Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers 2019 draw

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The Eagle
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa Cup of Nations Qualifiers 2019 draw

Post by The Eagle »

Enugu II wrote:Eagle,

Seychelles has previously withdrawn from WCQ and CANQ. Recently, they withdrew from the 2015 CAN. Thus, the chances of pulling a Chad are there.
Well, all I have to say is .... :veryangry:

PS: Would it be unethical for .... er .... interested parties to offer them a financial incentive .... never mind.

PPS: On a serious note, as is always the case with qualifiers, we must just make sure we keep our destiny in our hands and are in a position to "guarantee" our targets .... without arguing about whether a ball crossed the line (Ikpeba penalty 2000), what the tie-breaker is (2006 & 2012 qualifiers) or whether one of our group rivals withdraws (2015).
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:The Seychelles will probably pull out any way!
In terms of per capita income, Seychelles is one of the wealthier parts of our continent .... and they appear to be regular competitors in the Indian Ocean Games football tournament and Southern Africa's COSAFA Cup. I doubt they pull a Chad.

It will be quite the contrast .... the only thing certain about Nigeria's population is that it is probably the largest in Africa, whereas Seychelles' population of 90 thousand is the smallest of any country in Africa (if their 10 thousand capacity national stadium is filled to capacity, then 1 out of every 9 Seychellois will be at the match :) ).

I don't really know anything about their players, and suspect it could be a Faroe Islands situation where we show up with professionals to face a team of amateurs .... but depending on whether goal difference is the main tie-breaker, I hope we take the situation seriously.

PS: If wikipedia is to be believed, their stadium has artificial turf.

PPS: Cellular, if we drop points to Seychelles, I will submit to you a request that we temporarily ban all non-Nigerians .... and mcal. :lol:
Eagle,

Seychelles has previously withdrawn from WCQ and CANQ. Recently, they withdrew from the 2015 CAN. Thus, the chances of pulling a Chad are there.
Thank you,even if the Seychelles is economically stable I doubt it football is something they'd care to invest in as they have not really produced anything concerning the sport even within the continent.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Watching Zimbabwe ball today tells me that Group G will be fire for the qualifiers. That group is not going to be a cake walk. Bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics