Dimitri Payet does not want to play for West Ham

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Dimitri Payet does not want to play for West Ham

Post by Coach »

Where's Atticus Finch?
Bailing out when his team needs him most...Atticus, if you could.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Payet has got WHU by the balls. He is 29 and they know in a year's time, no one will want to pay big money for 30yo+ player not called Ronaldo. This is strange behaviour by Payet only a few months after signing a new contract. If he did not want to play for WHU. Why sign a new contract?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:They should let his yansh rot on the bench.

You know, I always wonder what manner of human being speaks like this. One thing i have found is that football fans are very emotional and irrational when it comes to football. Deeply rabid.

A man works for a company. He no longer wants to work there and will like to leave. He is insulted and pilloried. They demand that his career be destroyed or stunted because he wants to change jobs. I dont understand this. Look at what is happening to berahino. Is that a normal behavior of a company? Why should a man be forced to remain at the same office or same location, if he chooses he wants a change for himself and his family? When Payet left Marseille to come to West Ham, did Marseille force his "yansh to rot on the bench?"

The irrationality is staggering. The man wants to leave, find a solution and let him leave.
He is a self -employed contractor for WH until 2021, he signed a contract and is paid top wages for his services to perform to the best of his abilities.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You know, I always wonder what manner of human being speaks like this. One thing i have found is that football fans are very emotional and irrational when it comes to football. Deeply rabid.

A man works for a company. He no longer wants to work there and will like to leave. He is insulted and pilloried. They demand that his career be destroyed or stunted because he wants to change jobs. I dont understand this. Look at what is happening to berahino. Is that a normal behavior of a company? Why should a man be forced to remain at the same office or same location, if he chooses he wants a change for himself and his family? When Payet left Marseille to come to West Ham, did Marseille force his "yansh to rot on the bench?"

The irrationality is staggering. The man wants to leave, find a solution and let him leave.
I wasn't going to reply you but I'll reply just this once.

There is a contract between the two, club and player. If a club says "you know what we don't want to pay you again" I suspect there would be uproar.

He signed a new contract about 4 months ago. I hope a gun wasn't put to his head to sign?

Contract must be respected. Suddenly Payet says I don't want to play for you again. Does that sound like someone who tried to find an amicable way or your amicability is Payet saying and West Ham must do?

Please think before you talk. Payet has every right to seek pasture new and West Ham have every right to sell but both parties must agree.

It's amazing that a club that pays them very good money cannot force them to sign for another club but a player can ignore all the fans, the club have done for him and decide his signature and contract is worth nothing - when I want to leave I'll just stop playing.

Both entity need protecting and Payet has gone about it all wrong. If you can't see it then I'm sorry

To be fair to the player. Payet never asked to leave Marseille. They pretty much forced him out because they needed the money and he was 'nice' about it and didn't cause a ruckus because he knew they needed the money.

Also another thing to note in many sports is contracts are not a guarantee of anything. They can be more like hard guidelines many times. When clubs need to sell players, they do it even if the player wants to stay. We'll see how it goes but I really think they'd be better off letting the guy go back. Knowing a bit of his character, they'll really suffer if they force him to stay.
You've stated the point there. Payet was amicable and decide to go. OM could not have driven him to West Ham and forced him to sign. We've seen players that decide to stay and play with reserves just because they don't want to go.

Clubs or manager might think it's best for you to move on so you can agree with clubs coming in for you or you can stay put, like Mikel did and find your way out at your nearest opportunity or run down your contract - BUT REFUSING TO PLAY IS AGAINST THE CONTRACT HE SIGNED

I'm not sure what the latest labor requirements are and I know many governments have tried their best to go up against unions. I'm not a labor lawyer and don't know the details of the contract but I think he could fight this if push came to shove.

They can force him to train with the reserves/youth team and I'm sure he'd do that. They cannot force him to play for the first team.
I don't expect WH to and I'm not advocating that. If he refuses to play then he's in breach of his contract. You can't be getting paid for the services you're not delivering.
He could also be fined sued.

If he decides to play and doesn't give his best, they can bench him or take him out of the team altogether to train with the reserves.

It's a terrible situation and players do this to force the clubs hand.

