SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eclipse
Egg
Egg
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by Eclipse »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote: 20 points out of possible 39 points is not a very good return either. The only valid argument is that this is first season so we should wait until he starts and finishes a full season.
What was their record b/4 he took over?
They had played 19 games and had 19 pts when he took over cic. He has now won 6, drawn 5 and lost 3.A total of 23 pts..4 pts more and 5 games less
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Thank you Eclipse. 1naija, as Chief Zeby would say, are you are. Very good return, considering how they were doing when he took over.
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

And let us keep in mind that he did not purchase any outfield player in January. I believe he brought in only one goalkeeper. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Their fans know what he has done for them! Hopefully next season, with his reputation, he can attract some talented players and win promotion.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:Thank you Eclipse. 1naija, as Chief Zeby would say, are you are. Very good return, considering how they were doing when he took over.

This is how you end of getting lectured by everyone. The post I responded to did not say in comparison to their prior record. It merely commented on Oliseh's record and said it was a good record. To me it's an average record when you break down the numbers, but you can see that.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote:
cic old boy wrote:Thank you Eclipse. 1naija, as Chief Zeby would say, are you are. Very good return, considering how they were doing when he took over.

This is how you end of getting lectured by everyone. The post I responded to did not say in comparison to their prior record. It merely commented on Oliseh's record and said it was a good record. To me it's an average record when you break down the numbers, but you can see that.

I agree that by the numbers one can say it is an "average," record. However, I also agree with CIC that one cannot simply take the bare numbers to determine how great his "record" is. You have to look at the "totality of the circumstance." We are talking about a new manager in January who has no money to spend, shows up at a club fighting relegation. A club that had not won a game since October. A club that had not won an away game all season. A club in crisis! The fans had all but given up! :rotf: To take such a team, steady them, and then go on a run that they have only lost one game under him and won against top table teams. That is his record!

To truly understand Oliseh's impact on Fortuna, you simply need to check out what their fans are saying online. They think they have found their messiah!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FORTUNA SITTARD (4) V (1) HELMOND SPORT

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS:

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:
:lol: :lol: Teacher don't teach me nonsense. Do you remember what you said? Let me help you with basic comprehension.
1naija wrote:
20 points out of possible 39 points is not a very good return either. The only valid argument is that this is first season so we should wait until he starts and finishes a full season.
So even you tried to contextualise the record and said what you thought was the "only valid argument" in favour of that record. I was forced to point out to you the even more valid argument, which is that he took over a very poor team and improved them!

So any sensible person would look at the "before" and "after" Oliseh records to make sense of whether his record is great, good, average or poor. Only an olodo or someone drunk on Johnnie Walker would look at a record devoid of context.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If we look at records without context, then we are saying that success is binary. A coach such as Del Bosque or Pep Guardiola should be able to take control of a sub par team such as Uganda, or worse still Kenya and lead them to a World Cup triumph!

Coaches are not super human, we know that permitting the right amount of impediments, any coach will be rendered ineffective. So every coach has circumstances that can improve his overall ability and every coach has circumstances that can diminish his ability.

Yet we always think of coaches as wielding absolute power and controlling all the pieces on the board. Coaches are but a vessel, navigating through an ocean of expected and unexpected currents and tribulations.

Some coaches have immense financial fortune and an ability to choose their own set of players, some coaches do not get paid in 6 months, but we have a strange penchant for viewing all coaches through the same lens, even though they are operating under unequal circumstances.

Obviously Oliseh has inherited less than perfect variables and he has made something of it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

The man can coach in the moon he is too mercurial for me. Out of stupidity and superciliousness he nearly decimated SE . The most irritating and annoying thing his self aggrandizement which is not justified by any proven facts with his coaching ability.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

bully12 wrote:The man can coach in the moon he is too mercurial for me. Out of stupidity and superciliousness he nearly decimated SE . The most irritating and annoying thing his self aggrandizement which is not justified by any proven facts with his coaching ability.
Uncle Bully, I yam not understanding you.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:
:lol: :lol: Teacher don't teach me nonsense. Do you remember what you said? Let me help you with basic comprehension.
1naija wrote:
20 points out of possible 39 points is not a very good return either. The only valid argument is that this is first season so we should wait until he starts and finishes a full season.
So even you tried to contextualise the record and said what you thought was the "only valid argument" in favour of that record. I was forced to point out to you the even more valid argument, which is that he took over a very poor team and improved them!

So any sensible person would look at the "before" and "after" Oliseh records to make sense of whether his record is great, good, average or poor. Only an olodo or someone drunk on Johnnie Walker would look at a record devoid of context.
Well , we already know from the report uncle AreaDaddy posted a couple of weeks back that you are one of those that are not swayed by facts. This is a prime example of such case.
Eclipse stated that Sunday had 5 win, 5 draws, and 3 loses and then declared it's not a bad result. I merely presented his exact statement in a different format that showed it's not such a great result. But then you jumped in with your market women understanding of the simple statement. Goodluck always arguing against facts.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote: Well , we already know from the report uncle AreaDaddy posted a couple of weeks back that you are one of those that are not swayed by facts. This is a prime example of such case.
Eclipse stated that Sunday had 5 win, 5 draws, and 3 loses and then declared it's not a bad result. I merely presented his exact statement in a different format that showed it's not such a great result. But then you jumped in with your market women understanding of the simple statement. Goodluck always arguing against facts.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
1naija wrote:
All we are saaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying, there is another valid argument!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote: Well , we already know from the report uncle AreaDaddy posted a couple of weeks back that you are one of those that are not swayed by facts. This is a prime example of such case.
1naija wrote:
All we are saaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying, there is another valid argument!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oboy you dey embarrass yourself even more than before with this your laughter. Do you even understand the sentence you highlighted? Doesn't it imply acknowledgement of prior performance by the team? Don't try to check me o. You will fall flat on your face everytime. :D
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote:

Oboy you dey embarrass yourself even more than before with this your laughter. Do you even understand the sentence you highlighted? Doesn't it imply acknowledgement of prior performance by the team? Don't try to check me o. You will fall flat on your face everytime. :D
1naija wrote:
Another even more valid argument is that the record before Oliseh was crap and the record after Oliseh was a major improvement.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:

1naija wrote:
Another even more valid argument is that the record before Oliseh was crap and the record after Oliseh was a major improvement.
That's a valid argument for another thread but market women explanation of why 5 wins, 5 draws, and 3losses is not a bad result, when in reality it's a very average result.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote: That's a valid argument for another thread but market women explanation of why 5 wins, 5 draws, and 3losses is not a bad result, when in reality it's a very average result.
:lol: 4 points more in 5 games less compared to b/4 he came is a massive improvement considering he was working with the same players.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

a national coach involuntarily relegated to coaching a mere division 2 team is worse than Wal-Mart greeter with ABU doctorate
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Should he really be using Twitter this much? I would be concerned if Poch yarned this much on Twitter. He should let the Fortuna Sittard site handle all of this. It is a reason why Ronald Koeman pisses me off.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

cic old boy wrote:
Playoffs? With 3 matches left in Period 4 & 5 left in the season? Highly unlikely even with reversal of the latest points deduction.
db10
Egg
Egg

Post by db10 »

How does Oliseh's record compare with Mourinho's at Man U over
same period/number of games?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Oliseh says to haters: How ya like me now?