chimex101
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr gives up on Enyeama

Post by Chimex101 »

We need to move past Enyeama at this point, like seriously...he has served us credibly well but he's way over the hill right now, start to the grooming the likes of Alam past to take over cause Ikeme apart from been injury prone, is on his last leg of international duty age wise.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chimex101 wrote:We need to move past Enyeama at this point, like seriously...he has served us credibly well but he's way over the hill right now, start to the grooming the likes of Alam past to take over cause Ikeme apart from been injury prone, is on his last leg of international duty age wise.

What has "Alam" done to show he is a candidate worthy of being groomed? When did you last see him play?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

:clap: Enyema has served Nigeria well thank you and good luck with club career. I rather see SE fail with a Alampasu at a world cup than recycle – should not make same mistake again - Rufai 98
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

metalalloy wrote:
Chimex101 wrote:We need to move past Enyeama at this point, like seriously...he has served us credibly well but he's way over the hill right now, start to the grooming the likes of Alam past to take over cause Ikeme apart from been injury prone, is on his last leg of international duty age wise.

What has "Alam" done to show he is a candidate worthy of being groomed? When did you last see him play?
if you do not want Alam look for someone else no more Enyeama haba 3 worldcup 5 afcon appearances- e don do he will not perform any better in 2018
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

walesvilla wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

if you do not want Alam look for someone else no more Enyeama haba 3 worldcup 5 afcon appearances- e don do he will not perform any better in 2018
Why does he need to perform any better?

I hope you realize that if all the other players were at his level, we would be a top 10 global side on paper.

So he doesn't need to be better, so long as his team mates are better and the technical input and tactics are better. He is more than good enough for our objectives, if we want to go that route.

However, if we want to go another route, that is fine too.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

walesvilla wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

I have no problem looking for someone else. I am just questioning the basis of people who continue to throw out Alampasu's name. I am curious to see his body of work that does not involve the exploits of some 4 year old U-17 tournament.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

metalalloy wrote:

We all know Alampasu has always had the potential to be a terrific shot stopper, and he proved it with the U17 winning team(...plus he has the credentials we need...height and composure...it's a bit puzzling he hasn't been given a chance to prove his worth with the Eagles, good thing he is still young and will surely be in top contention for the Eagles spot, right now apart from Carl Ikeme who has been injury prone these days anyway, can you confidently point out one goal keeper that can man that post any better than Alampasu if given a chance?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chimex101 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

We all know Alampasu has always had the potential to be a terrific shot stopper, and he proved it with the U17 winning team...plus he has the credentials we need...height and composure, good thing he is still young and will surely be in top contention for the Eagles spot, right now apart from Carl Ikeme, can you confidently point out one goal keeper that can man that post any better than Alampasu if given a chance?

Bros, that was 4 years ago (IIRC). A lot happens in 4 years time. At this point in their careers, i will take a 23 year old Emmanuel Daniel with experience at Rangers over Alampasu every single opportunity. Alampasu needs to get consistent playing time somewhere to remain in the discussion. Fine he can be invited as a 3rd or 4th keeper, but there are other prospects with more experience that deserve a shot ahead of him IMHO until he shows otherwise.

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Whatever happened to Ejide by the way? Nigeria had goalkeeping strength in depth in the days when Enyeama was number 1 and Ejide was number 2 (with Aiyegnuba lurking and Ikeme not even in the picture).
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

wiseone wrote:Whatever happened to Ejide by the way? Nigeria had goalkeeping strength in depth in the days when Enyeama was number 1 and Ejide was number 2 (with Aiyegnuba lurking and Ikeme not even in the picture).
Ejide should have retired by now after the London friendly own goal
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

:rotf:
Ejide is only 32. That is young for a GK. Van der Sar joined Man Utd in his mid-30s and played until 40.
walesvilla wrote: Ejide should have retired by now after the London friendly own goal
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Over the hill? Though he is 34 or 35, Enyeama is the only Nigerian goalie playing in a tier 1 league at present. He has played 19 games in the French premier league this year.

Having said that, if Enyeama wants to focus on his club soccer, the coaches should look elsewhere to bolster the ranks of the goal keeping squad. Right now, the squad looks thin - no depth.

I do agree with your point that the next generation of young goalies should be brought into the fold. It is a shame that Alampasu is not getting game time at his club.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

proclaimjesus02 wrote:” When we had crisis in our hands after Carl Ikeme’s injury, I called him (Enyeama) over 10 times and he never responded nor called back”, Rohr said to Owngoalnigeria.com.

” I am happy with how Daniel Akpeyi responded to the test when he was called up as emergency cover, but he needs to buckle up because we can’t solely depend on Ikeme”.

I do recall Enyeama telling the coaching crew that he will be available this year (2017) and that he was not going to be available last year. Dude remains the best goalie we have.

We are yet to qualify for the world cup.

We need our best players to make sure we qualify.

This is how we were doing iyanga during the AFCON qualifiers and we are now subjected to watching others on TV.

The man he had beef with is no longer in charge.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
proclaimjesus02 wrote:” When we had crisis in our hands after Carl Ikeme’s injury, I called him (Enyeama) over 10 times and he never responded nor called back”, Rohr said to Owngoalnigeria.com.