We have to be balanced in our assessment. When clubs are wrong we should say it and when players are behaving like twats, we should be able to say that too.

He's on 7m a year before appearance and winning bonus fee. I think he can behave a little more respectful towards his employers.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao II wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38595765

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic says forward Dimitri Payet no longer wants to play for the club - but says they will not sell him.

The 29-year-old France international has regularly been linked with a move away from West Ham.

"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Payet joined West Ham from Marseille for £10.7m in June 2015.

He excelled in his first season with the club, scoring 12 goals and earning a nomination for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.

In February 2016 he signed a new contract to tie him to the Hammers to the summer of 2021.

However, even though he has scored on five occasions this season, Payet has failed to hit the same heights this season, and the Sun reported last week that Bilic had ordered the player to improve his attitude.

"I expect from him to come back and to show commitment and determination to the team like the team has shown to him," Bilic said on Friday.

"We aren't going to sell him, not whatsoever. It's not a money issue or anything. We want to keep our best players.

"I spoke to the chairman and this is not a money issue. We gave him a long contract because we want him to stay."

He was left on the bench for Friday's 5-0 FA Cup defeat by Manchester City.

West Ham are 13th in the Premier League, seven points above the relegation zone, and host Crystal Palace on Saturday.
If this a certain other player, a certain somebody world be waxing lyrical throwing around fancy buzzwords like overrated and fluke.

Ah well. :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Payet has seen the light! Wet Spam failed him with their fake expectations so I don't blame him. Let him go and move on.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I wonder who tapped him up to make him want to down tools for WHU.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Where is Atticus Finch to balance the kangaroo court?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I wasn't going to reply you but I'll reply just this once.

There is a contract between the two, club and player. If a club says "you know what we don't want to pay you again" I suspect there would be uproar.

He signed a new contract about 4 months ago. I hope a gun wasn't put to his head to sign?

Contract must be respected. Suddenly Payet says I don't want to play for you again. Does that sound like someone who tried to find an amicable way or your amicability is Payet saying and West Ham must do?

Please think before you talk. Payet has every right to seek pasture new and West Ham have every right to sell but both parties must agree.

It's amazing that a club that pays them very good money cannot force them to sign for another club but a player can ignore all the fans, the club have done for him and decide his signature and contract is worth nothing - when I want to leave I'll just stop playing.

Both entity need protecting and Payet has gone about it all wrong. If you can't see it then I'm sorry

This place is full of old men who act like 5 year old girls. "I wasnt going to respond to you." :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Who gives a flying dangidy dam.n whether you were going to respond? You think I am a 17 year old boy toasting you and waiting for your response??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: are you a 13 year old girl? Please grow up! If you want to respond, do so. If you dont want to respond, move along. This childishness and b1tchyness on cybereagles is just becoming disgusting. You are an old man, act like one.

To the issue, Payet and West Ham have a contract. do you know what a contract is? Do you know the terms of the contract??? Please, dont give me that nonsense. A contract does not mean that West Ham should enslave Payet because he wants to leave. Afterall, I am sure you also signed a contract at your job, even if you are a taxi driver. Every company signs an agreement with their employer before he/she is hired. Payet wants out, West Ham simply needs to state their price! SIMPLE!

LOOK at the nonsense I highlighted, can you believe it???? what has west ham done for Payet? Did they save his family from genocide??? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: can you believe that rubbish! This is the nonsense that fans always spout! "What the club has done for him!" what da diggity foooooook has west ham done? Can it be compared to what Payet did for West Ham last year? Is this the thanks he gets for carrying them last year??? This is a business! Not personal! No one gives a damn about what one did for the other, the man wants out, sell him! Good grief!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

I have a different opinion on this, why keep a player that don't want to me there, make the money off him as soon as you can, he is 29yrs already, his attitude and behavior will infect the team if he is not let go ASAP.
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@danfo driver easy on my fellow north London fans.I remember most of their respond about Adebayor wahala with spurs.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:@danfo driver easy on my fellow north London fans.I remember most of their respond about Adebayor wahala with spurs.

