SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by danfo driver »

Two things to keep in mind:

1. This was an AWAY game and away games are very difficult

2. THIS WAS FORTUNA'S FIRST AWAY WIN OF THE SEASON AND THEIR FIRST WIN SINCE OCTOBER.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Very good start. Hopefully, the club keeps a good record and that can be attributed to Oliseh. I wish him success.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Foruna climb to 17th

Next game is home to Telstar who are 15th on the log on Fri Jan 20.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=holland2
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Y'all are now watching anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.
Last edited by Field Marshall Ogolo on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Ogolo wrote:Y'all are now anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.
Oliseh may have been criticized by Nigerians but that doesn't dilute out patriotism. When Kenya starts having coaches working in Zanzibar and Eritrea football leagues, we can talk. Your country is still yet to play football outside the African continent or against a non African side. But if your dreams are wild enough to see Kenya playing in the WC, you will see us in that same dream supporting Kenya.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

anointed wrote:
Ogolo wrote:Y'all are now anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.
Oliseh may have been criticized by Nigerians but that doesn't dilute out patriotism. When Kenya starts having coaches working in Zanzibar and Eritrea football leagues, we can talk. Your country is still yet to play football outside the African continent or against a non African side. But if your dreams are wild enough to see Kenya playing in the WC, you will see us in that same dream supporting Kenya.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

0-0 so far at home to Telstar
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Telstar have a red card.

Fortuna trailing by 1 goal.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Terrible League.

Absolutely terrible. I mean this is only one game, but this is one of the worst football matches I have ever seen played in Europe.

The pitch is very bad though.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

1-1 FT. Not 3 pts, but a precious point for a team battling relegation.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

felarey wrote:1-1 FT. Not 3 pts, but a precious point for a team battling relegation.
Good result in light of their situation. Point gained for sure.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Oliseh doing a great job in the Netherlands
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yup! The man has steered them out of relegation
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:

Ambode is planning to ban Danfos. I have been looking for you to tell you.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:

Ambode is planning to ban Danfos. I have been looking for you to tell you.
Tell Ambode that I am NOT an Igbo man! :rotf:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

so we shall now cerebrate that a purported National team Coach is offered to coach a division 2 relegation bound Team just because the club happens to be called European
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Sunday Oliseh‏ @SundayOOliseh
Congratulations to my players,club & fans @fortuna for this historic 5-2 victory over Ajax Yesterday,1's again from a 0-2 deficit.God's GR8
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Nice to hear! Keep up the good work coach!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

How is he using the Academy? Does Fortuna have one?

@anointed - I suggest the following correction. I ignored this thread because I thought Oliseh was managing in Holland but not Belgium. Change the Title to 'Sunday Oliseh Dutch Eerste Divisie Watch'. Also could you put his win/loss record in the first post.

Also the team he beat was 'Jong Ajax' not 'Ajax'. It was the 2nd team of Ajax. It was still a good result because Ajax II is 2nd on the table.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

Mike Emenalo is a Football Director at Chelsea.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:How is he using the Academy? Does Fortuna have one?

@anointed - I suggest the following correction. I ignored this thread because I thought Oliseh was managing in Holland but not Belgium. Change the Title to 'Sunday Oliseh Dutch Eerste Divisie Watch'. Also could you put his win/loss record in the first post.

Also the team he beat was 'Jong Ajax' not 'Ajax'. It was the 2nd team of Ajax. It was still a good result because Ajax II is 2nd on the table.

My brother, I was nervous for them before the game and I am shocked at the result! Legitimately, Fortuna has no right to be beating Jong Ajax! Literally NO RIGHT! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They have been $#% the whole season and their fans have just been patiently waiting for relegation. What Sunday has done has been miraculous! He has only been there for 1 month, but frankly, he has done his reputation a world of good already! I hope he can continue like this and hopefully, next season, get them promoted to Eredivisie. I am looking forward to seeing him managing a top club one day.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cchinukw wrote:Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

Mike Emenalo is a Football Director at Chelsea.
Great! Can you open threads for each of them? Thanks!