I do recall Enyeama telling the coaching crew that he will be available this year (2017) and that he was not going to be available last year. Dude remains the best goalie we have.

This is how we were doing iyanga during the AFCON qualifiers and we are now subjected to watching others on TV.

Cell,

But if the guy does not want to play Nigeria should move on. I am certain that there are capable GKs both at home and abroad that can play and they do not have to be at Enyeama's level. TBH, Ikeme is not at Enyeama's level but he has been more than adequate and so may be others waiting in the wings. There is only so much that Nigeria can beg Enyeama, IMHO.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Shorty said he'll be back after we qualify for the WC. Why was Rohr blowing up his phone?? We need to learn from this idea of grooming. We spent 8 yrs grooming shorty only for him to become heady in 2010 after two MOM performances from losing positions. Nigeria stuck with him all that time he was flapping at crosses with Ejide and Aiyenugba as second class options. Ikeme was not even considered, infact no one else was. The fatal accident he was involved in was treated like a national tragedy. Today we have a hot head that doesn't do qualifiers as reward. We've already missed out on 2 ANCs because of him. A hot head that was too hot-headed to seat down when his coach asked him to but instead stormed out of camp and didn't have a rethink until he landed in Lille. Now he'll seat back and watch the ANC on big screen like the rest of us.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Chimex101
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimex101 »

Yeah Ikeme isn't on Enyeama's level pedigree wise, but right now..of the two goal stoppers, I'll take Ikeme over Enyeama as my first choice, at least Ikeme doesn't comically flap the most non-threatening of crosses..
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cell,

But if the guy does not want to play Nigeria should move on. I am certain that there are capable GKs both at home and abroad that can play and they do not have to be at Enyeama's level. TBH, Ikeme is not at Enyeama's level but he has been more than adequate and so may be others waiting in the wings. There is only so much that Nigeria can beg Enyeama, IMHO.
He did not say he did not want to play for Naijaria. What he said he was not ready at the time they approached him in an emergency situation.

Yes, Ikeme is more than adequate but as you mentioned he is not at Enyeama's level. Folks (NFF and the coaching crew) should set aside their respective egos and go and talk (appeal) to Enyeama. Dude served us diligently... If I was a player for the Eagles or any of the National teams I will be paying close attention on how they treat Enyeama. If they can unceremoniously discard an icon like Enyeama, then who are you? When that ball comes to a 50-50 tackle... you better make a business decision.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

felarey wrote:Shorty said he'll be back after we qualify for the WC. Why was Rohr blowing up his phone?? We need to learn from this idea of grooming. We spent 8 yrs grooming shorty only for him to become heady in 2010 after two MOM performances from losing positions. Nigeria stuck with him all that time he was flapping at crosses with Ejide and Aiyenugba as second class options. Ikeme was not even considered, infact no one else was. The fatal accident he was involved in was treated like a national tragedy. Today we have a hot head that doesn't do qualifiers as reward. We've already missed out on 2 ANCs because of him. A hot head that was too hot-headed to seat down when his coach asked him to but instead stormed out of camp and didn't have a rethink until he landed in Lille. Now he'll seat back and watch the ANC on big screen like the rest of us.
Oliseh treatment and handling of Enyeama and JMO and by extension his veterans was wrong.

You should be blaming Oliseh for not knowing how to manage men... see the difference with guys like the late Amodu, Keshi and even the new guy Rohr. No successful coach treats all the players the same...

Yes, we have missed out on 2 ANC because of coaches egos. They (Siasia against Guinea and Oliseh with the most recent qualifiers) tyrannical nature. On both accounts they felt they can win without Enyeama. Well, that's history. Luckily, we have a new coach who is saddled with misplaced overbloated sense of self-worth.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Owngoalnigeria is now reporting that Vince has denied getting any calls from ROHR. Vince sounds bitter tho!
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Nigerians love to eat vomit. Move on! Vincent is the past and should remain there
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:

Cell,

He did not say he did not want to play for Naijaria. What he said he was not ready at the time they approached him in an emergency situation.

Yes, Ikeme is more than adequate but as you mentioned he is not at Enyeama's level. Folks (NFF and the coaching crew) should set aside their respective egos and go and talk (appeal) to Enyeama. Dude served us diligently... If I was a player for the Eagles or any of the National teams I will be paying close attention on how they treat Enyeama. If they can unceremoniously discard an icon like Enyeama, then who are you? When that ball comes to a 50-50 tackle... you better make a business decision.
Which Enyeama are we talking about here?? The hot head in Lille that had a spot reserved for him on SE when he was at the likes of Enyimba, Iwuanyawu, Bnei Yehuda??? While others were firmly locked out. Shorty was the most privileged SE player in the last 20 yrs. 2 MOM performances at WC' 10 (neva mind he was at fault for Greece's second goal), he came of age and became a hot headed prick. Both Oliseh and Rohr went to his place to spend some time with him. This is one player the NFF has had time for and been good to. You just heard Rohr was blowing up his phone, yet you're still concerned about how he's treated. Anyway, it's my facebook friend Gernot Rohr I need to send a message to :P .
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Owngoalnigeria is now reporting that Vince has denied getting any calls from ROHR. Vince sounds bitter tho!
That was quick.

Any link to the updated story?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...