Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: Ifeanyi Ubah International Stadium Is Ready

Post by folem »

wiseone wrote:BTW, how did Ubah make(s) his money? What business is he into. I get the feeling that running a FC in Nigeria is not a profit making enterprise! Hence why the likes of Dangote would rather buy Arsenal than an NPL team.

Enyimba was a missed opportunity. After back to back ACL wins they could and should have turned the club into a institution (ala Al Ahly, Real Madrid, Bayern, Man Utd etc). Kalu had promised to make the club self sufficient by floating it on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. What happened to that?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25794&p=369530&hili ... e+#p369530

mcal wrote:
wiseone wrote:Well done Ifeanyi Ubah. I hope he builds his club and takes thyem to continental success like Uzor Kalu did with Enyimba back in the day.
...governor, used the office of the governor. After he's gone, the club went south. That's Nigeria.
How many clubs make money via the stock? Nigerian clubs don't need floatation especially when the brand awareness is still relatively low.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

The idea was that by doing an IPO, the club would raise lots of money by selling shares to institutional and individual share buyers.
If you read the link I posted above, it mentioned that Etoile and Esperance Tunis floated under similar circumstances.

folem wrote:How many clubs make money via the stock? Nigerian clubs don't need floatation especially when the brand awareness is still relatively low.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: As far as i am concerned they have to start somewhere, kudos to Ubah. Anyone who wants American or european design can start by launching a donation event to help out. The building of Rome started one day and from somewhere abeg!
Tell them! Even construction giants, Julius Berger, who built the best stsdium in Nigeria, Abuja and Uyo Stadiums, did not build a stadium for their football club. If they did, the club would probably be functioning today.
That was like thirty years ago though.

Some of these teams can even collaborate and share stadium...Milan and as Inter, Giants and Jets, Lakers and Clippers all share their home ground.

Watching the AFCON can't help but marvel at the stadiums on display.
The problem i have with this argument is that it is so hollow. So you want ro compare the likes of Milan to who again....do we just make these arguments for thw sake of it? The man is building a stadium with his own money, people are comparing his project to stadia built by governments and clubs with huge financial power....common guys let us be realistic, before you guys start to make this blanket comparisons i think a little bit of context and perspective ought to feature.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote::clap: :clap: :clap: As far as i am concerned they have to start somewhere, kudos to Ubah. Anyone who wants American or european design can start by launching a donation event to help out. The building of Rome started one day and from somewhere abeg!
Tell them! Even construction giants, Julius Berger, who built the best stsdium in Nigeria, Abuja and Uyo Stadiums, did not build a stadium for their football club. If they did, the club would probably be functioning today.

Some of these teams can even collaborate and share stadium...Milan and as Inter, Giants and Jets, Lakers and Clippers all share their home ground.

The problem i have with this argument is that it is so hollow. So you want ro compare the likes of Milan to who again....do we just make these arguments for thw sake of it? The man is building a stadium with his own money, people are comparing his project to stadia built by governments and clubs with huge financial power....common guys let us be realistic, before you guys start to make this blanket comparisons i think a little bit of context and perspective ought to feature.
My only question is, why set out to build something if you know you don't have the funds/means/ability to build it properly? Next thing you know this kind of patch patch stadium will now come crumbling down putting peoples lives at risk. I just don't get the point of this, either do it right or don't do it at all. Isn't there any state funded properly built/managed/maintained stadium his club can rent while he gets his ducks in a row to create a fitting structure? Abi na by force to build a stadium?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

My only question is, why set out to build something if you know you don't have the funds/means/ability to build it properly? Next thing you know this kind of patch patch stadium will now come crumbling down putting peoples lives at risk. I just don't get the point of this, either do it right or don't do it at all. Isn't there any state funded properly built/managed/maintained stadium his club can rent while he gets his ducks in a row to create a fitting structure? Abi na by force to build a stadium?
What is a proper stadium? Have you been able to verify this claim by mere looking at the pictures? I think we are mixing up a lot of things here :D For your info a glittering shine shine edifice can also come crumbling down.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

What is a proper stadium? Have you been able to verify this claim by mere looking at the pictures? I think we are mixing up a lot of things here :D For your info a glittering shine shine edifice can also come crumbling down.
Abeg no mind dem! This syadium is better than many government owned stadiums in Nigeria and is one of the best grounds in the Nigerian Premier League. How many government stadiums in Nigeria have functional electronic score boards or giant replay screens? The man is trying and i am sure some of the things they have not showed us like the dressing rooms are in top condition to have passed CAF inspection.
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Abeg no mind dem! This syadium is better than many government owned stadiums in Nigeria and is one of the best grounds in the Nigerian Premier League. How many government stadiums in Nigeria have functional electronic score boards or giant replay screens? The man is trying and i am sure some of the things they have not showed us like the dressing rooms are in top condition to have passed CAF inspection.
Guess Nigerians are just conditioned to accept mediocrity. Well he is trying, so that's good enough. :thumb:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Dammy wrote:
oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

Abeg give me a break with rationalization of mediocre; eyes dey chop first before mouth go chop
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

The problem you have with my argument is that you clearly missed its point. I didn't say compete with Milan and those other clubs...I said adopt their model. I am not comparing the quality of his stadium with that of Milan. I said in order to generate additional revenue to build something better Nigerian clubs within close proximity can pool resources and build a better stadium to share rather than have multiple mediocre ones. It doesn't have to be of the same level/standard as the San Siro. If wealthy teams can collaborate then why not supposedly poorer teams? The stadiums can also include both shopping and office complexes to generate additional revenue.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

oloye wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:
theYemster wrote:
Dammy wrote:

True sha
yes o
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:The idea was that by doing an IPO, the club would raise lots of money by selling shares to institutional and individual share buyers.
If you read the link I posted above, it mentioned that Etoile and Esperance Tunis floated under similar circumstances.

folem wrote:How many clubs make money via the stock? Nigerian clubs don't need floatation especially when the brand awareness is still relatively low.
...you have to crawl first before walking.
They need to learn to sell shirts, merchandises, promoting the club and players before going big league of IPO.
We tend to look at the oyinbos success without thinking of how they got to where they are.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

It is a trailblazing initiative to build a privately owned stadium.

Notwithstanding that is the size of a UK Conference League football stadium.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

cchinukw wrote:It is a trailblazing initiative to build a privately owned stadium.

Notwithstanding that is the size of a UK Conference League football stadium.
Told dem! :mrgreen:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

IPO = instant money
selling shirts, merchandise, promoting the club and players = long hard work

Guess which one Nigerians prefer...
mcal wrote:..you have to crawl first before walking.
They need to learn to sell shirts, merchandises, promoting the club and players before going big league of IPO.
We tend to look at the oyinbos success without thinking of how they got to where they are.
Last edited by wiseone on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Why have football clubs failed in the stock exchange?

Below is a reaction to Ghana's Hearts of Oak listing.

http://www.howwemadeitinafrica.com/will ... ange/7910/

Below is an opinion on Hearts of Oak experience after listing.

http://sportsworldghana.com/hearts-oaks ... -paid-off/

http://sportsworldghana.com/hearts-oaks ... aid-off-2/
wiseone wrote:IPO = instant money

You which one Nigerians prefer...
Last edited by folem on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

wiseone wrote:IPO = instant money

You which one Nigerians prefer...
...good luck trying to educate the general populace on IPO, even the rich big men wey get money will not even buy into it. Grass root is road first.