Na small team mentality dey worry the guy! "let him rot on the bench" "After what we have done for him" "the fans stood by him" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: cliche comments by a fan of a small team! Always feel entitled! Payet was not even born in london. He just arrived there like what? two years ago? And we are hearing "after what west ham has done for him!:" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what have they done for him??? did they pay his wife's bride price? nonsense! I cant wait to hear what this one will say when Dele Alli moves on to better things.... they will come here insulting him, telling us about how tottenham saved the boys life by taking him from division 13 and teaching him football. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kajifu wrote:@danfo driver easy on my fellow north London fans.I remember most of their respond about Adebayor wahala with spurs.
Kajifu,please leave Adebayor out of this. Spurs paid him off.
With Adebauor, first it was Arsenal, then it was City, then it was Spurs in between incidents with Togo and our beloved Keshi.
Where is Adebayor now? It can be other peoples fault for so long. Soo we or later all eyes wil turn to you.

While you're at it find out Payetp's history with his previous clubs. West Ham took a gamble on him. Yes he played well for them. They also help rescue his career.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

theYemster wrote:
Cristao II wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38595765

West Ham United manager Slaven Bilic says forward Dimitri Payet no longer wants to play for the club - but says they will not sell him.

The 29-year-old France international has regularly been linked with a move away from West Ham.

"We have said we don't want to sell our best players but Payet does not want to play for us," Bilic said. "We are not going to sell him."

Payet joined West Ham from Marseille for £10.7m in June 2015.

He excelled in his first season with the club, scoring 12 goals and earning a nomination for the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.

In February 2016 he signed a new contract to tie him to the Hammers to the summer of 2021.

However, even though he has scored on five occasions this season, Payet has failed to hit the same heights this season, and the Sun reported last week that Bilic had ordered the player to improve his attitude.

"I expect from him to come back and to show commitment and determination to the team like the team has shown to him," Bilic said on Friday.

"We aren't going to sell him, not whatsoever. It's not a money issue or anything. We want to keep our best players.

"I spoke to the chairman and this is not a money issue. We gave him a long contract because we want him to stay."

He was left on the bench for Friday's 5-0 FA Cup defeat by Manchester City.

West Ham are 13th in the Premier League, seven points above the relegation zone, and host Crystal Palace on Saturday.
If this a certain other player, a certain somebody world be waxing lyrical throwing around fancy buzzwords like overrated and fluke.

Ah well. :)
Don't forget bug-eyed and droopy. All thrown out with vicious venom while petting belle and guzzling one large odeku as he is wiping lips with a newly acquired jersey of the same man.
Last edited by platinum on Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:
With Adebauor, first it was Arsenal, then it was City, then it was Spurs in between incidents with Togo and our beloved Keshi.
Where is Adebayor now? It can be other peoples fault for so long. Soo we or later all eyes wil turn to you.

While you're at it find out Payetp's history with his previous clubs. West Ham took a gamble on him. Yes he played well for them. They also help rescue his career.

pajimoh, how?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?
I see Payet the same way I see Mario Balo.... For different reasons both are difficult to handle but supremely talented.
Payet was becoming a journey man in the game with only two managers able to get something out of him and Billic is one of them.
While Payet helped West Ham, the opportunity he got at the club and the manager also helped him. A talented player like that going to WH and not other top clubs is not because only WH can afford to pay 10m. It was because it was 10m worth of risk
My argument is if he wants to leave, downing tools is the wrong way to go about it. It's the old Payet resurfacing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... nchants-t/
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?
I see Payet the same way I see Mario Balo.... For different reasons both are difficult to handle but supremely talented.
Payet was becoming a journey man in the game with only two managers able to get something out of him and Billic is one of them.
While Payet helped West Ham, the opportunity he got at the club and the manager also helped him. A talented player like that going to WH and not other top clubs is not because only WH can afford to pay 10m. It was because it was 10m worth of risk
My argument is if he wants to leave, downing tools is the wrong way to go about it. It's the old Payet resurfacing.

@pajimoh thanks for explain who Payet is,i did not know all that about him and sorry for bringing Adebayor up.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?

True, there was some level of risk because of the fragility of his mental makeup but they didn't rescue his career. If anything, he rescued West Ham. Without him, they'd have fought relegation last season. Without them, he'd have starred again at one of the many clubs who looked at him (inc other EPL sides) or even arguably for one of the UCL sides from 'smaller' less visible leagues. He wasn't floundering when they signed him. He was at the best point of his career.

