The Naijiant takeaway on Mikel's Chinese takeaway

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
The Naijiant takeaway on Mikel's Chinese takeaway

Post by cic old boy »

..this move smells so much of many of the decisions he has made over his career, which may have made financial sense, but has left many Nigerian fans, who first saw him as a precocious teenager mentioned in the same breath as Lionel Messi, wondering what could have been.
http://www.naijiant.com/sports/mikel-ob ... ulfilment/
http://www.naijiant.com/
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Naijiant takeaway on Mikel's Chinese takeaway

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:
..this move smells so much of many of the decisions he has made over his career, which may have made financial sense, but has left many Nigerian fans, who first saw him as a precocious teenager mentioned in the same breath as Lionel Messi, wondering what could have been.
http://www.naijiant.com/sports/mikel-ob ... ulfilment/
Kpom to the fullest....................worse move of his career was playing under the football coward as a teen.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

This season Conte decided there was no place for Obi in the type of football he wanted to play. While Obi was tossed into the football scrapheap, a fellow Nigerian at Chelsea, that was previously unwanted by past coaches, Victor Moses, grabbed the opportunities that a new coach with fresh ideas had to offer, playing with a verve, dynamism and creativity – even from a defensive position (wing-back) – that have proven to be beyond Obi.

So Obi read the writing on the Great Wall of China and decided it was time to head east. He would look back on his time in England and it would surely be seen as a success in terms of trophies and money in the bank. But all the hopes of standing shoulder to shoulder with Messi and being the creative influence for Nigeria that Okocha was, were passed sideways in typical abandoning responsibility fashion
http://www.naijiant.com
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:boo: :boo: :boo:
thanks for copy/posting from your master's site Zee.

bad belle

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

tfco wrote::boo: :boo: :boo:

bad belle
Dwarfy, you are looking real..............

good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:
tfco wrote::boo: :boo: :boo:

bad belle
Dwarfy, you are looking real..............

good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
your job is safe

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

tfco wrote: My job is safe
I can't agree any better.........with your height, ars- licking is right up your 'neighbourhood'. Foolish..............

Dwarf :lol: :lol: :lol:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

zee wrote:
tfco wrote: Your job is safe
I can't agree any better.........
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco, do you have anything to say about Mikel or are you just here to troll CIC?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:tfco, do you have anything to say about Mikel or are you just here to troll CIC?
i already stated my opinion.

if the rest of the article is anything like the quotes posted on here, then is it bad belle

JMO is the most decorated SE players of our generation - all this could have, should have is just rubbish

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:tfco, do you have anything to say about Mikel or are you just here to troll CIC?

if the rest of the article is anything like the quotes posted on here, then is it bad belle

JMO is the most decorated SE players of our generation - all this could have, should have is just rubbish
Whatever...................O' Mighty............

Dwarf :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:52 pm
My concern is that this might produce in JMO, a 21st century Ray "Square-ball" Wilkings. Capable of functioning within the straight-jacket of JM's Chelski football, but struggling to adapt elswhere, tentative and afraid of taking initiatives in an environment where what is required is sponteneity, innovativeness and self expression, as his talent ultimately deserves.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=83137&hilit=Mikel
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

But the reality is that Mikel has been playing one way for more than a decade, with the same range of passes, at the same tepid tempo; the same square ball, the same half trot!
http://africanfutbol.blogspot.com/2013/ ... l-obi.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

txj wrote:PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:52 pm
My concern is that this might produce in JMO, a 21st century Ray "Square-ball" Wilkings. Capable of functioning within the straight-jacket of JM's Chelski football, but struggling to adapt elswhere, tentative and afraid of taking initiatives in an environment where what is required is sponteneity, innovativeness and self expression, as his talent ultimately deserves.
Props Txj :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

zee wrote:
txj wrote:PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:52 pm
Props Txj :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
.... but the SE is a different environment and Mikel plays well and plays with freedom for Nigeria. Also, Mikel thrived under various managers at Chelsea though I agree that JM already established him as a protective but severely limited defence shield. Mikel, a glaring prince of the beautiful game, operated as a slave for most of his career.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

YemiBrazil wrote: .... but the SE is a different environment and Mikel plays well and plays with freedom for Nigeria. Also, Mikel thrived under various managers at Chelsea though I agree that JM already established him as a protective but severely limited defence shield. Mikel, a glaring prince of the beautiful game, operated as a slave for most of his career.
I can't remember a game he played well for Nigeria. The only manager at Chelski he could be described as "thriving" under was Hiddink.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
I can't agree any better.........with your height, ars- licking is right up your 'neighbourhood'. Foolish..............

Oh dear .... cheiii :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote:

kpom.. it is nothign but pure badbelle.. you know CIC is a massive failure in his blog, so he uses that anger to hate.. how can you fail ona simple thing as a blog.. bobo should call Linda to help him out...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Obi survived seven coaches at Chelsea and a second Mourinho spell, without ever becoming a permanent fixture in the team
Bros, this is FALSE. He had spells on the sidelines under AVB, Conte and and in the latter half of the second coming of Mourinho. Apart from that, he was as close to permanent as they come. Lets imagine that Chelsea played 50 games a season, Obi played for 7.5 yrs of his 10 years. If we give AVB & Conte absences a full season, and Mourinho absence 3/4 of a season, we see that Obi played in ~90% of the remaining games. And that doesnt account for time off for injuries
Last edited by deanotito on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:

Oh dear .... cheiii :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

deanotito wrote:
Obi survived seven coaches at Chelsea and a second Mourinho spell, without ever becoming a permanent fixture in the team
Bros, this is FALSE. He had spells on the sidelines under AVB, Conte and and in the latter half of the second coming of Mourinho. Apart from that, he was as close to permanent as they come. Lets imagine that Chelsea played 50 games a season, Obi played for 7.5 yrs of his 10 years. If we give AVB & Conte absences a full season, and Mourinho absence 3/4 of a season, we see that Obi played in ~90% of the remaining games. And that doesnt account for time off for injuries
Selective quoting. You forgot the end of the sentence you were quoting:
with the exception of Guus Hiddink’s two spells as interim coach.
Obi only played 30+ league games in one season - 2008/09 that accounts for the Hiddink first spell. Appearances don't tell the full story as he played many games as a sub brought on to shut out the game. I don't remember a coach that had Obi as a regular starter when everyone was fit - apart from Hiddink.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cic old boy wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote: .... but the SE is a different environment and Mikel plays well and plays with freedom for Nigeria. Also, Mikel thrived under various managers at Chelsea though I agree that JM already established him as a protective but severely limited defence shield. Mikel, a glaring prince of the beautiful game, operated as a slave for most of his career.
I can't remember a game he played well for Nigeria. The only manager at Chelski he could be described as "thriving" under was Hiddink.
I think he's been a better locker room figure than player for the most part but there was the game vs. Zimbabwe in 2006.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

you can criticize mikel performance for chelsea but to say you dont remember any good game that mikel played for nigeria is a pure lie. the guy has double figure in assists fo nigeria and has been our best/consistent player post kanu an okocha