SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: SUNDAY OLISEH JUPILER LEAGUE WATCH

Post by folem »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:How is he using the Academy? Does Fortuna have one?

@anointed - I suggest the following correction. I ignored this thread because I thought Oliseh was managing in Holland but not Belgium. Change the Title to 'Sunday Oliseh Dutch Eerste Divisie Watch'. Also could you put his win/loss record in the first post.

Also the team he beat was 'Jong Ajax' not 'Ajax'. It was the 2nd team of Ajax. It was still a good result because Ajax II is 2nd on the table.

My brother, I was nervous for them before the game and I am shocked at the result! Legitimately, Fortuna has no right to be beating Jong Ajax! Literally NO RIGHT! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They have been $#% the whole season and their fans have just been patiently waiting for relegation. What Sunday has done has been miraculous! He has only been there for 1 month, but frankly, he has done his reputation a world of good already! I hope he can continue like this and hopefully, next season, get them promoted to Eredivisie. I am looking forward to seeing him managing a top club one day.
Only one team get relegated and that looks like Achilles '29 with only 9 pts from 24 matches.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

Mike Emenalo is a Football Director at Chelsea.
Great! Can you open threads for each of them? Thanks!
if coaching youth Teams now amounts to coaching in Europe then I too coached in Europe and I have proof
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

jette1 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
cchinukw wrote:Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

if coaching youth Teams now amounts to coaching in Europe then I too coached in Europe and I have proof
Please, also open a thread for yourself. :thumbs: We have to support our brothers!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FORTUNA SITTARD (4) v (1) JONG FC UTRETCH
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Oliseh has completely turned this team around :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

THier fans are in love with Sunny

https://twitter.com/vrouwefortuna
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
KIZONZO
Egg
Egg

Post by KIZONZO »

danfo driver wrote:Oliseh has completely turned this team around :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bros, i like Oliseh but i don't know about "completely turned this team around". Give them like a winning streak like he type Chelsea just had and then you can say he turned the team around.
You never realize what you have till you lose it.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oh! and young Nigerian striker, Junior Torunarigha, scored the 4th goal for Oliseh's team. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

danfo driver wrote:oh! and young Nigerian striker, Junior Torunarigha, scored the 4th goal for Oliseh's team. :clap: :clap: :clap:
26 is not so young in football terms.

By 26 you should already be at your peak or near it.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tbite wrote:
danfo driver wrote:oh! and young Nigerian striker, Junior Torunarigha, scored the 4th goal for Oliseh's team. :clap: :clap: :clap:
26 is not so young in football terms.

By 26 you should already be at your peak or near it.
You are right. I was thinking he was someone else.
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

His record now stands at three wins, 3 draws and one loss since he took over!! :clap: :clap:
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Eclipse wrote:His record now stands at three wins, 3 draws and one loss since he took over!! :clap: :clap:
That is certainly impressive with the club. I hope he stays the course and accomplishes the goal of keeping the team safe.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Eclipse wrote:His record now stands at three wins, 3 draws and one loss since he took over!! :clap: :clap:
Give us the remaining stats - How many dressing room karate dust UPS? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

pajimoh wrote:
Give us the remaining stats - How many dressing room karate dust UPS? :tic:
Abeg refer dat question to Solowe..na im area of expertise be dat!!
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:

No thanks!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

To put Oliseh's performance with Fortuna Sittard into context:
Under Oliseh Fortuna has won 12 points in 7 games, under previous management they won 15 points in 19 games. In just 7 games Fortuna Sittard is safely above the relegation zone.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

marutimon wrote:To put Oliseh's performance with Fortuna Sittard into context:
Under Oliseh Fortuna has won 12 points in 7 games, under previous management they won 15 points in 19 games. In just 7 games Fortuna Sittard is safely above the relegation zone.
I pray this continues and this is just the beginning.
Oliseh could turn out to be for Nigerian coaches what Keshi was for Nigerian footballers.

The way I see it, it is only logical. If Nigerians can go out into the wider world and excel in all areas of endeavor, what exactly is it about coaching gan-gan that is beyond us? :???:
It doesn't make sense....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
Oliseh could turn out to be for Nigerian coaches what Keshi was for Nigerian footballers.

The way I see it, it is only logical. If Nigerians can go out into the wider world and excel in all areas of endeavor, what exactly is it about coaching gan-gan that is beyond us? :???:
KPOM!!!
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well done to the man! I am very proud of him.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:

KPOM!!!
Really? And why will we not give them a chance to
succeed in our/ their own country?

I have two distinct feelings about this. Disgust over
how he was treated in Nigeria AND excitement for
this new narrative that he is spearheading.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

KIZONZO wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Oliseh has completely turned this team around :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bros, i like Oliseh but i don't know about "completely turned this team around". Give them like a winning streak like he type Chelsea just had and then you can say he turned the team around.
..and when he does that you will ask for season-long unbeaten streak. :roll:

Go to page 1 and see where the team was when he took over. He has COMPLETELY turned their fortunes whether you like it or not

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
KIZONZO wrote:
..and when he does that you will ask for season-long unbeaten streak. :roll:

Go to page 1 and see where the team was when he took over. He has COMPLETELY turned their fortunes whether you like it or not
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: These people are horrible to the bone-marrow.