Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
Two things to keep in mind:

1. This was an AWAY game and away games are very difficult


2. THIS WAS FORTUNA'S FIRST AWAY WIN OF THE SEASON AND THEIR FIRST WIN SINCE OCTOBER.



:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 16674
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
Very good start. Hopefully, the club keeps a good record and that can be attributed to Oliseh. I wish him success.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
Foruna climb to 17th

Next game is home to Telstar who are 15th on the log on Fri Jan 20.

http://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=holland2

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm
Posts: 18939
Location: Nsukka
Y'all are now watching anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.

_________________
Just give time a chance. It will replace without bias:
~ beauty with ugliness
~ affluence with poverty
~ arrogance with humility


Last edited by Jubril Ogolo on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
Ogolo wrote:
Y'all are now anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.

Oliseh may have been criticized by Nigerians but that doesn't dilute out patriotism. When Kenya starts having coaches working in Zanzibar and Eritrea football leagues, we can talk. Your country is still yet to play football outside the African continent or against a non African side. But if your dreams are wild enough to see Kenya playing in the WC, you will see us in that same dream supporting Kenya.

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28693
anointed wrote:
Ogolo wrote:
Y'all are now anything that comes your way, now. :taunt: cheii. I see folks who viciously attacked the illustrious Oliseh only recently --on this thread! Let us all watch AFCON in peace.

Oliseh may have been criticized by Nigerians but that doesn't dilute out patriotism. When Kenya starts having coaches working in Zanzibar and Eritrea football leagues, we can talk. Your country is still yet to play football outside the African continent or against a non African side. But if your dreams are wild enough to see Kenya playing in the WC, you will see us in that same dream supporting Kenya.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:25 pm
Posts: 49551
0-0 so far at home to Telstar

_________________
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Quote:
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26784
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Telstar have a red card.

Fortuna trailing by 1 goal.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:51 am
Posts: 26784
Location: Southern Hemisphere
Terrible League.

Absolutely terrible. I mean this is only one game, but this is one of the worst football matches I have ever seen played in Europe.

The pitch is very bad though.

_________________
Bixente Lizarazu once described Spain’s football - which won them two European titles and a World Cup - as “love without the sex. It lacks a bit of spice”. News.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19796
Location: Canada
1-1 FT. Not 3 pts, but a precious point for a team battling relegation.

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40975
Location: Pennsylvania
felarey wrote:
1-1 FT. Not 3 pts, but a precious point for a team battling relegation.


Good result in light of their situation. Point gained for sure.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 pm
Posts: 9172
Oliseh doing a great job in the Netherlands

_________________
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
Yup! The man has steered them out of relegation

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 36827
Location: Somewhere
danfo driver wrote:
See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:



Ambode is planning to ban Danfos. I have been looking for you to tell you.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
See as everybody just keep quiet! Wicked people! if to sey the guy dey useless for that league now, all of una for come out! Devil people! :curse:



Ambode is planning to ban Danfos. I have been looking for you to tell you.


Tell Ambode that I am NOT an Igbo man! :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:44 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 10769
Location: seattle
so we shall now cerebrate that a purported National team Coach is offered to coach a division 2 relegation bound Team just because the club happens to be called European

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:11 pm
Posts: 25668
Sunday Oliseh‏ @SundayOOliseh
Congratulations to my players,club & fans @fortuna for this historic 5-2 victory over Ajax Yesterday,1's again from a 0-2 deficit.God's GR8

_________________
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:31 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:16 am
Posts: 19796
Location: Canada
Nice to hear! Keep up the good work coach!

_________________
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 29747
How is he using the Academy? Does Fortuna have one?

@anointed - I suggest the following correction. I ignored this thread because I thought Oliseh was managing in Holland but not Belgium. Change the Title to 'Sunday Oliseh Dutch Eerste Divisie Watch'. Also could you put his win/loss record in the first post.

Also the team he beat was 'Jong Ajax' not 'Ajax'. It was the 2nd team of Ajax. It was still a good result because Ajax II is 2nd on the table.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29695
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

Mike Emenalo is a Football Director at Chelsea.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
Cristao II wrote:
How is he using the Academy? Does Fortuna have one?

@anointed - I suggest the following correction. I ignored this thread because I thought Oliseh was managing in Holland but not Belgium. Change the Title to 'Sunday Oliseh Dutch Eerste Divisie Watch'. Also could you put his win/loss record in the first post.

Also the team he beat was 'Jong Ajax' not 'Ajax'. It was the 2nd team of Ajax. It was still a good result because Ajax II is 2nd on the table.



My brother, I was nervous for them before the game and I am shocked at the result! Legitimately, Fortuna has no right to be beating Jong Ajax! Literally NO RIGHT! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: They have been $#% the whole season and their fans have just been patiently waiting for relegation. What Sunday has done has been miraculous! He has only been there for 1 month, but frankly, he has done his reputation a world of good already! I hope he can continue like this and hopefully, next season, get them promoted to Eredivisie. I am looking forward to seeing him managing a top club one day.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9124
cchinukw wrote:
Finidi George(I think) and Amokachi are actively coaching in European lower leagues.

Mike Emenalo is a Football Director at Chelsea.


Great! Can you open threads for each of them? Thanks!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, GG of G, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Mr. Piffington and 38 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group