Did Okala fake blindness in Mehalla ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ezesportsworld
Egg
Egg
Did Okala fake blindness in Mehalla ?

Post by Ezesportsworld »

1975 African champions cup semi-final ..Rangers Vs Mehala of Egypt. Rangers unbelievably had not lost a game in 3 years..went to Egypt in a do or die match against Mehala..playing in cold winter weather for the first time with short sleeves shirts, playing also on a synthetic pitch without appropriate boots, got hammered 3-1.. Okala left the pitch after two quick goals saying..' bros I can't see the ball'
Last edited by Ezesportsworld on Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.ezesportsworld.net

Chesapeake sports Academy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Did Okala fake blindness in Mehalla ?

Post by mcal »

...the cold brisk weather. Short sleeves. The synthetic field.

The north Africans were more advanced when employing logistics and tactic, but of course we did reciprocate in the return leg playing them in the baking tropical oven noon heat :lol:
I won't be surprised the cold brisk ugulu breeze was too strong for the Okala.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:...the cold brisk weather. Short sleeves. The synthetic field.

The north Africans were more advanced when employing logistics and tactic, but of course we did reciprocate in the return leg playing them in the baking tropical oven noon heat :lol:
Chief MCAL: Please what was the score of the second leg and the final aggregate of goals? I remember that game very well, but I forgot the scores. Please update!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Ezesportsworld wrote:1975 African champions cup semi-final ..Rangers Vs Mehala of Egypt. Rangers unbelievable had not lost a game in 3 years..went to Egypt in a do or die match against Mehala..playing in cold winter weather for the first time with short sleeves shirts, playing also on a synthetic pitch without appropriate boots, got hammered 3-1.. Okala left the pitch after two quick goals saying..' bros I can't see the ball'
Wahala in Mehalla match :mrgreen:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Odas wrote:
mcal wrote:...the cold brisk weather. Short sleeves. The synthetic field.

Chief MCAL: Please what was the score of the second leg and the final aggregate of goals? I remember that game very well, but I forgot the scores. Please update!
Rangers won 3:0 in Enugu
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Mehalla saw Wahalla. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

zoro wrote:Mehalla saw Wahalla. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, for the young ones. It is rom this game that Alex Iwobi's father got his nickname "Mehalla" because of his fair skin as he looked like the Egyptians. BTW, he did not play for Rangers but was an Enugu lad.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Who remembers Jimmy Johnson's ( of village headmaster) TV jingle song cast for that second leg. At the end of the song, he turned his back which showed a 4:0 score line prediction
Dominic Nwobodo scored a disallowed goal that would have made that score line come true
Frenzy leading up to that second leg was unprecedented
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

I read in the Vanguard back ~ 84 an article about juju in sports, about how allegedly Okala drank "jazzed" tea, prior to that game, despite being warned, and despite the fact that the rest of the team heeded the warning and abstained from tea. This was an article about Okorodudu claiming Joe Lasisi used juju to beat him in a boxing match.

Who remembers that incident? Okorodudu was a star fresh from the LA Olympics, who had his behind whopped by a "local" boxer. Then he claimed Lasisi used "jazz" on him, as he was seeing 2 Lasisis during the fight. Lasisi responded "Okorodudu na only mouth e get. How he no go see 2 Lasisi when I beat am well well".
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

....many juju story dey for our football back then, even till date some still believe am.
In some instance they will say Okosieme will see (building) block coming instead of football, he will duck and something enter net, and na football and na goal be dat :laugh:
And some dey ask why dem no dey carry juju go win for away matches, dem say because juju when it cross river, large body of water e no go work again :lol: :lol:
zoro
Egg
Egg

Post by zoro »

Recently Etim Esin said that when they were playing against one opponent, rain was falling on one side of the pitch only :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
IGBOS ARE THE IMPORTANT AND USEFUL SLAVES OF NIGERIA. THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO MAKE.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Some of una don old well-well. A certain "ohsee," who was a the Enugu Sports Stadium on that day, did a write-up on the second leg of the Rangers vs Mehalla game. I don't know why SUYA cut out the second half of the write-up. I'll have to find it in my archives and post.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=137428