Oliseh struggled as a coach for the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Oliseh struggled as a coach for the SE

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Succeeds Stephen Keshi

05.09.2015 Tanzania 0-0 Nigeria
13.11.2015 Swaziland 0-0 Nigeria
17.11.2015 Nigeria 2-0 Swaziland
see results... and this bobo dropped the likes of Mikel ,Ekong and Enyeama( Mikel went on to have a wonderful Olympics as well as having one of the best Worldcup qualifiers in recent times) now imagine if we had Enyeama? Nah this kind result una dey kpom Oliseh for kicking Vince out of our SE? He almost kicked Mikel out sef..kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Oliseh struggled as a coach for the SE

Post by jette1 »

oliseh is a certified moron even as a player his moronic tendencies had to be re-channelled to get something out of him - something he now has difficulties managing as an autonomous adult
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote:oliseh is a certified moron even as a player his moronic tendencies had to be re-channelled to get something out of him - something he now has difficulties managing as an autonomous adult
:shock: wetin be this
SuperEagles

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

What's the point of bringing this up BP? The Eagles have qualified for the World Cup. Oliseh has moved on. He made mistakes but don't for a moment think that some of the things he complained about are finished, why not let things be instead of complaining about him afresh?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Keshi, Oliseh and SSS can complain about the whole world if they want.

Fact remains that they were all their own worst enemy, and were all their own greatest obstacles for success.

They all chose to play rubbish players over better ones.

You cannot succeed like that and we all heard nonsense about "team building"

Well it has taken a foreigner, an Oyinbo to do simple things,

LIKE PICKING THE BEST PLAYERS BASED ON MERRITT AND WITHOUT SENTIMENTS.

The result was that we qualified from the hardest group Nigeria has ever had WITH A GAME TO SPARE.

Good riddance for that clown Oliseh who actually thought he could replace Mikel with some junk like Paul Onobi who has found his level in Finland of all places.
Edu
Egg
Egg

Post by Edu »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
jette1 wrote:oliseh is a certified moron even as a player his moronic tendencies had to be re-channelled to get something out of him - something he now has difficulties managing as an autonomous adult
:shock: wetin be this

Ahhh. He is supporting you
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

This thread reminds me of what happens when Inmates run an asylum

Madness all around
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

BAP wrote:This thread reminds me of what happens when Inmates run an asylum

Madness all around
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: the thing is lonely since Mikel asked this side chick to give space for mikel4wife
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

vancity eagle wrote:Keshi, Oliseh and SSS can complain about the whole world if they want.

Fact remains that they were all their own worst enemy, and were all their own greatest obstacles for success.

They all chose to play rubbish players over better ones.

You cannot succeed like that and we all heard nonsense about "team building"

Well it has taken a foreigner, an Oyinbo to do simple things,

LIKE PICKING THE BEST PLAYERS BASED ON MERRITT AND WITHOUT SENTIMENTS.

The result was that we qualified from the hardest group Nigeria has ever had WITH A GAME TO SPARE.

Good riddance for that clown Oliseh who actually thought he could replace Mikel with some junk like Paul Onobi who has found his level in Finland of all places.
I agree with you but let's leave Keshi out of it and allow him rest in peace. And yes, Oliseh and Siasia brought it on themselves. They misused the freedom they were given.
yes o
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Tactically or motivationally Oliseh seems like a top class coach. The place he failed at was team selection, where he got the basics all wrong. His qualities really shine at club level, where he has limited options to change anything in his team, so he has to take what he has and succeed with it.

I coud still see him back with Nigeria, but he needs a few more years as a club coach.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

marutimon wrote:Tactically or motivationally Oliseh seems like a top class coach. The place he failed at was team selection, where he got the basics all wrong. His qualities really shine at club level, where he has limited options to change anything in his team, so he has to take what he has and succeed with it.

I coud still see him back with Nigeria, but he needs a few more years as a club coach.
Good point! Coaching Nigeria is more difficult than people think! We have a very large pool of players to select from. If you aren't careful you might end up dismantling a team that has started building chemistry because there are so many players to try out and also the media doesn't help matters by putting pressure on the coach to try every tom d#$% and harry. This is exactly what happened to Keshi after the Afcon, in an attempt to make his afcon winning team better he slowly dismantled a team that had a winning spirit and had started to show good understanding with one another. Let's hope Rohr remains strong and sticks with this team that has developed a winning mentality!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He should be banned for life from coaching the Eagles.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

marutimon wrote:Tactically or motivationally. Oliseh seems like a top class coach. The place he failed at was team selection, where he got the basics all wrong. His qualities really shine at club level, where he has limited options to change anything in his team, so he has to take what he has and succeed with it.

I could still see him back with Nigeria, but he needs a few more years as a club coach.
Nor make me laugh. He is a useless coach full of himself.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they guy huffed and puffed vs the almighty Swaziland
[/video]
[/video]
SuperEagles

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Sir V wrote:
marutimon wrote:Tactically or motivationally. Oliseh seems like a top class coach. The place he failed at was team selection, where he got the basics all wrong. His qualities really shine at club level, where he has limited options to change anything in his team, so he has to take what he has and succeed with it.

I could still see him back with Nigeria, but he needs a few more years as a club coach.
Given his recent club record he has all the right to be full of himself.
Third in the league with a no-budget club while being dead last just over a year ago.
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

I totally agree with you. The guy is totally full of himself.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

marutimon wrote:
Sir V wrote:

Given his recent club record he has all the right to be full of himself.
Third in the league with a no-budget club while being dead last just over a year ago.
Good for him. Which div is the club and where is it based?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

With the exception of the Congo firendly Oliseh never lost a game with the SE (Home based were primarily coached by Salisu Yusuf so CHAN ouster doesnt count ) and Olisegh definitely didnt lose 2-0 at home to South Africa

Not dissing Rohr but seriously you folks need to let this Oliseh matter rest. He was a technically solid coach but simply didn't have the temperament to deal with the NFF and their shenanigans
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

BAP wrote:With the exception of the Congo firendly Oliseh never lost a game with the SE (Home based were primarily coached by Salisu Yusuf so CHAN ouster doesnt count ) and Olisegh definitely didnt lose 2-0 at home to South Africa

Not dissing Rohr but seriously you folks need to let this Oliseh matter rest. He was a technically solid coach but simply didn't have the temperament to deal with the NFF and their shenanigans
Emotional intelligence is a key necessity in coaching and managing situations, and that is something Oliseh lacked... not saying he was a bad coach in anyway, but he was just too sensitive to be a coach, Keshi took way more crap than any local coach I knew but didn't whine about it or quit half way through a campaign, he saw to it that he completed his task with the team before anything else, now that's the trademark of maturity, something Oliseh apparently lacked.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Tobi17 wrote:
BAP wrote:With the exception of the Congo firendly Oliseh never lost a game with the SE (Home based were primarily coached by Salisu Yusuf so CHAN ouster doesnt count ) and Olisegh definitely didnt lose 2-0 at home to South Africa

Emotional intelligence is a key necessity in coaching and managing situations, and that is something Oliseh lacked... not saying he was a bad coach in anyway, but he was just too sensitive to be a coach, Keshi took way more crap than any local coach I knew but didn't whine about it or quit half way through a campaign, he saw to it that he completed his task with the team before anything else, now that's the trademark of maturity, something Oliseh apparently lacked.
So how come he is doing so well with his current team if he lacks those things ? :mrgreen:

Truth is few coaches that arent desperate for work can put up with the Nigerian set up
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote:

say this again
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."