The thing people think Bilic did was getting him to perform from start to finish of the season but he'd done that elsewhere. His performance for Bielsea was better but it was at a platform that not many pay attention to. He also wasn't a bad player at les verts or lille or nantes or elsewhere. Consistency and yes, the mental issue was always the problem with him but he was at no risk of being a journey man, he had performed.

As far as his issues with West Ham presently, if a player wants to leave months after signing a contract because he is unhappy, that's life. Get what you can for him and let him go. It's not like it's an asset they're losing money on.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Says the fan of a team whose fellow fans threw bananas at Adebayor. Remember that!! Spurs treated Adebayor as humanely as they could. I am sure he has no complaints about Spurs.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:

Na small team mentality dey worry the guy! "let him rot on the bench" "After what we have done for him" "the fans stood by him" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: cliche comments by a fan of a small team! Always feel entitled! Payet was not even born in london. He just arrived there like what? two years ago? And we are hearing "after what west ham has done for him!:" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: what have they done for him??? did they pay his wife's bride price? nonsense! I cant wait to hear what this one will say when Dele Alli moves on to better things.... they will come here insulting him, telling us about how tottenham saved the boys life by taking him from division 13 and teaching him football. :rotf: :rotf:
Tottenham is not a small team and your posts here have done nothing but add unnecessary insults to this thread. What do you get by being so antagonistic? Show some class.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?

True, there was some level of risk because of the fragility of his mental makeup but they didn't rescue his career. If anything, he rescued West Ham. Without him, they'd have fought relegation last season. Without them, he'd have starred again at one of the many clubs who looked at him (inc other EPL sides) or even arguably for one of the UCL sides from 'smaller' less visible leagues. He wasn't floundering when they signed him. He was at the best point of his career.

The thing people think Bilic did was getting him to perform from start to finish of the season but he'd done that elsewhere. His performance for Bielsea was better but it was at a platform that not many pay attention to. He also wasn't a bad player at les verts or lille or nantes or elsewhere. Consistency and yes, the mental issue was always the problem with him but he was at no risk of being a journey man, he had performed.

As far as his issues with West Ham presently, if a player wants to leave months after signing a contract because he is unhappy, that's life. Get what you can for him and let him go. It's not like it's an asset they're losing money on.
Whether WH would have fought relegation last year or other clubs would have come in for him is belly buttons.
What we know is that his performance last year brought him back into the national team. All too often we give the player credit but downplay the role of his manager and the platform of the club.

It's like acknowledging a brilliant student while downplaying the role of his tutors and the institution.
If Payet wants to leave he's entitled but not by breaching his contract.
There's no reason why a player that wants to leave can't continue to honor his contract until it is sorted.

You can't get the best out of a player forced to stay but downing tools is total lack of respect for the club and the need for contracts in the first place
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
platinum wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

pajimoh, how?

Whether WH would have fought relegation last year or other clubs would have come in for him is belly buttons. Your statement was West Ham rescued him, that's what I'm responding to. They clearly didn't rescue him.
What we know is that his performance last year brought him back into the national team. All too often we give the player credit but downplay the role of his manager and the platform of the club. Again no. He was already on Deschamps radar in his last season in France. He didn't get called to les bleus just because of west ham. He was already back in the NT before he signed for west ham. He'd played for and scored for France weeks before he joined West Ham. He was a player Deschamps had plans for.

It's like acknowledging a brilliant student while downplaying the role of his tutors and the institution. I'm not downplaying the role of coaching. I've always said that what fans see is the culmination of a LOT of things including coaching , agents, and family life. There's a lot that goes into the final product. You seem to be discounting the other life issues that have made the player who he is.
If Payet wants to leave he's entitled but not by breaching his contract. How would YOU go about it? Keep in mind, clubs do not want to let their best assets go.
There's no reason why a player that wants to leave can't continue to honor his contract until it is sorted. Let me ask you this...WHY does the player want to leave?

You can't get the best out of a player forced to stay but downing tools is total lack of respect for the club and the need for contracts in the first place Possibly. It depends on the angle you look at it from. The player has done this before and yes he got away with it. It's a back and forth between players and clubs, both show lack of respect time after time. The guy feels he has to do this.