SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by cic old boy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:If Sunday Oliseh gains promotion at the end of the season and then does reasonably well in the top flight over the next few seasons, I see him returning to lead the SuperEagles to the 2026 World Cup :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
If he gains promotion and does reasonably well, he will more likely be in demand in Europe with better job offers. Why would he leave that and go where his salary won't be paid? A coach's career path doesn't revolve around the national team. The guy has been burnt once, he is unlikely to want to go and get burnt again.
http://www.naijiant.com/
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

cic old boy wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:If Sunday Oliseh gains promotion at the end of the season and then does reasonably well in the top flight over the next few seasons, I see him returning to lead the SuperEagles to the 2026 World Cup :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
If he gains promotion and does reasonably well, he will more likely be in demand in Europe with better job offers. Why would he leave that and go where his salary won't be paid? A coach's career path doesn't revolve around the national team. The guy has been burnt once, he is unlikely to want to go and get burnt again.
So you think people like Oliseh do things for mere expediency? If he succeeds like that the Europe will no longer be a big challenge but the World Cup will always be :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: So you think people like Oliseh do things for mere expediency? If he succeeds like that the Europe will no longer be a big challenge but the World Cup will always be :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
And the WC wasn't a challenge when he quit Nigeria due to the challenging circumstances of working without pay and in impossible conditions?
http://www.naijiant.com/
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:

Cheers.
I hope he stays clear of Nigeria.

He has a fantastic relationship with Ajax. Chances are Ajax will come begging very soon. If he wins Eredivisie and does very well in CL, we are looking at all moving together to Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona etc etc... :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Cheers.
So you think people like Oliseh do things for mere expediency? If he succeeds like that the Europe will no longer be a big challenge but the World Cup will always be :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
He can take the Netherlands to the world cup an win it! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And what stops him being burnt again? Naija burners do not care who you are or what you have achieved...if you stand in their way of egunje,you will be burnt over and over!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:And what stops him being burnt again? Naija burners do not care who you are or what you have achieved...if you stand in their way of egunje,you will be burnt over and over!
That will change when people like yourself, CIC and your chosen team take the reins.
So please, enough of the internet analysis. Step forward and save our football! :taunt: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:And what stops him being burnt again? Naija burners do not care who you are or what you have achieved...if you stand in their way of egunje,you will be burnt over and over!
That will change when people like yourself, CIC and your chosen team take the reins.
So please, enough of the internet analysis. Step forward and save our football! :taunt: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Dude! We are NOT interested! We are only thinking of promotion at this moment. After which, we are looking to win the Eredivisie next year, and then looking forward to CL. If we need to go to the World Cup, we will take Netherlands and go there to win it. :D :clap: :clap:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Cheers.

He has a fantastic relationship with Ajax. Chances are Ajax will come begging very soon. If he wins Eredivisie and does very well in CL, we are looking at all moving together to Juventus, Arsenal, Barcelona etc etc... :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: can i come too? ....Well to Juve and Barca, I can skip Arseanal.... :mrgreen:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Africa's Pep Guardiola :-)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

Cheers.

:clap: :clap: :clap: can i come too? ....Well to Juve and Barca, I can skip Arseanal.... :mrgreen:
My brother, na we we! We are all going together o! Abeg, climb on...oya, bring your hand.... :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
You seem to forget that i have done my bit and have since moved on to other things in life, since there is so much in life to live for.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
You seem to forget that i have done my bit and have since moved on to other things in life, since there is so much in life to live for.
We want more! :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Damunk wrote:
oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:
We want more! :P
Dont Oliver Twist me!

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Chief! abeg run 40-40! Remember when they almost murdered Oliseh! The man had that mysterious illness. Since he ran away, we don hear about any illness?? Abeg run run run!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Oliseh's sittard unfortunately lost 1-2 to NEC at home. That is their second defeat of the season. Long way to go yet but still top 5 at the moment.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eclipse wrote:Oliseh's sittard unfortunately lost 1-2 to NEC at home. That is their second defeat of the season. Long way to go yet but still top 5 at the moment.
Second? When was the first? :shock: Co.e on Sunday.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Sittard lost 2-4 to Ajax ll in the 2nd/3rd game of the season if am not mistaken.
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eclipse wrote:Sittard lost 2-4 to Ajax ll in the 2nd/3rd game of the season if am not mistaken.
I thought the team was unbeaten in about 6 to 7 games of the season?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

pajimoh wrote:
Eclipse wrote:Sittard lost 2-4 to Ajax ll in the 2nd/3rd game of the season if am not mistaken.
The unbeaten run or should I say winning run was home games alone.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

anointed wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The unbeaten run or should I say winning run was home games alone.
Thanks for the klarifikashun
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Fortuna Sitaard bounced back from last week's home loss to win 2-1 at MVV Maastricht to remain 2nd on the log, a point behind leaders, Ajax Jong.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Since then Oliseh's team has played three leagues games and one cup game. The results are below culled from the following link https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fortu ... e&ie=UTF-8.

Fortuna Sittard 2 - 2 FT FC Eindhoven

24 Oct - KNVB Cup Second round
Fortuna Sittard 3 - 0 FT Go Ahead Eagles

27 Oct - Eerste Divisie
De Graafschap 2 - 0 FT Fortuna Sittard

3 Nov - Eerste Divisie
Fortuna Sittard 4 - 0 FT FC Oss

They are currently joint 3rd on 23 pts 4 points behind the leaders. He's definitely taken sittard to a different level since he took over.Here's hoping he gets them into the eredivisie. :clap: